Bands that you.. "JUST DON'T GET"

LV KIX

I don't think this has been done before... of course I could be wrong.

* Hopefully this isn't another on of those lame thread I have a tendency to start.. :lol:

Are there bands that seem to have legions of fans or a cult like following that you just don't understand? There are a few that baffle me as to why they are popular within "our" genre.

I'll list mine one at a time... But here is the first on:

MARILLION.... What's all the hype about..?

List some of yours or just discuss those already listed.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't "get" Dream Theater. On paper, they sound like something that should be right up my alley, but I've given them more than enough chances and they've bored the tits off of me every time. When Mike Portnoy left that band over the summer, the outcry from their fanbase was ridiculous. It's like "Dude, he left the band. He didn't die. Get a freakin grip."

I don't think I ever really "got" King's X either. Again, I have given them lots of "tries" and in the end they have two albums I really and truly dig (FAITH HOPE LOVE and DOGMAN)... but the rest of what I've heard has been one or two good songs per album and then a whole lotta "meh."

Yet both bands have rabid fanbases prone to collective aural orgasms every time they release a new record. I don't get it. (shrug)

* Hopefully this isn't another on of those lame thread I have a tendency to start.. :lol:

Are there bands that seem to have legions of fans or a cult like following that you just don't understand? There are a few that baffle me as to why they are popular within "our" genre.

Wow I love the Fish era Marillion, each to their own eh? :)

Wow I love the Fish era Marillion, each to their own eh? :)

Yea... I know...tons of people like (even love) Marillion. I just don't get it.

My roommate in college loved them... I couldn't stand them then, and I can't stand them ummm 25ish years later. I actually traded for "Mispent Whatever The Hell" not too long ago. I though maybe I could appreciate them now..but NO WAY. I still don't get it.

As you say... "to each his own".

I don't think I ever really "got" King's X either. Again, I have given them lots of "tries" and in the end they have two albums I really and truly dig (FAITH HOPE LOVE and DOGMAN)... but the rest of what I've heard has been one or two good songs per album and then a whole lotta "meh."

Yet both bands have rabid fanbases prone to collective aural orgasms every time they release a new record. I don't get it. (shrug)

I'm with you on Kings X. I've even seen them live and couldn't stand them. If memory serves me... I believe that Terry is a huge Kings X fan. I think he may have even said that they were on of his favorite live bands. They are just really bland and boring to me...both on CD and live.

I agree with Marilyn Manson and REM. Aside from them, the obvious one for me is Nirvana. I've never heard 'Bleach', but I hate 'Nevermind' with a passion.

As for bands more in keeping with this site, this will probably make me a HH pariah, but my offerings:

The Poodles

Pink Cream 69

FM

I agree with Marilyn Manson and REM. Aside from them, the obvious one for me is Nirvana. I've never heard 'Bleach', but I hate 'Nevermind' with a passion.

As for bands more in keeping with this site, this will probably make me a HH pariah, but my offerings:

The Poodles

Pink Cream 69

FM

:baneed:

The Poodles

Pink Cream 69

FM

BACKED !! What a DISGRACE !!! :hammer::hammer:

The Poodles

Pink Cream 69

FM

Another freak.

The Poodles

Pink Cream 69

FM

I gotta say though... is it just me or PC 69's stuff with Dave Readman isn't anywhere as cool as the albums done with the previous singer.

The Poodles

Pink Cream 69

FM

I gotta say though... is it just me or PC 69's stuff with Dave Readman isn't anywhere as cool as the albums done with the previous singer.

its you.

The Poodles

Pink Cream 69

FM

its you.

Yes, sorry, Andre, but it's you !

Jeff Scott Soto, everything I've heard from him is soooo average except "Eyes-S/T".........

Oh! That's controversial and will get tongues a wagging :lol:

Jeff Scott Soto, everything I've heard from him is soooo average except "Eyes-S/T".........

OOPS !!! :yikes:

KISS

You, sir, are dead to me now.

• My Little Pony

Oh! That's controversial and will get tongues a wagging :lol:

Remember when W.E.T. first dropped, I was saying the same thing about him. It was like the heavens opened and fire decended upon the earth. But, then the new TSO album came by, and I really loved his performances on it. Now W.E.T. is a regular on my iPod.