FIND ME - Wings Of Love

- Too many songs. Get rid of crap like "Unbreakable" and "One Soul" (sorry dudes) and cut it down to 9-10 tracks and this would have been a much more consistent and stronger release.

Wow mate, I agree with you that 'One soul' is one of the weaker songs (though I still dig it) but yowser, 'Unbreakable' is one of my faves on the CD. Love that tune. ;)

- Too many songs. Get rid of crap like "Unbreakable" and "One Soul" (sorry dudes) and cut it down to 9-10 tracks and this would have been a much more consistent and stronger release.

Wow mate, I agree with you that 'One soul' is one of the weaker songs (though I still dig it) but yowser, 'Unbreakable' is one of my faves on the CD. Love that tune. ;)

Don't get me wrong, Geoff, it's a nice enough song and good for what it is. I just can't get over the fact that it is a pure Def Lep rip off of almost Grand Design proportions... all the guy's done is taken the rhythm, feel and verses of "Hysteria" (the song), basically ripped off the pre-chorus to "Animal" note by note and then topped it off with a slightly different chorus hoping nobody would take notice. Now that's a huge turn off for my part and I guess that's why I hate the song so much. :)

Yeah talkin bout rip-offs, just remembered GHOST 'Ritual' and one track from the new A7X album is ripping off MEGADETH 'Symphony of Destruction'. DT 'Behind The Veil' opening riffs is actually METALLICA's 'Creeping Death'. And also from couple years ago, KIMBALL/JAMISON track ripped off BON JOVI Born To Be My Baby. I guess that's the way it is, new stuffs nowadays is actually mostly a revamped old stuffs, although they claimed it's pure inspiration lol

and I rated it around 85% too Kim, great disc, oh and what's wrong with you two, 'One Soul' is great ! :D

Yeah talkin bout rip-offs, just remembered GHOST 'Ritual' and one track from the new A7X album is ripping off MEGADETH 'Symphony of Destruction'. DT 'Behind The Veil' opening riffs is actually METALLICA's 'Creeping Death'. And also from couple years ago, KIMBALL/JAMISON track ripped off BON JOVI Born To Be My Baby. I guess that's the way it is, new stuffs nowadays is actually mostly a revamped old stuffs, although they claimed it's pure inspiration lol

and I rated it around 85% too Kim, great disc, oh and what's wrong with you two, 'One Soul' is great ! :D

& Place Vendome rip off their own song lol!

& Place Vendome rip off their own song lol!

Which 2 songs Glen?

Theres a new sample which rips off 'cross the line' I think? Cant remember now - blatant tho

Shit!

Right a few more thoughts on this one.....basically its on the up :-)

Really killer release. As previously stated this has a surprisingly big ballsy sound. Verging on AOR but really powerful AOR.

Just to say re previous song chats - I love 'One Soul' and 'Unbreakable'. Also surprised no-ones mentioned 'Firefight'....that kicks major arse.

Elsewhere loving all of the first 3 tracks and 'Wings Of Love'.

My only gripe is a couple of the tracks (namely 4 & 9) massively outstay their welcome.....at least a minute too long in each case which needs an annoying 'skip' in each case....but really nit picking now.

Overall this is an excellent release.

90 ish %

Fucking love this disc

Had a couple of spins and quite liking this. No real killer songs yet and as usual with AOR albums, it feels a little on the long side for me, but not bad at all and may improve after another couple of plays.

• 1 month later...
  • My Little Pony

Had a couple of spins and quite liking this. No real killer songs yet and as usual with AOR albums, it feels a little on the long side for me, but not bad at all and may improve after another couple of plays.

It's so good, in fact, that you can find it on his current eGay listing.