Skid Row signs with Megaforce Records - New CD April 16th

whiplash1972

Slave is heavy and fast paced and almost thrashy at times, Subhuman is heavy but darker and doomier for me. The title track is probably closer to Slave in its heavyness, but a song like beat yourself blind, as good as it is, just lacks the melodic heavyness that was Slave.

Honestly though, the debut is my fave as its more "hair metal", but Slave is a worthy follow up, and is just head and shoulders above SHR. I like SHR, but only a few songs on it are worth constant replay value, where as the first two albums I could play all day in their entirity.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like 'Stitches' at all, but I like the other 4 songs, and this is certainly better than 'RPM' by a long shot. 'This is killing me' is my favourite track, and I like the opener too. Good solid EP. I'd hope for a little better across a full album, but it's promising stuff.

I don't like 'Stitches' at all, but I like the other 4 songs, and this is certainly better than 'RPM' by a long shot. 'This is killing me' is my favourite track, and I like the opener too. Good solid EP. I'd hope for a little better across a full album, but it's promising stuff.

:agree:

Unsurprisingly to me it still sounds nothing like Skid Row. Couple of times it touches on their classic sound, and at times Sollinger starts to stray into Bach-esque vocal territory, but it still sounds bugger all like Skid Row to me.

The two Euro bonus covers are ok, but are certainly not amazing either. Sollingers vocals do Fire fire no justice, which is a shame as I absolutely love the whole of that EZO album, and had hoped this one would be awesome. The Judas Priest one (United) is better, but was never one of Priests best songs for me.

• 2 months later...