FIND ME - Wings Of Love

Could this be the next big thing on Frontiers. Maybe the 2013 two man side project answer to the brilliant release from The Magnificent in 2011.

From the samples this sounds freakin' amazing. Lighter sounding than The Magnificent, more of a mix between Toby Hitchcock and Jimi Jamison.

based on these 4 samples, I'll be getting it....but I'll have to wait 3 months, it's not out until August 27th in North America and the 24th in Europe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roZQaR0xOFY

Yep I agree the band name stinks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I love/d the Blanc Faces project and am very glad to hear this dude again. I gotta say, I absolutely love that first song on the album preview... and as I play the others, I love them too. This sounds potentially even better than Blanc Faces. And that's saying a lot, as I truly love that debut... arguably the best CD of the year it was released. But this sounds excellent. Based on those samples alone this album will leapfrog the majority of this years releases without raising a sweat. ZOMFG, how good is 'Dancing to a broken heartbeat???'

Yeah, finally, something to be excited about this year... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I always like Blanc's vocal and I think he also nailed this one pretty damn good. Many upbeat tracks and perhaps only a single decent ballad makin' this more like a melodic rock album instead of AOR. Best track IMHO, is the superb 'Dancing To A Broken Heartbeat' which I think deserved a solid 10/10. 'On The Outside' and 'Wings of Love' are rewarded with 9/10. Came next are 'One Soul', 'Powerless' and 'Your Lips'. Perhaps these six are the higlight of this album, but don't worry because the rest are also very close and in fact, only the ballad 'Eternally' is rated as low as 7.

Overall I think this album live up to our expectation and while I'm not entirely sure how it holds after more than 5 spins, I think people should pay attention to this because what I find here are an album with a set of great tunes.

85%

2 spins into this one and first impressions are VERY favourable. Loads of great tunes with great choruses and a production to die for too. Looking forward too loads more of this.

• 2 weeks later...

2 spins into this one and first impressions are VERY favourable. Loads of great tunes with great choruses and a production to die for too. Looking forward too loads more of this.

Really like the sound of this. I've heard most of the songs and it sounds really good. No doubt that will change if I buy the CD, but so far, I'm impressed.

its on Spotify..........good album, very much in the Blanc Faces way

I don't have access to that, but have listened to the 90 second samples of most of the tracks on iTunes and they all sound pretty good. I don't remember liking Blanc Faces, but this sounds good all the same... :unsure:

I don't have access to that, but have listened to the 90 second samples of most of the tracks on iTunes and they all sound pretty good. I don't remember liking Blanc Faces, but this sounds good all the same... :unsure:

Much better than Blanc Faces, especially the second one.

Im sorry, but I fucking LOVE THIS DISC!! I cannot find a bad thing to say about it, so you caught me, found me a disc with something I actually like on it, I will b sick of this before the end of September at the rate im listening to it, if you havent heard it, HEAR IT! NOW! cause I said it's good, and we all know, I only listen to good shit, nothing else.

everyone has access to it - its free! You might get ads, but anyone can sign up for free now.

just saying...........

(ps tip to avoid ads - skip track a few seconds before the end)

everyone has access to it - its free! You might get ads, but anyone can sign up for free now.

just saying...........

(ps tip to avoid ads - skip track a few seconds before the end)

Cool. When I looked you had to be referred by an existing member, but admittedly that was a couple of years ago. Have ordered the album anyway based on the iTunes samples.

BTW, as hinted above, this has to be the shittest band name ever! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Killer disc, definitely one of my faves of the year. No track I dislike, and a handful of absolute killers. Great ballsy sound, great production... love it all.

Generally I'm very catious about these Frontiers projects, but on the strength of "The Road To Nowhere" I went out and ordered the CD anyway, and low and behold it's actually pretty good. Not outstanding by any means, but good solid stuff. I think the voice lifts these songs to a whole new level also, with a weaker singer it wouldn't have been nearly as good.
They should also have cut it down to 9 or 10 tracks IMO and left blatant filler like "One Soul" out. I could also have done without the obvious "Hysteria"-ripoff "Unbreakable", but I guess an Erik Martensson song is obligatory on every Frontiers release these days - a shame.
With a few more listens I could see it landing somewhere between 80-90% based on the stronger tracks and Robbie La Blanc's outstanding vocals. Don't know if it would top the classic "Fury" release, but it's certainly up there.

One Soul is one of my top 3 picks on the Find Me, after Road To Nowhere and Dancing On A Broken Heartbeat.

I would agree on Road to Nowhere and Dancing On A Broken Heartbeat, killer stuff. I found "One Soul" a little bland to be honest. "Your Lips" is a strange song and I can't seem to make up my mind if I like it or not.

One Soul is one of my top 3 picks on the Find Me, after Road To Nowhere and Dancing On A Broken Heartbeat.

I would agree on Road to Nowhere and Dancing On A Broken Heartbeat, killer stuff. I found "One Soul" a little bland to be honest. "Your Lips" is a strange song and I can't seem to make up my mind if I like it or not.

Your Lips is my 3rd favorite after Road To Nowhere and Dancing On A Broken Heartbeat

• My Little Pony

Your Lips is my 3rd favorite after Road To Nowhere and Dancing On A Broken Heartbeat

Yeah, "One Soul" definitely isn't a "blatant filler." Nor is "Your Lips."

Here's my wrap up on this after a few more listens.

First the positive things...

- The vocal performance of Robbie La Blanc is nothing short of amazing.
- The production is top-class.

- First couple of songs are really good. Even the ballad is pretty decent and you don't get many of those these days.

The not-so-positive things...
- Too many songs. Get rid of crap like "Unbreakable" and "One Soul" (sorry dudes) and cut it down to 9-10 tracks and this would have been a much more consistent and stronger release.

- Too little variation in the material or the "Frontiers syndrome" as I would call it. Every track sounds like the next, too little variety in production, song structures and melody. Fortunately in this case the standout tracks saves the day and prevents it from ending up another faceless release amongst the hundreds of similar projects.

All in all the positive outweighs the negative and it's definitely an above average album, even very good in places. A pleasant surprise.

Overall score: 84%