Shakra - Powerplay (January 11, 2013)

Jeff

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez they're not good vocals... and never have been in the band. But anyway, sounds like a typical Shakra ballad - make of that what you will.

Shakra frustrate me.

On their last album the title track and Crazy, were awesome - 2 of my favourite tracks from that year, but the rest of the album was average.

Can see the newie being the same.........

Hope so, that's what saved the last album for me, trying to get into the new singer, I can honestly say, Shakra is one band that the music supersedes the vocalist, that is unless they have a killer vocalist.

• 1 month later...

Sounds weak to me. Love Shakra. Hopefully this is just a middle of the road track.

Sadly I dont believe many bands go with the middle of the road track as the 1st single off the up coming released album, I have a very very bad feeling this is going to be another Edguy ordeal, Shakra are just going to start pumping out cd's once a year full of complete and udder shit, even getting to the point where there will not even be a single track that could be refereed to as "good", sad, fucking rotten muther fuckers, why didn't they go get their original singer back when Fox left? does anyone know anything about the original singer, I think that guy was pretty fucking tits, this new dude fucking blows, he's a bloody wanker, and if his accent hasn't dissolved more on this album, I'm bloody putting this band on my lone and single shelf titled, metal bands whos vocalists has bad accent. watch me do it, these wankers are regressing, not progressing, their bloody wankers, and I have a big time feeling this album is going to unload the shit all over us, shall we bet? ANYONE LIKE TO BET ME?

:lol: first at Cody. Write a book, please. I would rub my penis in it, then read it.

Second :lol: is at that filmclip. No, no, you guys. You're not serious are you? My Lord and savious jesus christ, come and strike me down now if they're actually serious with that filmclip. That is terrible, and the song's a dud too. Run of the mill filler they're littered the last 15 or so albums with. :(

• My Little Pony

:lol: first at Cody. Write a book, please. I would rub my penis in it, then read it.

I'm sure you rub your penis in every book you 'read.'

Second :lol: is at that filmclip. No, no, you guys. You're not serious are you? My Lord and savious jesus christ, come and strike me down now if they're actually serious with that filmclip. That is terrible, and the song's a dud too. Run of the mill filler they're littered the last 15 or so albums with. :(

Jesus is my savious, too!!

Geoff, I am going to write a book, and I will send you some ink, you know, to dip your penis in before you sign my book with it,

To everyone else, this song is bad, it's fucking horrible, tell me how this song stands when put side to side with

Devil In Me

Why Dont You Call Me

Done Me Wrong

Now you think it's a good song? I bloody don't, and if they thought it was a good song, they would have made a good video to go along with it, right? I mean this isnt the 80's anymore,

I'm completely floored, it sounds better then the last one, why the fuck would they not only include that song, but release it as the 1st single?? must be some politics at play here, OK I admit I was way off, I stand corrected.

Shakra frustrate me.

On their last album the title track and Crazy, were awesome - 2 of my favourite tracks from that year, but the rest of the album was average.

"Crazy" rocks, didn't care for the rest.

Just heard this new one. I love "Save You From Yourself". I'll pass on the rest.

The first Shakra CD is good, but I think this band was at its best with Mark Fox.

Shakra frustrate me.

"Crazy" rocks, didn't care for the rest.

Just heard this new one. I love "Save You From Yourself". I'll pass on the rest.

The first Shakra CD is good, but I think this band was at its best with Mark Fox.

Yeah Crazy and back on track were 2 great tracks.

The newie sounds very samey & just a bit dull. No real big hooks do I'll be passing

After got through this album twice, I can say that half of this album are pretty average but some of them has good choruses and suffered with weaker verses. Two best songs here are 'Save You From Yourself', pretty much agree with Grey there, and 'Don't Keep Me Hanging' is also great stuff, although the chorus is slightly patchy, if only they can fix it a bit, could be a 9 I guess.

Two ballads are quite good too. In fact, I dig 'Wonderful Life' and 'Too Good To Be True' is also a nice closer. Other potential track is 'The Mask' - this one has powerful uptempo chorus and the solos are thrilling. 'Because of You' and 'Secret Hideaway' also has potential because the chorus are pretty good but what happened to the verses, though it's extremely plain and a bit dull, too bad.

All in all, sounds pretty much like same old SHAKRA, with probably a bit more modern influenced here and there. The production is great and I really like the riffs and the killer solos. If only weaker tracks like 'Dream of Mankind', 'Stevie', or 'Dear Enemy' are polished and worked up better, this album could net a higher point from me.

72%

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me, or is 'Save you from yourself' not the best song they've recorded since the 'Power Ride' CD?

No you beat me to the post, asshole, I was literally going to get on here, and that was going to be the str8 1st post I was going to post, unbelivable, sometimes I wonder if our ears and sense of music are somehow genetically tied together, like we were a set of audio twins and you were the one who got kidnapped from the hospital? Anyways, best song on here, best song they have done for a long long time, and almost worth getting the cd in itself.