Vinnie Vincent Plans To Re-Record 'All Systems Go' Album

edwithmj

Vinnie Vincent Plans To Re-Record 'All Systems Go' Album

July 4, 2011

Vinnie Vincent Plans To Re-Record 'All Systems Go' Album Former KISS guitarist Vinnie Vincent has plans to re-record the 'All Systems Go' album. Originally released in 1988 with Mark Slaughter on vocals, Vincent wants to release the album the way it should have been recorded -- with the Vincent production, inclusive of all guitars, bass and vocals which would bring back the ferocious over the top sound of the first Vinnie Vincent Invasion, with Robert Fleishman on vocals.

After quitting Kiss following the 'Lick It Up', Vinnie Vincent recorded and produced a demo containing the songs "Boyz Are Gonna Rock" "Shoot U Full of Love" and No Substitute." Vincent played guitars and bass on all the tracks and Myron Grumbacker played drums. Vincent heard a demo of Robert Fleishman and knew he found the perfect vocalist for his music. Robert was asked to sing on the three song demo Vinnie had recorded. Fleischman and Vincent's chemistry was unmatched. Chrysalis Records New York heard the demo and called Vincent in L.A. With Vincent's demo blaring in the background, Chrysalis asked Vincent to fly to New York immediately stating they were anxious to sign Vincent as a solo artist.

After months of negotiating, an eight album $4 million deal was born. The common misconception was that a 'band' was signed to the label, however, it was Vincent who was signed exclusively to Chrysalis as a 'solo artist' off the power of his demo. Vincent began recording and the end result was 'Vinnie Vincent Invasion'. A virtual powerhouse of great songs, in your face over the top guitar, great layered intricate harmonies and piercing vocals, 'Vinnie Vincent Invasion' exploded onto rock radio and became the fastest selling debut album in the history of Chrysalis Records. The name Vinnie Vincent Invasion was actually the name of the solo album which Vincent evolved into a band name. However, despite Vincent's enormous efforts to fit Robert into his contract, Chrysalis, failing to know a good thing when they saw it, destroyed the chemistry, letting Fleischman go unrewarded forcing him to resign.

Vincent, disheartened, was forced under duress to tour in support of his explosive 'Vinnie Vincent Invasion' with a replacement singer who Vincent felt was woefully substandard to the quality which Vincent had not only strived for in his music, evidenced by the first Vinnie Vincent Invasion album. Watching the quality of his music sinking, Vincent began losing interest in the teeny bopper image that began replacing his original heavy metal vision. Vincent nonetheless moved ahead in order to try and make it work, despite his loss of heart.

Vincent began writing songs for the "All Systems Go" album the follow up to 'Vinnie Vincent Invasion'. Once the recording sessions were underway, it became painfully evident the production, sound and lead vocals were simply poor, lackluster and pale in comparison to Vinnie's first Vinnie Vincent Invasion. Vincent knew he should have aborted the entire project, which included the 'All Systems Go' recording sessions, fired all the salaried employees, and regrouped with Fleischman, following the same recording paths of his original demos, with Vinnie on guitars and bass, but it was too late. 'All Systems Go' was released to Vinnie's dismay.

With a dramatic change in Chrysalis management, Vincent was saddled with a situation he had no belief in. Vincent made the conscious decision in 1988 to disband the "group" after his disenchantment with 'All Systems Go' and with Chrysalis's new management decision to pander to the "music fad." In late 1988 Vincent, refused to extend Chrysalis the contractual option for a third Vinnie Vincent Invasion record when Chrysalis accidentally breached their option deadline to renew Vincent's contract in late September 1989. Chrysalis's contract with Vincent had a leaving member clause and option on the salaried employees Vincent used as band mates. Left without Vinnie Vincent under contract, and attempting to capitalize on Vinnie Vincent and Vinnie Vincent Invasion, Chrysalis picked up the option on two remaining employees. The rumors that Vincent was kicked out of his own band was baseless internet gossip, rumor and hearsay, having absolutely no basis in fact.

In 1991, British heavy metal magazine "Kerrang" voted the first 'Vinnie Vincent Invasion' album #100 of the 100 best heavy metal albums of ALL TIME. The Vinnie Vincent Invasion is now a Youtube favorite, whose Vinnie Vincent compositons include, "Boyz Are Gonna Rock", Shoot U Full Of Love" "Animal" "Love Kills" "Ashes To Ashes" and many others which are now becoming discovered by a new generation of fans. In 1996 Vincent resurfaced to release a demo EP called 'Eurphoria' reuniting with original Vinnie Vincent Invasion vocalist Robert Fleischman and recorded the unreleased album 'Guitars From Hell'.

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news/00533.shtml

I'd love to hear their second album with the superior Fleischman on vocals.

Is this a re-write of VVI history or am I totally off base here? First off, didn't Vinnie originally want Mark Slaughter on vocals for the debut album after hearing his demo tape but there was no contact info included with the tape so he went with Fleishman instead? And didn't Slaughter and Strum leave VVI due to Vinnie being a dick, thus leading to the formation of Slaughter?

Oh, and leave the damn album alone Vinnie. Why mess with a good thing?

No good can come of this.

I'd support anyone who wants to replace Mark Slaughter's vocals (even leaving them all as instrumentals would be an improvement), but maybe 10 years ago was the right time for this. In 2011 there will be too few people that care...

Is this a re-write of VVI history or am I totally off base here? First off, didn't Vinnie originally want Mark Slaughter on vocals for the debut album after hearing his demo tape but there was no contact info included with the tape so he went with Fleishman instead? And didn't Slaughter and Strum leave VVI due to Vinnie being a dick, thus leading to the formation of Slaughter?

Sounds about right. Vinnie is well known for being a dick. Its what cost him the Kiss job, and he even fucked things up when he worked with them again on the Revenge album.

Probably pisses him off that Mark and Dana went on to have a bigger career than him.

Thats the story I remember as well. If I dug through my numerous stacks of old Metal Edge/Hit Parader/Circus magazines, I'm willing to bet that I can find several stories that stick to that.

Vinnie... you're washed up. Just accept it... :lame:

I'm getting a little tired of bands re-recording an old album. Just write a new album in that style. That's what bands should do anyways, write and play music that got you where you are.

Glad a few doods pointed it out, but that tale sounds like the biggest pile of sob-story horseshit I ever heard... and I don't even know the "real" story. But regardless, that just sounds like garbage. Poor widdle Vinnie. I feel so sorry for him and what happened to his poor widdle band so I'll buy the new CD for sure now!

F*cking tool. Haha, I kid. I don't know or care about the dude, but that whole write-up really would turn me off, even if the album concept (Really? Another re-record??? Please... just stop, people... please) wasn't dreadful.

Not a fan at all on how that article depicts Slaughter... a band who I feel contributed far more worthwhile material to the genre than VVI did... despite me being a fan of both VVI albums.

Going on his recent actions, I am sure this album is being recorded to pay his legal bills.

Not sure how that will work out though as I am sure it will cost more to make than he will make from sales, as I cant see anyone other than his die hard fans and maybe Kiss collectors, actually buying it.

I can honestly say I dont think either VVI albums were works of art, but All systems is certainly the better of the two for me.

Vinnie has always been a tool, and it seems he will never change.

Its a well known fact that Dana Strum is one the biggest POS in the industry,go talk to Sister Whiskey and a host of others he screwed over.

I assume that Kik Tracee would be in that boat.

Either way this is a bad idea and the album should be left as is and VVI should record new material.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Its a well known fact that Dana Strum is one the biggest POS in the industry,go talk to Sister Whiskey and a host of others he screwed over.

Either way this is a bad idea and the album should be left as is and VVI should record new material.

Haha,yeah id imagine so..

Re-recording ASG is a complete joke..it'll never happen.

As far as Robert Fleishman goes,good singer and one heckua nice guy.I messaged him through his youtube account awhile back.If anyone

got screwed in the whole VVI saga,let me tell ya it was that dude.Good guy.

As far as Robert Fleishman goes,good singer and one heckua nice guy.I messaged him through his youtube account awhile back.If anyone

:agree:

Something like this?

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/bands/sisterwhiskey/sisterwhiskey.shtml

I always thought Vinnie wanted Robert on both cd's and did not care for Mark Slaughter. I read that all the way back in 1997 somewhere on the internet...

I always thought Vinnie wanted Robert on both cd's and did not care for Mark Slaughter. I read that all the way back in 1997 somewhere on the internet...

I found this on Wikipedia so who knows exactly how accurate it is...

With this nucleus of the band intact, the search was on for a lead vocalist. Initially, they were very impressed with an audition tape they had received of a male singer, whose vocal style was very reminiscent of Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant. Unfortunately, however, this auditionee had neglected to leave a name or any form of identification on the tape. In the meantime, as the band attempted to track down this "mystery singer," they temporarily hired former Journey singer Robert Fleischman, who had also previously played with Vinnie Vincent in the band Warrior and would later sing on some Vinnie Vincent solo music, to provide vocals on VVI's self-titled debut album. This first record included material primarily in the style very au-courant glam metal bands of the era.

Very shortly thereafter, the identity of the elusive "mystery singer" was revealed to be Mark Slaughter, when he finally successfully contacted the band. At this point, Fleischman promptly exited the band to make way for the new lead singer.

source ~ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinnie_Vincent_Invasion

Guest bigdctherock

He seems like a nice guy. Don't see why Journey's old manager slanders him so much. I read an interview with the guy, I forget his name, and he had nothing nice to say about Robert Fleischman. Called him a prima-dona, arrogant, dick, etc. Said he tried everything he could do to get the band to sway in the direction of Steve Perry just so he could have an excuse to fire Fleischman. So, in turn, he's been screwed over by 2 bands, not just VVI. Regardless, Mark did well with "All System's Go" and it's a great album. Don't touch it!

• 2 weeks later...

I preferred the debut!! it is immense and so OTT!! The follow up was very simular to all the other stuff around at the time!

The first time I heard the debut, I was like ..."whaaaaaaaat"!!! it blew me away!

Nitro tried to copy it, in my opinion, but it was not as fresh and did not contain the quality of songs the debut did.