Finally .... I have employment

Faron

After 13 months of unemployment due to redundancy, I have now been offered a job and I will start on Monday 23rd April.

This has been extremely stressful and seriously frustrating as I had applied for around 150 jobs, yes I had some interviews which surmounted to 2 or 3 visits for assessments/interviews but unfortunately unsuccessful.

The current climate of very high unemployment especially in surrounding areas didn`t help, if it was for jobs that I had no experience for when applying, I didn`t get a look in, for most of the applications there was never a response even after follow up contact from myself.

Having looked online for job vacancies totalling 5-6 hours per day, 7 days a week, persistence paid off, I hope I don`t have to go through all this again.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good on ya mate,i'm so happy for you as i'm still a casual employee after nearly 2 years at my job and the company went into recievership last December but since has been bought out,so i hope the new company will put me on full time.

Congrats! I was only out of work for 3 and a half months about a 2 years ago, but I was at my last job for 22 years so I was a little worried myself. But once again ,Congrats.

Congrats! I was only out of work for 3 and a half months about a year and a half ago, but I was at my last job for 22 years so Iwas a little worried myself. But once again ,Congrats.

Yeah, I wasn't out of work for long either when my last place went into liquidation. It's such a cruel world that you can be so worried and concerned about not having something you hate so much. :lol: I was worried every day I was unemployed but now I'm back to dreading every day at work. Haha. Such a cruel world.

Woohoo! Good news. :homer: Good luck.

Great news indeed Faron. :tumbsup: I was out of work for 8 months and it was awful. It's as if you start to panic and try too hard in every interview and then the employer can smell the panic in you. Ugh, hated it! The place I'm at now has an owner that will be retiring and closing the business. Then I'm back to square one looking for another job. Could be six months from now, could be three years from now. But it's going to happen and hopefully he gives us plenty of warning when he decides to retire.

Thanks all, I'm so chuffed now, maybe I should order myself s few cd's and an Indian takeaway to celebrate :party421:

Congrats, mate ! All the best !! :drink:

And now keep fingers crossed for me, please !

Thanks all, I'm so chuffed now, maybe I should order myself s few cd's and an Indian takeaway to celebrate :party421:

You have great Indian food in UK!!! I'm kind of jealous,,,, Swedish indian food doesn't taste near as good as UK Indian :(

• My Little Pony

I'm happy for you. I've been blessed in that I've never had to experience something like that. I hope the rest here that are searching will find work soon.

You have great Indian food in UK!!! I'm kind of jealous,,,, Swedish indian food doesn't taste near as good as UK Indian :(

It sure is great mate, hopefully I will order in a Chicken Tikka Dansak Madras hot, Pilau Rice and a Keema Naan, my mouth is watering as I type this :guitbannana:

Congrats, mate ! All the best !! :drink:

And now keep fingers crossed for me, please !

Thanks mate, fingers crossed for you Bernd :beerbang:

I`m in the same boat as u was in.hearing news like this and im from the uk as well.makes me very happy for u.

enjoy the indian as well

mitch

Keep your chin up Mitch, thanks :beerbang:

Congrats man! I was jobless for almost 7 months last year, and its no fun. The uncertainty SUCKS.

Glad to hear you're back in the work force. :drink: