Stephen Pearcy quits RATT again

AlphaMale

RATT frontman Stephen Pearcy has released the following statement:

"After 30 years creating the band RATT and losing a real brother, Robbin [Crosby, late RATT guitarist], it's time that I personally part ways with the band.

"I am officially done with having anything to do with them due to the constant turmoil, unresolved business, personal attacks/threats in the public forum, and most of all, the disrespect to the fans.

"I'm very content and proud of the legacy and the music I’ve created. This music will live well beyond any of our lifetimes.

"I owe no one anything but a huge heartfelt thank you for coming to the party for the last 30 years.

"With much respect, life goes on and the music I created will continue to be heard for years to come despite the dark clouds that have lingered for far too long.

"I will personally continue to make music and perform live shows."

"See you out there."

RATT recently canceled its appearance on the Monsters Of Rock cruise due to the death of Stephen Pearcy's sister.

RATT drummer Bobby Blotzer was slated to sit out the band's appearance at the Monsters Of Rock cruise because he had not yet fully recovered from the neck surgery he underwent last October. Filling in for him once again was supposed to be Jimmy DeGrasso, who has previously played with Y&T, WHITE LION and MEGADETH, among others.

Blotzer previously missed three RATT shows in January. All three dates were played with DeGrasso behind the kit.

RATT's first studio record in 11 years, "Infestation", sold around 14,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 30 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD was issued on April 20, 2010 via Loud & Proud.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/singer-stephen-pearcy-quits-ratt/#GQGzUjey4tVBpcso.99

Shitty news! I know you have to do what you have to do, but I am not a fan of his solo stuff at all.

Not exactly a shock. They've been dragging their feet on an "Infestation" follow up and if you read Pearcy's book it's pretty clear that he and Blotzer hate each other.

I liked Infestation a lot, very solid. I don't specifically play it mainly because there is so much new stuff every week it seems, but I like the Infestation tunes when the come up on shuffle on my PC.

Too bad, I was curious to see if they could follow up with Infestation with something just as good. The last time I saw them live Pearcy was kind of an a-hole and wasn't that interested in being there.

Good thing their last CD was solid instead of leaving us with a stinker. And I agree, solo stuff is boring.

Those who think this is no big deal didn't listen to Infestation. Great comeback album and Blotzer seems to be the prick in the ordeal though I'm sure there is plenty of blame to go around.

that news would have maybe bothered me in........ say 87 / 88??? but today........... knock yourself out stephen! nothing relevant coming from this band anymore, basically dead for a long time and that's coming from a HUGE ratt fan

I pretty much dislike every bandmember on a personal level so it's weird I like their music so much, mainly thanks to warren, robbin and producer beau hill probably

where's demartinis book?? that would be cool and interesting, but he's not the kind of guy who'll do something like that I guess.....

This thing, hm probably Blotzer is the one to blame but not really sure the whole story behind them. Too bad because I think 'Infestation' is an awesome comeback, but after seeing Pearcy's live in the last 2-3 years on TV, I think he's kinda weak on stage now ? Ratt calling it a day should've been the best option here

Read both Blotzer's and Pearcy's books. Neither impressed me. Something tells me the two of them are extremely difficult to get along with. If Blotz was the sole problem why wouldn't the rest of the band send him packing and carry on with the voice of Ratt. There is no legit Ratt unless Pearcy is fronting them, regardless of the current state of his vocals. Blotzer knows this and loathes the fact Pearcy steers the ship.

Blotzer: "Quick! To the Ratt Phone! Call Jizzy Pearl! What do you MEAN, he's busy with Frankie Banali's Simulated Quiet Riot Experience? F*ck! Now what are we gonna do?"

Infestation was a fantastic comeback album, and Pearcys solo efforts have been pretty naff for the most part, so I am sad that they couldnt get their shit together.

Blotzer has been a total arse recently, constantly posting shit about Pearcy, even wishing he got beaten up. Nothing surprising there though as he has long been known as a bit of a twat.

That said, Pearcy has always struck me as Stephen Pearcys biggest fan (if you have seen the DVD that came with the Ratt attack CD, you will understand), so I doubt he is easy to work with anyway.

From memory Croucier rejoined a while back, and am sure I have heard he isnt exactly a great guy either, so three potential arse holes in one band had to be volatile (never head anything bad about Warren, so cant say if its four arse holes or not).

Shame there wont be anymore albums .. well until they can put egos aside when money starts drying up again.

Read both Blotzer's and Pearcy's books. Neither impressed me. Something tells me the two of them are extremely difficult to get along with. If Blotz was the sole problem why wouldn't the rest of the band send him packing and carry on with the voice of Ratt. There is no legit Ratt unless Pearcy is fronting them, regardless of the current state of his vocals. Blotzer knows this and loathes the fact Pearcy steers the ship.

They can't...Blotz and Warren own the band name.

While I am in agreement that without Pearcy there should not be a Ratt, I just wish he would get his head out of his arse and do something decent in his solo career.

I loved the two Arcade albums, thought Vicious Delite was reasonable, and liked a couple of songs from Vertex, but pretty much everything released under his own name is meh.

Even when he did the Ratt re-records, they just sounded like shit.

well the only thing that will make Pearcy's solo good is if Warren deMartini is on board and writing songs as well.

In fact, both of these guys are maybe like Bon Jovi/sambora or Rose/Stradlin, many great songs were written by the duo.

and the same goes with Stradlin solo album. Also you can find that Sambora and Jon's solo aren't as strong as the duet's writing in BJ albums

Sometimes it's weird, but two is better than one :D

To be honest, the solo stuff from Jon and Richie has been no worse than anything they have released as a band in years, and in some cases is even better.

As for Stradlin, cant really comment on how much he contributed to Guns as their never was much of a fuss made about who were the writers of GNR tunes. All I know is that when he left, he went in a totally different musical direction.

A shame, I guess, as 'Infestation' is a great disc. But that said, it was released three decades ago and common sense told you that things were not smooth in the Ratt camp, so I'd be lying if I said this was any surprise. As all have noted, shame the guys seem to be such a f*ck up together as they were pretty damn good as a band.

30 years ago?

I'm exaggerating, mate. Trying to make the point that it was released an age ago and the time inbetween no doubt highlighted the fact that there was little chance of another disc. :)