Redrum - Victims Of The Circumstances

Stefan

So intrigued to check this one but sadly this just doesn't work out really well for me.

There are few great moments such as 'You Can't Buy No Hero' - kudos on the awesome chorus on this one; 'Empty Promises' - a very nice power ballad; 'Tear Down The Walls' - melodic and heavy at the same time, great riffs, and probably best track for me here, but mostly are almost average. Some that have potential are 'Scream' - a tense hard rock tune with nice solo but verse/chorus didn't reach the peak; 'Pokerface' is pretty good too, and 'Mother I'm Coming Home' ain't bad at all.

Production is excellent, musicianship is okay with Bormann on vocal, some people might not like his vocal but I'm quite fine with him, it's just the songs aren't really balance, at least 4 average fillers here so replay value is pretty low.

68%

This is a very accurate description, I guess if Borringman puts out some good songs, then he is very good, but this just comes off like a cd full of unmemorable and very basic and average songs, nothing catchy about this disc, from a by the numbers rock CD perspective, this is not a bust, but if your looking for break out killer and awesome songs, this is really not an album for that, but you be the judge.

Yeah, pretty much the same here. I was a little more generous and threw a 71% at it as it was a little better than I anticipated. On the plus side, 'Empty Promises' is about the best song I've heard from Bormann since JH. And 'Tear down the walls' is another great rocker. The opener is weak and the 2nd half of the CD drags a bit, but there are some pretty solid songs here. Nice cover of John Farnham's 'You're the voice' too.

I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone for decent coin, but if it falls in your lap for a few dollars, give it a go.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Redrum-Victims-Of-Our-Circumstances-2013

Track List:
1. One of Us
2. Scream
3. You Can’t Buy No Hero
4. Dust in Your Eyes
5. Empty Promises
6. Pokerface
7. Dirty White Boy
8. Mother I’m Coming Home
9. Tear Down the Walls
10. Have a Nice Day
11. Victims of Our Circumstances

12. You’re The Voice

I'll admit I do like both those songs, standard as they are. I expect this album will be exactly what we all expect of it, but I hope it's a bit better than normal. It's a nice start...