David Reece...... vocalist for hire!

AlphaMale

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are singers nowadays really that hard to find? He'll make 1 album and split like he always does.

I agree. When you sing on 10,000 different CDs in 5 years, I think it becomes overkill. Stick with one damn band please.

Mmm doesnt seem right somehow. Can't see this working

Almost 30 years together with the same vocalist; over 20 albums released with the same vocalist... you bet your ass it doesn't seem right. There should be laws against this kind of stuff. ;)

I only have one cd of his - Bangalore Choir - On Target.

I guess the samples for newer stuff never caught me enough to go buy the album.

As far as Bonfire, I don't think he has the right kind of voice and second if his recent cd's are sub-par then I'm even more skeptical that he will work with them.

I seriously doubt it will last and don't expect very good reviews with such a big change.

Claus Lessman is Bonfire.

Say what you want about the quality of their discography in recent years, but this is indeed a fact. It's like replacing Jon Bon Jovi as the lead singer of Bon Jovi. Just ridiculous.

Interesting fact about Bonfire - although a CD was never released, Michael Voss (Casanova) was the vocalist for Bonfire for a brief while after Lessman left around the 1993-1995 era, wasn't he? I guess that'd be how the Demon Drive project with ex-Bonfire guitarist Angel Schliefer (sp?) came to life?

Claus Lessman is Bonfire.

Say what you want about the quality of their discography in recent years, but this is indeed a fact. It's like replacing Jon Bon Jovi as the lead singer of Bon Jovi. Just ridiculous.

Interesting fact about Bonfire - although a CD was never released, Michael Voss (Casanova) was the vocalist for Bonfire for a brief while after Lessman left around the 1993-1995 era, wasn't he? I guess that'd be how the Demon Drive project with ex-Bonfire guitarist Angel Schliefer (sp?) came to life?

Michael Bormann was. I have the demos somewhere but it turned into Charade.

I agree too. Basically, I'm to the point where I'm gonna ignore anything this guy does because I know it won't be long term.

Maybe I'm just bitter because I was taking a liking to Tango Down and their Identity Crisis CD still gets quite a bit of play. I thought that band had a pretty good thing going.

It's obvious that Reece just wants to sing on as many albums as he can and isn't looking to do anything long term. As a result, I'm not investing my time anymore in his stuff as basically everything he does is just a side project.

Are singers nowadays really that hard to find? He'll make 1 album and split like he always does.

I agree. When you sing on 10,000 different CDs in 5 years, I think it becomes overkill. Stick with one damn band please.

Im all for a killer album....just dont call it Bonfire.

Having said that how many vocalists change - Warrant, Gotthard etc....not many are worth buying imo.

• My Little Pony

He has yet another gig...going to be the singer on the new Bonfire record.

If you had actually read this very page, you would see that's precisely what we are all talking about. :blink:

Yeah, and he's also been signed on to front the new Bonfire album, too.

If you had actually read this very page, you would see that's precisely what we are all talking about. :blink:

Breaking News: Reece to front BONFIRE; new disc and tour in 2015

I heard something about a new Bonfire album, anyone have any info on this?!

:lol:

All kidding aside, Love both, so I will check it out for sure. BUT, I am not overly happy about it, Claus' voice is Bonfire.

:lol:

All kidding aside, Love both, so I will check it out for sure. BUT, I am not overly happy about it, Claus' voice is Bonfire.

I listened to Don't Touch The Light and Fireworks today. Still enjoyable to listen to!

Bonfire will be 11 CDs with Reece's vocals since 2008:

Since 2008
Gypsy Rose "Another World" (2008)
Reece "Universal Language" (2009)
Bangalore Choir "Cadence" (2010)
Reece/Kronlund "Solid" (2011)
Bangalore Choir "Metaphor" (2012)
Tango Down "Identity Crisis" (2012)
Reece "Compromise" (2013)
Tango Down "Charming Devil" (2014)
EZ Livin' "Firestorm" (2014)
Wicked Sensation "Adrenaline Rush" (2014)
Bonfire "TBA in 2015" (2015)

from MelodicRock.com

BONFIRE Announce New Album/Line-Up/Label/Management and 2015 Tour
Submitted by Andrew on 12 January, 2015 - 11:21
Artist:
bonfire-2015_0.jpg?itok=4tv15nLs
Monday, May 18, 2015
BONFIRE Announce New Album / New Line-Up / New Label / New Management / and European Tour 2015
Hans Ziller - founder, guitarist, composer and mastermind of the band BONFIRE and Claus Lessmann (Vocals) have separated after nearly 30 years.

The band has not recorded a new studio album since 2011, although there was many internal calls and talk of recording a new Bonfire CD in 2014, it never materialized. Claus Lessmann just could not or would not start recording a new album and never gave any explanation to the band. So, why should this be the end of a nearly 3 decades-long success story?

Quote Hans Ziller
: "I originally formed the band under the name Cacumen in the early 80s, I then brought Claus Lessmann on board eight years later and we changed our name to BONFIRE. I think we simply owe it to our fans to go on. I see no reason to retire just because the lead singer of the band cannot or does not want to sing "and Hans continues:" Bonfire is my life's work, I can look back on the band in a variety of lineups and with many successful years, ECHO - nominations, Golden Record, countless concerts worldwide, more than 1 million records sold, and above all I want to stay loyal to our fans who stayed with us through the years. "

Anyone who knows Mastermind Hans Ziller cannot rest his head easy with this. In recent months Bonfire has composed many new songs and the new BONFIRE-Formation has found itself. With a partially new outfit ofPAUL MORRIS (ex-Rainbow) for the keyboards.
Ronnie Parkes on the bass (former bassist Uwe Kohler pursues a solo project) . Of course, the familiar face of Bonfire drummer Harry Reischman is still there. A second guitarist is still being sought.

And finally the kicker: Ziller QUOTE: "David REECE (ex-Accept) will be the new singer. With David I share not only a total musical agreement, but also a personal friendship. After the many years of the band's internal conflicts, it was also important to me to have musicians around me I can trust and with whom it is fun to be on stage. To just play only the old songs and nothing new, fighting and arguing in the backstage area, is not what I want in my band. It is also dishonest to the fans and makes you sick in the long run and I just don't want that anymore. David Reece is a highly professional and an energetic singer who will revive the classic Bonfire songs. Old and new members will add a spark to the old Bonfire sound while still remaining loyal to its roots."

Currently, the band is in the studio working on the new BONFIRE-album with producer Alessandro Del Vecchio.

The CD will be released in mid-May worldwide by 2015.

With new artist management and new concert agency, BONFIRE will go on a European tour in May.
The first BONFIRE shows will be headlining with special guests ELA and BATTLE BEAST also summer festivals abroad have already been confirmed.

If Del Vecchio lends his pen to the project, it might just be the best album released under the title of Bonfire for quite some time. But I still won't consider it a "real" Bonfire disc. However, if Reece has a lot of say with the writing of the album, I predict it to sound a lot like the other 11 albums in that list above.

You guys are HILARIOUS!! I had left my browser open and the new posts hadn't shown up when I made my post. BTW - did you hear David Reece is now singing for Bonfire?

I don't see a problem with Reece teaming up with BONFIRE, the real problem is BONFIRE seems unable to write great album anymore so who knows with Reece on board, there's a new fire going on their camp, although I also doubt since Reece's last output seems patchy and kinda forgettable :(

You guys are HILARIOUS!! I had left my browser open and the new posts hadn't shown up when I made my post. BTW - did you hear David Reece is now singing for Bonfire?

What?!!! Where did you hear that?