Redrum - Victims Of The Circumstances

Stefan

Redrum are working on their second album 'Victims Of The Circumstances' and it's scheduled to be released in March next year. The debut 'No Turning Back' was released back in 2007 and once again Michael Bormann handles the vocals.

See teaser below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXzFVAr8fpo

You guys really like that? Sounds like a typical waaaay below par filler you'd find on recent Bormann discs. The song bores the living shit out of me to be honest. I hope for a good album, but I hate when the title track to an album is shithouse... never a good sign.

I'm with Geoff for once, don't like the sound of this at all. But I've never heard the first Redrum album before now, and the tracks I've just listened to on Youtube sound sweeeeet...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good song but not quite what I expected for a lead single/video. It seems a little to long and takes a while for the pace to pick up. I will say that once it gets going and Michael starts singing it does get better but then again he could sing the phone book....

Samples from all tracks from this one going up on the main site today.

One of my favorite tracks is "Have a Nice Day" (no, not a BJ cover):

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/audio/redrum_hand.mp3

If the whole album was as good as this song, it'd be killer...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok well as with most Mike Borringman shit, or even shit he's not on but is affiliated with, this is ho hum by the book heavy rock, that sounds nice on the exterior, and delivers technically what it's supposed to, so it puts you in a bind, as you cannot say you didnt get a quality product, but all in all there is absolutely nothing here that stands out, or makes you happy you bought this, I found it by the book to a tee, it is good from a music standpoint, it is worthless from a standout aspect, nobody went the extra mile on this album, I didnt finish listening to it, turn it off, and remember one song off of it, nope, I finished turned it off, and went to the next new arrival, I couldnt tell it was Borringman singing, to be honest with you, guess I shouldve figured.

Ok well as with most Mike Borringman shit, or even shit he's not on but is affiliated with, this is ho hum by the book heavy rock, that sounds nice on the exterior, and delivers technically what it's supposed to, so it puts you in a bind, as you cannot say you didnt get a quality product, but all in all there is absolutely nothing here that stands out, or makes you happy you bought this, I found it by the book to a tee, it is good from a music standpoint, it is worthless from a standout aspect, nobody went the extra mile on this album, I didnt finish listening to it, turn it off, and remember one song off of it, nope, I finished turned it off, and went to the next new arrival, I couldnt tell it was Borringman singing, to be honest with you, guess I shouldve figured.

I don't understand why you bought it then,going into it not caring for him or his material to begin with!

I don't understand why you bought it then,going into it not caring for him or his material to begin with!

:agree:

... this is ho hum by the book heavy rock, that sounds nice on the exterior, and delivers technically what it's supposed to, so it puts you in a bind, as you cannot say you didnt get a quality product, but all in all there is absolutely nothing here that stands out, or makes you happy you bought this....

Actually agree with you on this statement...at least for this song above. Where does it stand out? I was sort bored by the track as well.

Cause I didnt know anything about it, I usually just buy a bunch of cd's, and listen to them, I hadnt studied it or even know what it was, do you think this is a bad way of doing it? I just hate to miss anything, and on a side note, I never said everything Borringman does is bad, it's actually not, none of it is bad, he is just very repetitive and boring, when it was new, he was great, those early JH discs absolutely rock, but there just comes a time when you should try something different, because he is not that good that he can just do the same thing forever and keep at least my attention, I mean it's not like he's Tobias or Jorn, those are 2 guys i would rather do the same thing forever, and even they have become boring and monotonous lately, so yeah I just ordered the disc, I had NO idea it was a Boringman project.

Cause I didnt know anything about it, I usually just buy a bunch of cd's, and listen to them, I hadnt studied it or even know what it was, do you think this is a bad way of doing it? I just hate to miss anything, and on a side note, I never said everything Borringman does is bad, it's actually not, none of it is bad, he is just very repetitive and boring, when it was new, he was great, those early JH discs absolutely rock, but there just comes a time when you should try something different, because he is not that good that he can just do the same thing forever and keep at least my attention, I mean it's not like he's Tobias or Jorn, those are 2 guys i would rather do the same thing forever, and even they have become boring and monotonous lately, so yeah I just ordered the disc, I had NO idea it was a Boringman project.

Well, back in the day I used to buy TAPES without knowing anything about it. But, with the internet you do have information for just about all bands and music coming out before it does.

Well, back in the day I used to buy TAPES without knowing anything about it. But, with the internet you do have information for just about all bands and music coming out before it does.

And I do that alot of the times, sometimes I will even download the album illegally to see if I like it before I buy it, but I have been very busy, and another thing is this, many of my favorite discs, are ones I hated at first, and grew to love, which is why I try to go back and re examine my opinion, know what i mean man.

And I do that alot of the times, sometimes I will even download the album illegally to see if I like it before I buy it, but I have been very busy, and another thing is this, many of my favorite discs, are ones I hated at first, and grew to love, which is why I try to go back and re examine my opinion, know what i mean man.

I do.

So intrigued to check this one but sadly this just doesn't work out really well for me.

There are few great moments such as 'You Can't Buy No Hero' - kudos on the awesome chorus on this one; 'Empty Promises' - a very nice power ballad; 'Tear Down The Walls' - melodic and heavy at the same time, great riffs, and probably best track for me here, but mostly are almost average. Some that have potential are 'Scream' - a tense hard rock tune with nice solo but verse/chorus didn't reach the peak; 'Pokerface' is pretty good too, and 'Mother I'm Coming Home' ain't bad at all.

Production is excellent, musicianship is okay with Bormann on vocal, some people might not like his vocal but I'm quite fine with him, it's just the songs aren't really balance, at least 4 average fillers here so replay value is pretty low.

68%