R.I.P. James Gebbia (staryder)

Very sad news. We exchanged a few PMs back then and I remember clearly his regular CD collecyion updates about how many quality quantity all silver pressed CDs he had. RIP.

Still so hard to believe. I will miss those l-o-n-g- phone calls. I appericate the picture that you put up Terry. A lot of people can see what he looked like. I know he loved those cd trips that you guys took. That's special when you can make a great friend from this site and then meet them and spend time with them doing what you love to do. I feel for your loss.

RIP James... Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends

Whoah.......this is definitely shocking to me. Like so many others here, I spent numerous hours on the phone with James discussing music, him being a car salesman, etc. I haven't spoken to him in some time, but he was definitely one of the most passionate people in our 'collectors circle'. I am truly saddened to hear this...........

Rock on, James.....and keep the rock alive wherever your soul takes you.

Oh my god, this is James, what the fuck?? I just talked to him on Valentines Day, I was going to be doing a job in Tuscon in June and we were going to link up, this just knocked my stomach into my legs, literally, I feel like I just got sucker punched right in my fucking guts, this shit doesnt even effect me anymore, usually, this just effected me far worse then I would ever expected it to, I just dont understand how, he was so amped up and hyper on the phone, there couldnt have been a thing wrong with him, how did this happen, does anyone know? oh my god

I wish I hadn't seen this thread, we use to talk to each other about once a week back in the day and still communicated with occasional texts. He will be sorely missed, he always cracked me up by saying "super mega rare indie".

My body is totally numb by this news.

Although we only spoke on the phone, I felt like we knew each other for years. When I had a good job, I had no problem of sending c.d.'s his way. I loved adding to his massive collection and James was always greatful.

I also tried to give him advice about spending large amounts of money on one simple disc. He always told me not to worry (but brothers do that) we worry about each other.

He also gave me a massive compliment that I will always remember. He told me, that my knowledge of Metal and c.d. Collecting was beyond his expectation. Wow! A man who had 15000 c.d.s telling someone who only had 4000 at that time.

James called me a few months ago and told me about losing his job, his house, his marriage and a certain person stealing some of his collection. I was stunned, but James was always in good spirits.

My only regret was not talking to him sooner. I also wanna add, James never had a bad thing to say about anyone on this site. He loved each and every one of you.

Let's not think of James passing, but the friendship he gave us.

Take care my friend, see you on the other side.

I also wanna add, James never had a bad thing to say about anyone on this site. He loved each and every one of you.

Let's not think of James passing, but the friendship he gave us.

Take care my friend, see you on the other side.

You hit the "nail" right on the head.......I think each one of us who talked with James so many times over the years came away with that exact same impression!!!

Thanks for pointing that out!

Sad to hear this, R.I.P. James. Remember him posting here back in the day.

Dan.....this may not be feasible, but, think about having a topic catagory (or possibly just pinning) a thread such as this. In the case of James, I suspect that he was in touch with a vast majority of the regulars of the forum? I just don't want his memory here and enthusiasum for CD collecting to be lost. It's possible future visitors to the forum will pickup on some of the admired past members that are with us no more!

If this isn't possible, I understand, and maybe others here don't agree with me!

Delbert

• My Little Pony

Dan.....this may not be feasible, but, think about having a topic catagory (or possibly just pinning) a thread such as this. In the case of James, I suspect that he was in touch with a vast majority of the regulars of the forum? I just don't want his memory here and enthusiasum for CD collecting to be lost. It's possible future visitors to the forum will pickup on some of the admired past members that are with us no more!

If this isn't possible, I understand, and maybe others here don't agree with me!

Delbert

I was actually thinking the same thing a week ago. Or maybe have a banner on the forum's homepage.

Delbert

Sounds like a great idea!

• 1 month later...

Still hard to wrap my mind around this... 2 months later and still saddens me to think my pal won't be ringing me with some such none sense or another. :)

Found a couple more pix in my photobucket so I thought I'd post them here. The car ones are from the first James and Terry cd extravaganza.

GetAttachment3.jpg

GetAttachment24.jpg

Then a few more from my old house on the journey 2 quest for any and all high quality and quantity cd's on the planet...

shit031.jpg

shit030.jpg

RIP my friend, I will raise a few next Friday for what would have been your 51st!

Terry, I remember James telling me about the trip up to Washington and the CD hunting you guys did together. He went through every CD you guys found and where and how you found it.......he loved talking about his collecting passion!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I've been out of touch from this forum for a while, and I didn't read this post. Very sad news indeed, I remember when I first posted my CD collection here he told me it was nice.

R.I.P. James (staryder), and my condolences to his familiy and friends.

• 8 months later...