Save You From Yourself - 9.5/10

Don't Keep Me Hanging - 7/10

Dream Of Mankind - 6.5/10

Stevie - 6.5/10

Because Of You - 8/10

Secret Hideaway - 9/10

Too Good To Be True - 8.5/10

Think that equals about 78%

Is it just me, or is 'Save you from yourself' not the best song they've recorded since the 'Power Ride' CD?

No you beat me to the post, asshole, I was literally going to get on here, and that was going to be the str8 1st post I was going to post, unbelivable, sometimes I wonder if our ears and sense of music are somehow genetically tied together, like we were a set of audio twins and you were the one who got kidnapped from the hospital? Anyways, best song on here, best song they have done for a long long time, and almost worth getting the cd in itself.

It is a very good song, and clearly the best track here, but I do believe that if you listen again to 'Crazy' or 'Back On Track' from the last album that they whip its arse ;-)

For me anyway.

Is it just me, or is 'Save you from yourself' not the best song they've recorded since the 'Power Ride' CD?

Great new tune no doubt....that solo is mega powerful. I'd put these tunes "since Power Ride" against it though:

Done Me Wrong

Little Stories

Vertigo

Lonesomeness

Brand New Day

That said, when the time comes I spin this new tune as many times as I've listened to the ones I listed, then I might say, yes it is the best. But right now, it is too new of a song and the ones I list are some of my favorite Shakra tunes.

No you beat me to the post, asshole, I was literally going to get on here, and that was going to be the str8 1st post I was going to post, unbelivable, sometimes I wonder if our ears and sense of music are somehow genetically tied together, like we were a set of audio twins and you were the one who got kidnapped from the hospital? Anyways, best song on here, best song they have done for a long long time, and almost worth getting the cd in itself.

It is a very good song, and clearly the best track here, but I do believe that if you listen again to 'Crazy' or 'Back On Track' from the last album that they whip its arse ;-)

For me anyway.

Sorry mate, those 2 songs do nothing for me - just exactly the same as the rest of the stuff that's filled their discs since 'Power Ride.' I think that's why I like the new tune so much because it's all like you're listening to the new CD and it's all just the same kind of stuff and then KAZAAM! What's this, one of these songs is actually good for the first time in a long time! Haha, maybe a bit harsh, but 'Save you from yourself' is definitely the first song that's made me actually notice these guys in an age.

Here was my rating, Alpha:

01 – Life is Now - typical pretty average but solid Shakra - 6.50

02 – The Mask - solid rocker - 6.50

03 – Higher - good hard rocker - I like this one - 7.25

04 – Wonderful Life - okay, sappy ballad with exposed vocals - 6.75

05 – Dear Enemy - okay rocker - not great - 6.50

06 – Save You From yourself - best Shakra song in an age! - 8.75

07 – Dont keep me Hanging - good, strong hard rocker - 7.50

08 – Dream of Mankind - nice riff, okay song - 7.00

09 – Stevie - okay rocker - 6.25

10 – Because of You - solid rocker - 6.75

11 – Secret Hideaway - good hard rocker, one of the best here - 7.50

12 – The World keeps Turning - decent at best ballad - 6.50

Total - 70%

This fucking album is shit, you all can be in denial all you want, Done Me Wrong? dont even put that idea on this board, Edguy, Shakra, PC69, all bands I fucking crave, who I literally couldn't sleep a week before their disc came out, all bands who fucking blow, here's what I think, I think Dynazty is ramping up to release their pinnacle album, right before they join the ranks of these other bands ive listed, but I whole heartedly believe, that they are going to release their apex, so thats what im getting excited for, you all can kid yourself s all you want, this song is killer, this albums a fucking joke and this singer fucking blows, sorry, guess im a pessimist, I know some new bands right around the corner, thats going to blow my balls off with some fucking awesome release, until then, guess i'll pull out some FM, or maybe I'll give my Brass Construction or Kon-Fun-ktion or Slave cd's some love in my down time, but I refuse to hear this bullshit anymore, and im fucking furious I blew my money on it, i shouldve just pirated it, what about when the bands are ripping us off? perhaps i'll shoot off a letter to Osama bitching about reverse piracy!

This fucking album is shit, you all can be in denial all you want, Done Me Wrong? dont even put that idea on this board, Edguy, Shakra, PC69, all bands I fucking crave, who I literally couldn't sleep a week before their disc came out, all bands who fucking blow, here's what I think, I think Dynazty is ramping up to release their pinnacle album, right before they join the ranks of these other bands ive listed, but I whole heartedly believe, that they are going to release their apex, so thats what im getting excited for, you all can kid yourself s all you want, this song is killer, this albums a fucking joke and this singer fucking blows, sorry, guess im a pessimist, I know some new bands right around the corner, thats going to blow my balls off with some fucking awesome release, until then, guess i'll pull out some FM, or maybe I'll give my Brass Construction or Kon-Fun-ktion or Slave cd's some love in my down time, but I refuse to hear this bullshit anymore, and im fucking furious I blew my money on it, i shouldve just pirated it, what about when the bands are ripping us off? perhaps i'll shoot off a letter to Osama bitching about reverse piracy!

You never listen to me do you. I did state earlier that it a 65-70% album at best with litle or no hooks.

Could have saved yourself some dosh ;-)

Can I get the cliff notes please?

Sorry this is not shit. It's your basic Shakra album. Great melodic hard rock with several great songs and a few just okay songs. Higher, Life is Now, The Mask, Wonderful Life, Save You From Yourself are all top notch for me.

Ok, I actually took time to decipher this...

I have not bought the new Shakra yet, so I have not heard the entire album. Based on comments it seems this will have great tunes and some filler, in the end getting some average scores. Ok, so maybe not up to par. I'll reserve my judgement until I can listen in full.

As for Done Me Wrong. It is a killer tune IMO and I'll put that idea on this board and if you don't like it I can suggest a place you can put it. "And the sun will shine."

Edguy...hit and miss for me as well, they seem to change their style so much. Rocket Ride is a great disc though, their best of what I've heard.

PC69...they seems to get a couple of killer tunes, some decent tunes and some filler on most releases. Ceremonial is really good IMO.

Dyanzty...great band, I am probably in the minority that loves their first release even more than the excellent recent releases. I just wish their newer discs were more available at prices that don't break the bank.

Literally, not sleeping a week before a music CD comes out? I hope you are literally fucking joking.

No Sir, I hope it is you that is joking??

Wes, you see buddy, Shakra could get away with that kind of bullshit when they had an acceptable singer, and even then, they would always come to jam, even when the song was shit, it was always a kick ass song musically, I dont know if it's this singer, or they hurried to fast to put this album out, or what, I am even less impressed by this album then the last, and that has never spelled good thing for any band, Edguy get progressively worse every album they put out, and PC69 are kind of just getting worse slower then these other 2 bands, I always said this, it's kind of my philosaphy as far as music goes, or the way I hear it anyways, and it probably has something to do with why Venom has been my favorite band for so long, and why I have so much respect for Slayer, and look at Nicki Minaj with more respect then Metallica, if your not going to bring the songs to the table, you need to keep your balls out, not tuck them in, you need to let them hang a little lower and come with the power, if your not going to write catchy songs, you better be writting mind blowing power songs, or you'd better take an extra 6 months as a band and make sure your music comes out catchy, because if the songs arent there as a whole, you just sound like mundane by the book everything else, and I think that was one of the most appealing things about Shakra, they have always loaded cd's with many fillers, but even within the fillers, those guitar riffs could always be counted on to pick things up a little bit.

Glen, I had already ordered it bro, dont think I dont listen to you, I was just waiting for it to get hear, before I completely lost my mind for blowing my money, I mean its not even the money, it's the point you know?

And to the other Jeff, Done Me Wrong is the worst Shakra song they ever did, Rocket Ride is the last decent Edguy ever released and it was just a crossover from good Edguy, into Edguy that is now, want to hear the best Edguy? their Pinnacle album? you ever heard of Hellfire Club ? that is Edguy at their best. and I dont sleep a week before because im all hocked up on meth, and Ludes, so the sun is always shining, yeah! why don't you study up so you know nobody is a bigger fan of Done Me Wrong then me, and the fact you bring such legendary words and place them in the same thread as this album, is very troubling to say the least, this is the low of Shakras career and Done Me Wrong completely stands in a class so far above anything on this album you do a disservice by mentioning it in the same thread, but if you want to tell me how it is OK, I got ya, understood, if you want me I'll be over on the Wham! thread discussing all things about the greatest group in world history. I dont really know much about this kind of stuff anyways, I was just trying to fit in and be cool, but it's obvious im not, so i apologize.

Dyanzty...great band, I am probably in the minority that loves their first release even more than the excellent recent releases. I just wish their newer discs were more available at prices that don't break the bank.

Nah mate, you have at least one creep on your side. The new Dynazty discs have a handful of great tunes, but I'd agree with you that their debut is definitely still the most complete, fresh and honest album they've recorded.

100% agree with you about the availability of the new CDs too. Basically impossible to purchase. I got 'Knock 'em down' a couple of years after it's release and it was still expensive, and I'm not sure I'll ever own a copy of their latest.

Nah mate, you have at least one creep on your side. The new Dynazty discs have a handful of great tunes, but I'd agree with you that their debut is definitely still the most complete, fresh and honest album they've recorded.

100% agree with you about the availability of the new CDs too. Basically impossible to purchase. I got 'Knock 'em down' a couple of years after it's release and it was still expensive, and I'm not sure I'll ever own a copy of their latest.

I've been trying to track down the Sultans of Sin since it came out but the price is ridiculous....did see it for a reasonable price at 2 sites but neither would ship outside Europe....it would be nice if a dealer like Perris would pick it up for the North American market...

I've been trying to track down the Sultans of Sin since it came out but the price is ridiculous....did see it for a reasonable price at 2 sites but neither would ship outside Europe....it would be nice if a dealer like Perris would pick it up for the North American market...

Would you like me to pick one up and ship it to you bro?

Would you like me to pick one up and ship it to you bro?

It's just crazy expensive and Neh did have it for $23 and i wish i would have grabbed it but i thought it would go down but it never has.

Me too Wes

Nice to see I'm not alone.

I like it also!