Finally .... I have employment

Faron

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Puuuuhh ... ! First day at work today. I'm exhausted !!

You should try my job mate..now that's exhausting! :whistle:

Belated congrats BTW. I only heard the news from Nick the other day. Good to see you sorted.

You should try my job mate..now that's exhausting! :whistle:

Belated congrats BTW. I only heard the news from Nick the other day. Good to see you sorted.

Thanks, mate ! :drink:

My job fucking sucks. Anybody want it?? :yikes:

Congrats you guys on landing something. I'm on the hunt for a replacement job. Fucking multi-million dollar company that doesn't pay great and don't pay to maintain their equipment. A joke of an organization.

I'm back on the hunt too. Godf*ckingc*ntit. Looks like I've got about 2 weeks left where I'm at and then I'm a free man. Normally I'd be happy to have the break but at the moment I need the cash coming in. This whole job thing, or lack thereof, has me in the worst state of mind in over a decade, I think. Just some peace of mind is all I fancy. What a super world. :)

Sorry Geoff. That blows. My company is just so mismanaged, it's ridiculous. I've had my fill and now I'm looking to move on. But I know there isn't much out there. Jobs are scarce.

Hopefully, when one door closes, another one opens, my friend. Good luck to you!

Thanks dudes. Speaking of mismanagement, I've not seen a worse department in my life than where I am until I finish up on Friday the 13th of July. lol. But seriously, what c*nts. They have strung me along for 6 months of temp work (after making it clear in the interview that they'd not mess me around, well aware I needed full time work) only to discard me for a blind new permanent employee... thanks for coming, now f*ck off. The amazing thing is I get on well with everyone in the place, except for the 2 c*nts in charge of my immediate future. Things about the place were really starting to frustrate me, but one can't be picky and I needed that money coming in. Gasp... oh well, will see what happens next I guess.

Thanks dudes. Speaking of mismanagement, I've not seen a worse department in my life than where I am until I finish up on Friday the 13th of July. lol. But seriously, what c*nts. They have strung me along for 6 months of temp work (after making it clear in the interview that they'd not mess me around, well aware I needed full time work) only to discard me for a blind new permanent employee... thanks for coming, now f*ck off. The amazing thing is I get on well with everyone in the place, except for the 2 c*nts in charge of my immediate future. Things about the place were really starting to frustrate me, but one can't be picky and I needed that money coming in. Gasp... oh well, will see what happens next I guess.

Bloody hell! I thought it was only in the UK where we had this kind of buffoonery in management. Hope you get something much better mate, so you can give them the finger.

Bloody hell! I thought it was only in the UK where we had this kind of buffoonery in management. Hope you get something much better mate, so you can give them the finger.

Yeah mate..I hope something turns up for ya..crossing fingers and all that

Thanks doods. One week down at the end of tomorrow, sent off 9 valid applications since Tuesday and no replies yet. Good times. Haha. Definitely getting a bit nervous about this one...

Thanks doods. One week down at the end of tomorrow, sent off 9 valid applications since Tuesday and no replies yet. Good times. Haha. Definitely getting a bit nervous about this one...

Try to do your best keeping positive, all the while with the rejection and such.

I am in a similar spot to you again Geoff, about a month left on my contract and about a -1% of staying on. :(

That said I have 2 different opportunities knocking at the door ( i knew my work ehtic would account for something someday...), so currently I am trying to keep them on the hook while waiting for the hammer to drop. Seems strange, but I am just not ready to jump ship early, just in case, you know?

Good Luck Geoff..

My temp employment is about to run it's course as well.

I wish everyone the best, to look for perminent jobs..

Yeah mate..I hope something turns up for ya..crossing fingers and all that

Same here ! Try to stay positive, even if it sucks sometimes. And pull all the necessary ropes to find a job, i.e. use your contacts, sign up to job exchanges/message boards on the internet, call headhunters if applicable, etc.

Try to do your best keeping positive, all the while with the rejection and such.

I am in a similar spot to you again Geoff, about a month left on my contract and about a -1% of staying on. :(

That said I have 2 different opportunities knocking at the door ( i knew my work ehtic would account for something someday...), so currently I am trying to keep them on the hook while waiting for the hammer to drop. Seems strange, but I am just not ready to jump ship early, just in case, you know?

Thanks doods.

Yeah mate, usually I keep pretty relaxed about it all. Hard to complain about spare time too much, I used to think. Just got a little more at stake this time, which y'all will no doubt find out about all going well.

You're lucky, mate, having back-up plans ready to go. I must admit, I saw my situation coming a mile away (thought admittedly I thought - and was told - that I'd still be there at least until September this year, so this sudden change of heart is one thing they've caught me out with) and have been putting mild feelers out there and asking my recruitment agency to look for stuff for me... but it seems soooo quiet at the moment. Just absolutely no response to anything.

100% know what you're saying about not jumping ship too. My wife and parents were encouraging me to get the hell out of this situation I was in miles back, but being there I guess I was just willing things to work out for this or that reason... but now I sure wish I'd put more effort into my searches from back when I saw this coming. :)

Email me.

Email me.

I'm willing to re-locate Matt if you need a new cabana boy or something... :)

And on topic: I have to make a decission on one of the offers by Tuesday of next week and even though the current gig has a negative chance of survival, I just don't want to make the leap if there is a slim chance of keeping my current gig, you know. Besides the new gig has a bit of a pay cut and a rool fuckeroo of a commute, an hour and half each way!