Autograph - Louder EP

Stefan

10923626_631822766922503_134206239182726

Edit: 'Louder' EP out January 7th 2016.

From FB:

Here it is…The first NEW song from #Autograph‬ in over 25 years. 2015 brings a new chapter for Autograph, starting with this new song, “You Are Us, We Are You”. The track is written and recorded by the band’s new lineup, Simon Daniels, Steve Lynch, Randy Rand, and Marc Wieland.
Available for download on iTunes & Amazon, Jan 15th!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Controversial. "First new song in 25 years?" I guess that means Lynch and Rand don't acknowledge 'Buzz' as an authentic Autograph album; but just a Plunkett solo album. Fair play. I actually agree.

But on the same side of the coin, it just makes them look stupid for calling this project Autograph, as it is definitely no more Autograph than 'Buzz' was. This is just two original members of Autograph with a new singer and a new sound. I actually like the new song, to be honest, but it is in no single way, shape or form a "real" Autograph song.

Anyway, technicalities aside, looking forward to the CD, even though it shouldn't be released as Autograph.

Controversial. "First new song in 25 years?" I guess that means Lynch and Rand don't acknowledge 'Buzz' as an authentic Autograph album; but just a Plunkett solo album. Fair play. I actually agree.

But on the same side of the coin, it just makes them look stupid for calling this project Autograph, as it is definitely no more Autograph than 'Buzz' was. This is just two original members of Autograph with a new singer and a new sound. I actually like the new song, to be honest, but it is in no single way, shape or form a "real" Autograph song.

Anyway, technicalities aside, looking forward to the CD, even though it shouldn't be released as Autograph.

You beat me to it! lol. Agree with you, but I really like Buzz and to me the voice is what matters and I think Buzz "sounds" like an Autograph album.

Music was good....and definitely had some Autograph moments to it. However, the vocals take me directly away from "Autograph" to another band....and that is fine, it's just not Autograph without Plunkett.

Music was good....and definitely had some Autograph moments to it. However, the vocals take me directly away from "Autograph" to another band....and that is fine, it's just not Autograph without Plunkett.

Agree 100%

Decent song but I would be happier if Plunkett was involved....my favorite releases are 'Buzz' and 'My Attitude' ....

I love My Attitude but absolutely hated Buzz. My fave from them would be Loud and Clear and Missing Pieces. I also loved Jailhouse so this will be in my collection anyway.

Decent song but I would be happier if Plunkett was involved....my favorite releases are 'Buzz' and 'My Attitude' ....

I love My Attitude but absolutely hated Buzz. My fave from them would be Loud and Clear and Missing Pieces. I also loved Jailhouse so this will be in my collection anyway.

I love both My attitude and Buzz...

This really isnt Autograph without Plunkett... but as long as its good its nice to see those guys back.

Keyboard player passed away a few years back right?

We need Plunkett back.

Ehhh...not bad. For some reason the vox remind me of Ken Tamplin...

Pretty much agree with all that. Except hating 'Buzz.' I don't dislike the disc. It's a nice, safe and VERY unspectacular disc, but it's not too bad. I love 'My attitude' and those two you mention are my favourite Autograph CDs too. And Jailhouse were great.

it's an ok song but I couldn't help but think ''what if plunkett had been singing the exact same lyrics instead of this new guy'' I think it would've sounded better (given plunkett still has the voice he did on the first 3 autograph albums and his solo disc).

biggest disappointment for me though was the guitar solo, I was sure before listening to it that no matter how good or bad the song is gonna be there would be a cool guitar solo as I think Steve Lynch is just an amazing guitarist, but not this time unfortunately...

I've seen Autograph a few times in the past year or so. I am surprised at how good the older songs sound live... even without keys. I'm not a huge fan of keys but I thought that Autograph and Night Ranger were two bands that wouldn't work without them. I was wrong.. Autograph pulls it off.

• 3 months later...

Meh, ok. But it's not Autograph. Just like the new Bonfire isn't Bonfire.

A little boring

Meh, ok. But it's not Autograph. Just like the new Bonfire isn't Bonfire.

Agree 100%. Call it Simon Daniels new band and it would be fine. It's not anymore Autograph than Bonfire is Bonfire today.