Skid Row signs with Megaforce Records - New CD April 16th

whiplash1972

http://skidrow.com/

Final_cover_300.jpg

SKID ROW INKS DEAL WITH MEGAFORCE RECORDS

New York, NY – Legendary rockers Skid Row have signed a deal for North America with famed metal label Megaforce Records. They will join the ranks with label mates Anthrax, Bad Brains, and Lit amongst others. Armed with a new EP entitled “UNITED WORLD REBELLION – Chapter One”, the band has scheduled an April 16th release in North America with an international release date to be announced shortly.

Recently, Snake Sabo stated, “We’ve known the Megaforce family and their various incarnations since 1982. Their history and legacy speaks for itself. We always thought, that at some point, we would work together and this turned out to be the perfect time and vehicle for us to finally do it. They have a sincere belief in what we’re doing and what our vision is which is really rare today. Needless to say, this is a very exciting time for us!”

“UNITED WORLD REBELLION-Chapter One” is the 1st new release from Skid Row since “Revolutions Per Minute” in 2006. This marks a departure for the band, as they will be releasing “UNITED WORLD REBELLION-Chapter One” plus 2 more EP’s over the next 12-18 months as opposed to 1 full-length collection of songs.

Rachel Bolan explained, “We wanted to do something different. Living in an age of information overload it seemed like the perfect time to try something new. We came up with the idea to release 3 consecutive EP’s over the course of the next year or so. This way we have new music out there on a consistent basis. And who better to do that with than Megaforce? They practically invented the EP! United World Rebellion – Chapter One ROCKS!” (Below is a 1st look at the United World Rebellion -Chapter One cover art).

To coincide with the release, the band will embark on a world tour beginning April 4th in Ipswitch, England. This will carry them through the UK along with stops in the Czech Republic, Sweden, Mexico and Korea just to name a few. In the coming months this will be followed by a full-on North American tour.

For more info on “UNITED WORLD REBELLION-Chapter One”, please follow us on:

www.skidrow.com

www.facebook.com/OfficialSkidRow

twitter.com/OfficialSkidRow

twitter.com/UnitedWR

www.youtube.com/skidstv

Skid Row can be contacted at:

info@officialskidrow.com

SKID ROW is:

Johnny Solinger

Rachel Bolan

Scotti Hill

Rob Hammersmith

Snake Sabo

*Sample of new song "Kings of Demolition" available on front page of their website.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sample for "Kings of Demolition" sounds pretty damn good to me! :banger:

I didn't care for Thickskin at all but I liked Revolutions Per Minute a lot (sometimes I think I'm the only person who can make that claim, haha)... therefore I will give this a try for sure.

New song sounds good, and it is the closest to classic SR that they have done with new singer.

Not a big fan of the ep idea but glad they are releasing something. Thickskin and RPM were fucking both awesome., Thickskin had more commercial stuff and RPM had a lot of punk influence. I love the Solinger stuff as much as the Bas stuff.

I dig just about every song on "RPM" but my favorite is the cover of the Alarm's "Strength" ... killer version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFByA2mN7NI

I dig just about every song on "RPM" but my favorite is the cover of the Alarm's "Strength" ... killer version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFByA2mN7NI

Another Dick In the System....Killer!

One of my favorite RPM reviews which some it up short but sweet:

Review

So the boys of Skid Row decided to make one more album without Sebastian Bach, where the new frontman Johnny Solinger doesn't have an easy job filling his shoes.

The previous album "Thickskin" was ok but on the other hand, also their weakest effort compared to the Bach era. The new album "Revolutions per minute" is even worse - Sebastian Bach can't be a happy man thinking what his former bandmates are doing to Skid Row.

Talk about sinking the ship deep down into the grave with a worthless cargo of nonsense hard rock, is this really what the fans want? I don't think so.

The melodic "Strength" is ok but the rest won't even do as b-sides. What the hell were they thinking when they wrote the Irish influenced punkrocker "When god can't wait"? What a terrible song.

The country rocker "You lie" won?t even sound good if they brought in the Country music elite, no way Jose? - this sucks big time!'

You guys are tone deaf. RPM was horrible. The cover song was the only kickass song on the album. Most of the other songs were even worse than Thickskin.

No, I hear just fine. Both albums rocked! Look at the bright side...you don't have to play its;)

I like the new song and agree with Alpha about 'RPM.' By far their worst album, and when the best song on your CD is a cover - and imo 'Strength' was easily the best song on there - you know they're in trouble. As long as they cut out the punk connection that was heavily prevalent on 'RPM' I'll be a happy man. :)

Bout freakin' time. Except for "Subhuman Race", I always thought Skid Row delivered.

Subhuman Race is their best Bach album, just slightly ahead of Slave.

Dude, meet me out back in da alley, 'cuz them be fightin' words. I don't hate "Subhuman Race" by any means, but calling it better than the greatest album ever recorded ("Slave to the Grind") is like saying the sorta-cute girl next door wearing jeans and a sweatshirt is hotter than a Victoria's Secret supermodel clad in the latest flimsy lingerie.

Take it back right now and I promise not to question your sanity. Well, OK, it's actually too late, 'cause I've already questioned it...but take it back anyway. :shutup:

Yeah, that's a big call. I prefer 'Subhuman Race' to 'RPM,' but that's where it sits for me, 2nd from the bottom of their discography. 'Breakin' Down' is one of my favourite songs ever, though. I'll give it that. And 'Eileen' and 'Into Another' are awesome too. And 'My Enemy.' Cool disc, but they have some classics to compete with.

Bout freakin' time. Except for "Subhuman Race", I always thought Skid Row delivered.

Subhuman Race is their best Bach album, just slightly ahead of Slave.

Dude, meet me out back in da alley, 'cuz them be fightin' words. I don't hate "Subhuman Race" by any means, but calling it better than the greatest album ever recorded ("Slave to the Grind") is like saying the sorta-cute girl next door wearing jeans and a sweatshirt is hotter than a Victoria's Secret supermodel clad in the latest flimsy lingerie.

Take it back right now and I promise not to question your sanity. Well, OK, it's actually too late, 'cause I've already questioned it...but take it back anyway. :shutup:

Which alley meet meeting in brother, cause SHR kicks Slave in the dickhole. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Slave. But SHR is just heavy, brutal, hard...and awesome.