Diamond Dawn - New melodic rock from Sweden

whiplash1972

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good. Can't wait to hear more.

Similar to H.E.A.T (but with a much more pronounced Scandi accent in the vocals) I'm in!!!

If it's from Sweden and talked about on here, I'm usually very excited, this is no exception.

• 1 year later...

I'd definitely have to echo my above comments about it sounding very typically 80's scandi style. Pretty strong accent, but sounds like it'll be pretty good.

Sounds like 'Scratch and Bite' / 'Pleasure Principle' era Treat before they became truly magnificent.

I'd definitely have to echo my above comments about it sounding very typically 80's scandi style. Pretty strong accent, but sounds like it'll be pretty good.

Sounds like 'Scratch and Bite' / 'Pleasure Principle' era Treat before they became truly magnificent.

Yeah, good song. Not brilliant, especially as there's no guitar solo (just an extra loud bit of the main riff where the solo should be) but I like this more than Treat.

Yeah, good song. Not brilliant, especially as there's no guitar solo (just an extra loud bit of the main riff where the solo should be) but I like this more than Treat.

Wow. :(

That's just ridiculous, mate. ;)

• My Little Pony

Wow. :(

That's just ridiculous, mate. ;)

Yeah, but James is a bit ridiculous, so it's not out of character. He's been very vocal about his disdain towards Treat.

• 1 month later...

The new album 'Overdrive' is released Feb 22.

p17ept7rd1og51kg131bekb3k84.jpg

Tracklisting:

'Into Overdrive'

'Take Me Higher'

'Crying'

'Standing As One'

'California Rush'

'Indestructible'

'Turn It Up'

'The Hunter'

'Give It All'

'Don't Walk Away'

'Powergames'

Me want!

Love James's comment. God he keeps me entertained lol

:doh:

Yeah but come on mate, does this seriously sound better than Treat??! I nearly spat my coffee out when I read that lol !!

;-)

Yeah but come on mate, does this seriously sound better than Treat??! I nearly spat my coffee out when I read that lol !!

;-)

I've listened to Treat again and again. The make a good sound, the production is good, they play well, etc, but I just don't hear good songs. I don't get it, it's a real mystery to me how the band are so revered in these pages, as I think the tunes are so unremarkable. Clearly I'm in a very tiny minority here and I don't hate the band or anything, I just don't think they are any better than thousands of other bands out there.

shrug.gif

I'm happy to accept I'm in the wrong if that helps. ;)

;-)

Duplicate post. AAAARRGHHHH! :doh:

• 4 weeks later...

Love it. Have we spent the earlier half of this thread saying how much these guys sound like early HEAT? 'Cause they do.

That pre-chorus is the most perfect piece of music sex I've heard in an age!