FIREHOUSE, you are better than this

66 mustang

FIREHOUSE COME FULL CIRCLE WITH RE-RECORDINGS:

FireHouse have re-recorded a selection of their hits and fan favourites for a new release called Full Circle. It will be released June 1 and features the following tracks: 1. Overnight Sensation 4:02 2. Shake And Tumble 3:44 3. Hold the Dream 5:04 4. All She Wrote 4:29 5. Love of A Lifetime 4:57 6. Don't Treat Me Bad 4:00 7. Reach For the Sky 4:49 8. When I Look Into Your Eyes 4:10 9. You Are My Religion 4:36 10. I Live My Life For You 4:31 11. Christmas With You.

too bad, seems to be a pretty useless re-recorded compilation, unless at least there are 4 new tracks/rarities :popcorn:

or agree with you, 2 discs set just like Journey did with Revelation, that'll be cool :christmas:

Hopefully it's better than that steamy pile of crap of re-recorded songs Lenny Wolf did on the Kingdom Come - Rendered Waters album. :eek:

Guess I'm the only one who likes this idea. Loved it when Testament & Dokken did it recently.

Agree with MAtt to a degree and I REALLY enjoyed the Whitecross re-vamping of their s/t caliing 1987. That was killer release! Of course they still had the skills to do their songs as well...

The Upper Crust did it and it was worthy. Warrior Soul tried it with the release of Classic too, it was listenable, but the originals are far superior.

But these revamped releases sure would be MUCH BETTER if some b-sides or demo's, hell even some live crap, something, accompanied these RE-releases.

Agree with MAtt to a degree and I REALLY enjoyed the Whitecross re-vamping of their s/t caliing 1987. That was killer release! Of course they still had the skills to do their songs as well...

:agree: Forgot about Whitecross...that was really good, too.

But these revamped releases sure would be MUCH BETTER if some b-sides or demo's, hell even some live crap, something, accompanied these RE-releases.

Yeah, that would be killer if a live disc from back in the day accompanied the releases. Surely Firehouse has the tapes from that pay-per-view special when the played with Warrant & Trixter back in '91 (I think). I've got a dvd of that show & Firehouse was great!

F*cking c*nts.

Fans have been waiting almost a decade for new music from this band and this is what they throw at us? Arguably the worst re-recording idea I've heard to date (not that it is EVER a good option) because the original versions of these songs already sound so freakin' good - production-wise and all.

I would bet my house on the fact that these new versions are going to pale in comparison to the originals so far that it's just going to be such an embarrassing waste of time. Man, I'm so disappointed... :(

Samples are available on Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/Full-Circle/dp/B004ZQF5WI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1305070643&sr=1-1-catcorr

From what I've heard they sound pretty damn cool. A little grittier, but a lot more "umph". I'll be picking up a copy as long as there is a physical release & not just mp3.

Shit idea. Plus where is "Sleeping With You" off "Hold Your Fire"? When Testament did this it made sense as their original discs were really poorly produced so to take advantage of modern production techniques meant they were only going to sound better. Not sure Firehouse can beat the sound they had on their first 2 discs....

With the resurgence of many 80's bands through Frontiers or other smaller labels, I'm suprised Firehouse couldn't have found it more viable to release new material, instead of re-recording the same stuff. Either this is simply stating the band has no more writing left in them or that this one is a teaser for something better to come...let's hope it's the latter.

I don't think anybody should panic. A lot of bands do an album like this as an appetizer for a new album. Not sure if they are doing this or not but we'll see. In the mean time, I'm just happy they are putting SOMETHING out. When was Prime Time, like 2004?

Once again, it pisses me off when people start criticising bands for wanting to make some money off of their back catalogue, seeing as their old label still has the back catalogue available and chucks out compilations when they feel like it. Why should the big labels be making money off a bands back catalogue when the band themselves cant?

Good on Firehouse I say, and good on anyone who does it.

On top of them wanting to make some money off the songs they wrote and performed, how is it any different to buying a best of?

Once again, it pisses me off when people start criticising bands for wanting to make some money off of their back catalogue, seeing as their old label still has the back catalogue available and chucks out compilations when they feel like it. Why should the big labels be making money off a bands back catalogue when the band themselves cant?

Good on Firehouse I say, and good on anyone who does it.

On top of them wanting to make some money off the songs they wrote and performed, how is it any different to buying a best of?

I agree and like I said earlier, I am just glad they are doing SOMETHING!

Plus where is "Sleeping With You" off "Hold Your Fire"?

My absolute favorite Firehouse track! :party421: That was the one song I was looking for when going through the tracklist.

So if someone can clarify this for me, I have a dumb question. If the label is still releasing Firehouse albums, wouldn't the band still be getting $$$ from the label for those sales, just like they were back in the day? Why would they get money re-doing old songs and selling those cd's but not from the sale of the original albums?

The record label has ownership of the actual recordings, thus depending on the contract signed, the bulk of the money would go to the record label. With debut albums, often the deal would include little or no money to the artist as the label would have paid an advance that then needed paying back. Many times I have heard artists say that they made no money off the first album at all, and didnt start actually making money from record sales til the 2nd or 3rd album due to the amount owed to the label.

They would still get royalties if they wrote the song, but they are unable to do anything with the recordings without the record labels permission.

If a record label like Sony releases a compilation or an expanded version of a previously released album, for example, the artist would either make no money from this or very little depending on the original contract details.

If an artist re-records their old songs, they will then own those recordings 100% (or at least in some sort of partnership with a small/smaller label) and make a much larger profit as this album would probably sell around the same as any compilations from the bigger labels.

The record label has ownership of the actual recordings, thus depending on the contract signed, the bulk of the money would go to the record label. With debut albums, often the deal would include little or no money to the artist as the label would have paid an advance that then needed paying back. Many times I have heard artists say that they made no money off the first album at all, and didnt start actually making money from record sales til the 2nd or 3rd album due to the amount owed to the label.

They would still get royalties if they wrote the song, but they are unable to do anything with the recordings without the record labels permission.

If a record label like Sony releases a compilation or an expanded version of a previously released album, for example, the artist would either make no money from this or very little depending on the original contract details.

If an artist re-records their old songs, they will then own those recordings 100% (or at least in some sort of partnership with a small/smaller label) and make a much larger profit as this album would probably sell around the same as any compilations from the bigger labels.

Exactly. And if you've seen FireHouse any time in the last 10 years, they never have the old albums/songs available at the merch table...just a new album and t-shirts...this way, you can buy a recording of the songs you actually heard at the show. I heard the re-recording samples on Amazon and I think they sound good.

Exactly. And if you've seen FireHouse any time in the last 10 years, they never have the old albums/songs available at the merch table...just a new album and t-shirts...this way, you can buy a recording of the songs you actually heard at the show. I heard the re-recording samples on Amazon and I think they sound good.

like I said in my first post, I can respect and understand if they are doing this for control of these songs . I still would love to have seen something extra with it. surley they have some demo's sitting around not doing anything. throw them on a 2nd cd and make it a set.

The question I'd put forth is - are they going to make more money out of releasing a CD of re-recorded old songs, or would they make more money (and buzz) out of a CD with new songs?

I can't say for sure, but my money would solidly be on the 2nd option.

The truth is, any person that knows of, or is still a fan of Firehouse has those songs already. I'd consider myself a pretty massive fan of this band and I would not even entertain the possibility of buying this new CD... and I know I will not be alone. Whereas, if they released a new CD I would buy it blindly... regardless of the fact it might be another '02'-type disaster. And I'm pretty sure any Firehouse fan still breathing would also buy a CD of new material over a CD of re-recorded material.

Sorry dudes. Trying to see the upside to this (for the band) but if they're still getting the royalties from songs they wrote and if the only new income generated out of re-recording the new songs is the new album sales, I truly believe they'd generate more album sales with an album of new material.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Like most I'd rather have a new album instead of re-recordings especially since they've said since like 2005-2006 they've been working on new songs so I'm not sure what the hold up is. I think Leverty has released at least two solo albums since Prime Time so not sure why the band can't get it together with a new album. I'm sure Frontiers would be interested in new music from Firehouse.