Shakra - Powerplay (January 11, 2013)

Jeff

I prefer the 1st singer to Fox and Prakesh.

Dude I think Wiedmer is so far ahead of the others its disgusting, Fox sang on some songs, that were just straight Metal gold, but the ones he sucks on fucking suck bad, Prakesh is just not doing it for me, there were a few songs on the last album that if Fox had been on I believe he wouldve nailed it, but Prakesh just doesnt do it, he cant save the mediocre songs, and thats what i thought fox did better then any of them, he took what coudve been shitty songs, and made them listenable, Pakesh doesnt have that ability, and thats the conclusion ive come to.

I have never individually liked any of the vocalists, but in hindsight, there's not a doubt in the world that the original was definitely the best. The other two dudes have been horrible. Meaning Fox and the new guy. Hate both their voices.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer the 1st singer to Fox and Prakesh.

Dude I think Wiedmer is so far ahead of the others its disgusting, Fox sang on some songs, that were just straight Metal gold, but the ones he sucks on fucking suck bad, Prakesh is just not doing it for me, there were a few songs on the last album that if Fox had been on I believe he wouldve nailed it, but Prakesh just doesnt do it, he cant save the mediocre songs, and thats what i thought fox did better then any of them, he took what coudve been shitty songs, and made them listenable, Pakesh doesnt have that ability, and thats the conclusion ive come to.

I have never individually liked any of the vocalists, but in hindsight, there's not a doubt in the world that the original was definitely the best. The other two dudes have been horrible. Meaning Fox and the new guy. Hate both their voices.

Wow, I don't think either are THAT bad...I think both fit the bands style. To me, Shakra's guitar work, catchy in your face riffs is what drives their music, not the vocals. Letting the vocals take a bit of a back seat to the guitar seems to work for them, IMO.

I think H.E.A.T might be mine again for 2013, that's how good I thought it was

Holy crap, finally something short, simple, makes sense....and I can agree with! Address The Nation is absolutely killer.

Actually Jeff, I know you dont read my posts, because I have caught you on many occasions taking shots at me for things that if you did read my posts you'd already have known we are in full agreement, that is why I find it humorous that you do take the shots you do, actually I could go through and pick out at least 10 things we more then agree on, and i even caught a few we are the only ones who do agree on, so look a little deeper then my mouthy disrespectful comments, I am actually a wit, and do have a brain and a valid concept of what we are discussing, I also just have a little problem with talking shit.

Holy crap, finally something short, simple, makes sense....and I can agree with! Address The Nation is absolutely killer.

Actually Jeff, I know you dont read my posts, because I have caught you on many occasions taking shots at me for things that if you did read my posts you'd already have known we are in full agreement, that is why I find it humorous that you do take the shots you do, actually I could go through and pick out at least 10 things we more then agree on, and i even caught a few we are the only ones who do agree on, so look a little deeper then my mouthy disrespectful comments, I am actually a wit, and do have a brain and a valid concept of what we are discussing, I also just have a little problem with talking shit.

Cody I could be wrong but I think Jeff was joking and was also agreeing with your statement.

Cody I could be wrong but I think Jeff was joking and was also agreeing with your statement.

I understand, but he hates me, he wishes I would just go to another forum, I could say day, and he would say night, tell me it's black when I know that its white, it's always the same, it's just a shame, thats all, ya know

I understand, but he hates me, he wishes I would just go to another forum, I could say day, and he would say night, tell me it's black when I know that its white, it's always the same, it's just a shame, thats all, ya know

Nice- PC!

Dude, I don't even know you enough to hate you, unless you really do meth then I don't hold you in very high regards (I assume you were being a wise guy), I never said for you to go anywhere, I didn't think we had that much history (do we? aside from this Shakra topic), some shit you say is funny, IF I can understand what you say, you dish a lot of it to others so I didn't think it was a big deal to dish it to you, nicely done with the Genesis reference. In every life we have some trouble, when you worry you make it double, don't worry, be happy.

Dude, I don't even know you enough to hate you, unless you really do meth then I don't hold you in very high regards (I assume you were being a wise guy), I never said for you to go anywhere, I didn't think we had that much history (do we? aside from this Shakra topic), some shit you say is funny, IF I can understand what you say, you dish a lot of it to others so I didn't think it was a big deal to dish it to you, nicely done with the Genesis reference. In every life we have some trouble, when you worry you make it double, don't worry, be happy.

No bro, I love it when someone actually acknowledges me, and to dish it back is fantabulous, thank you, we dont, no I just tell people I do meth, cause it's hilarious, to joke about being an addict(which I used to actually be) it's just fun to fuck with everyone, and i figure eventually someone will do the same with me, we dont have history, we havent even conversed on the forum(so you wont be in the recognition thread anytime soon LOL) know I was just bustin your balls bro, thank you for busting mine, thank you for the Genesis reference, and nice Bobby McFerrin reference, I found it highly entertaining, you cool Jeff, I just dont know you to well, so when you come out of left field and bust my balls, I kind of dont know what to think you know, i have to stop and remember we are all metal bretheran, and I do rant a bit, you think that's uncomprehendable, you should wait till you talk with me in person bro, we cool, yeah feel free to bust my balls whenever you want, I really do enjoy it when someone fucks with me back, gets pointless when no buddy even likes me enough to make fun of me, or talk shit to me, i feel sad.

Glad to see you two make nice nice :drink2:

Be careful if you receive a package from Jeff in the mail containing "floorburgers" and a recording of him singing Parasite City. If you do, make like Iron Maiden and Run for the Hills!!! :gone:

Be careful if you receive a package from Jeff in the mail containing "floorburgers" and a recording of him singing Parasite City. If you do, make like Iron Maiden and Run for the Hills!!! :gone:

We are lovers, not fighters. But not lovers with each other, but, well, forget it....

As for Parasite Jeff's famous floor burgers.....If you don't like it, if you don't like it I don't care. If you don't like it, you can hit the road 'cause I just don't just don't care!

(this is sorta fun....chatting via lyrics)

It was fun, fun while it lasted, I hit the road through tokyo and by morning time im blasted, you'll never ever know what this has done to me, your probably laughing with your friends about the loser you had in me

We are lovers, not fighters. But not lovers with each other, but, well, forget it....

As for Parasite Jeff's famous floor burgers.....If you don't like it, if you don't like it I don't care. If you don't like it, you can hit the road 'cause I just don't just don't care!

(this is sorta fun....chatting via lyrics)

Nice, Cinderella!

It was fun, fun while it lasted, I hit the road through tokyo and by morning time im blasted, you'll never ever know what this has done to me, your probably laughing with your friends about the loser you had in me

I can't name that tune.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't name that tune.

No I hope you cant name it, because they are my lyrics, I wrote in 1998, my one and only time I went to Japan, and was informed the day I got there, I would be coming back to an empty house, and boy was that an understatement, I ended up taking that bitch to court just to get my own furniture back, bitch fucking robbed me blind, nope those are M.O.L. My Own Lyrics, thank you very much

• 3 weeks later...

I really like this album. Crunching guitars and the vocals aren't as bad as you all made them out to be. I've heard worse.