Deadpool

metaltrekman

I think the film you are talking about Mully featured Guns N' Roses, and was part of the Dirty Harry saga.

Yes Deapool was a Dirty Harry movie. Also featured Jim Carrey as the singer who sang the GNR song in the movie. Actually my favorite Dirty Harry movie.

Mine too, by far the best DH flick, but not the comic book adaption, WHY THE FUCK DO THEY CAST RYAN REYNOLDS IN ALL THESE COMIC BOOK TO MOVIE MOVIES??? Jesus!!! he's not that good, and not exactly my idea of a tough comic book hero.

• 2 weeks later...

The reason Ryan Reynolds is in it is because he previously played the part in the first Wolverine movie. After momentum stalled on the project he was also responsible for keeping it alive. Without him there likely wouldn't be a Deadpool movie.

Jacob I am XTREMELY!! picky in the Comic Book/VG movie adaptions that I watch, if I haven't stayed fairly current with the CB or VG, then I have no desire to even see the movie, believe it or not, and I know I am a freak, and possibly the only person out there, but I have just never been that interested in the X-Men, it's just never done it for me, but from what I thought I knew, doesn't Hugh Jackman play Wolverine? im just curious, as far as the movies go, I am an unbreakable advocate of VG/CB movie adaptions being cast with unknown actors in the lead, there is absolutely no preconceived opinion or feeling going into the movie, a perfect example is (IMO of course)the phenomenal job Thomas Jane did as Frank Castle in The Punisher, I believe it came out in 04, that was a comic book that I semi enjoyed, was pretty familiar with, and didn't cast fucking Toby Maguire or Ryan Reynolds trying to sell me off as superheroes, I was a little bugged that they strayed from the original back story that was in the original story and comic book, but ya know what? ultimately the movie itself sold me, and was shades beyond what I would have ever expected from one of these cheesy adaptations, and a lot of it had to do with the fact they didn't sell me off one of these regurgitated "A Lister's", sorry it just makes a difference to me, a big difference, and why wouldn't they be able to do a Deadpool flick without Ryan Reynolds anyway Jacob?? I think they could do Deadpool with about any other actor on the planet but Reynolds(or Maguire) and it would be an absolute bonus, I was so impressed with the Guardians Of The Galaxy movie that it almost changed my entire outlook on the whole genre, as its far and away one of the most entertaining comic books in history, but not one that I would have ever dreamed would be made into a movie, let alone a good movie, I just have never really met anyone else in my life that liked or read it, and I didn't think anybody really even knew about it, another one that's like that which I still enjoy is Falcon, then to have his character actually show up in the last Captain America movie, blew my fucking mind, speaking of which, there's another one who's quickly running out his welcome in these movies, Chris Fucking Evans, he was pretty cool, now he's starting to be in every other movie that is released, getting old, anyways, not trying to throw a wrench in all you Ryan Reynolds and Toby Maguire diehards, It's just a topic that you can only start with so much seriousness to begin with, so it has to play out a certain way for me not to be just incredibly amused with these movies, I shouldn't be laughing during these movies, cause they are not comedies, get what I mean?

• 9 months later...

I'm not terribly familiar with the character (he must've come along after I stopped reading comics) and I usually can't stand Ryan Reynolds but I gotta say, the trailers for "Deadpool" have me intrigued, it looks funny as hell.

• My Little Pony

I'm not terribly familiar with the character (he must've come along after I stopped reading comics) and I usually can't stand Ryan Reynolds but I gotta say, the trailers for "Deadpool" have me intrigued, it looks funny as hell.

You don't like Ryan Reynolds? I love the kid. His comedic delivery is great.

That recent film he did where he killed all his co-workers and his cat and dog talked to him was excellent. Can't think of the name of it right at the moment even though I can see the box cover clearly.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching it, I couldn't help but think to myself this was VanWilder in a gimp suit :whistle:

• My Little Pony

Watching it, I couldn't help but think to myself this was VanWilder in a gimp suit :whistle:

Deadpool wishes he was Van Wilder.

That recent film he did where he killed all his co-workers and his cat and dog talked to him was excellent. Can't think of the name of it right at the moment even though I can see the box cover clearly.

Voices was the movie and again it is excellent. This DP affair does look good.

Sidebar: what's with the new wave of having actors that have already been a superhero, be a different superhero, is it me or is that just weird? Ryan was Green Lantern already right and Ben Afleck was oh crap what was that guys name...

• My Little Pony

Voices was the movie and again it is excellent. This DP affair does look good.

Sidebar: what's with the new wave of having actors that have already been a superhero, be a different superhero, is it me or is that just weird? Ryan was Green Lantern already right and Ben Afleck was oh crap what was that guys name...

Speaking of Green Lantern...

• 1 month later...

Yeah Green Lantern, one of the few superhero movies, I actually was interested in, so who do they cast, Ryan Fucking Reynolds, sorry, anyone who saw Green Lantern, liked it, and didnt think Reynolds fucking bombed it, has no more points to make to me, he blew that fucking movie all by himself, Reynolds was good in 1 movie, ever, it's called Waiting, and pretty much anyone(even Nicholas Cage) could have been good in that cast, with that hilarious writing and all the completely competent co stars they cast in Waiting, I could have been funny in that role, that was a brilliant casting job, that Reynolds happened to land in, especially Luis Guzman, btw anyone who never saw Waiting, you need to watch it, especially anyone of you who's ever worked in the restaurant industry, you will relate 100%

In one of the comics, Deadpool is described as looking like Ryan Reynolds crossed with a radioactive (I believe) Shih-Tzu ... which is why he got the part :)

He got the part cause Hollywood are homers, and homos, look at it Gibbo, the same 4 actors are cast in all the superhero roles, obviously Reynolds is a fan, great, HE'S NOT A FUCKING ACTION MOVIE ACTOR, nor can or will he ever sell me off as one, in the same vein Tobey Maguire had zero chance of selling me on him, Guardians Of The Galaxy, now that was a well cast flick, Deadpool shouldve been played by an unknown, just as Ive stated before(a million times)all superhero roles should be open casted, and go to complete unknowns, then they will become known, and be set and sold as that hero, and not as some fucking pretty boy dork from chick flix, or Ron Jeremy shoud be cast as Deadpool, right? yep

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If it wasn't for Ryan Reynolds there would be no Deadpool movie. He worked for years to get it made. So you may not like him. He even pokes fun of the things you've said in the movie. You still have to admire his resolve.

He got the part cause Hollywood are homers, and homos, look at it Gibbo, the same 4 actors are cast in all the superhero roles, obviously Reynolds is a fan, great, HE'S NOT A FUCKING ACTION MOVIE ACTOR, nor can or will he ever sell me off as one, in the same vein Tobey Maguire had zero chance of selling me on him, Guardians Of The Galaxy, now that was a well cast flick, Deadpool shouldve been played by an unknown, just as Ive stated before(a million times)all superhero roles should be open casted, and go to complete unknowns, then they will become known, and be set and sold as that hero, and not as some fucking pretty boy dork from chick flix, or Ron Jeremy shoud be cast as Deadpool, right? yep

I dont agree - RDJ is f perfect as Ironman.

Christian Bale is great as batman.

All the cast of x men are awesome - esp Hugh Jackman & Patrick Stuart

• My Little Pony

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If it wasn't for Ryan Reynolds there would be no Deadpool movie. He worked for years to get it made. So you may not like him. He even pokes fun of the things you've said in the movie. You still have to admire his resolve.

Yup. Pretty much every hardcore Deadpool fan has been saying that Ryan Reynolds is the closest thing to Wade Wilson, to the point where one of the comic writers had Deadpool say, in the issue, that he "looked like Ryan Reynolds crossed with a Shar-Pei."

shouldve thought of that before ruining
Green Lantern

• My Little Pony

shouldve thought of that before ruining

Green Lantern

Green Lantern wasn't ruined by Ryan Reynolds. That was just a shitty phuking movie. Terribly written, and poorly directed. In fact, Ryan Reynolds' performance, as well as the supporting cast, is the only thing reviewers felt was good.

The funny thing is his role as Hal Jordan is referenced twice in Deadpool.