Bands that you.. "JUST DON'T GET"

LV KIX

Yes TNT sucks a big horse cock.

Some other sucky bands...

MOTORHEAD

PANTERA

AIRBORNE

CINDERELLA

I disagree with all of those but that's just my opinion.

I've always loved Cinderella and Pantera. Not the biggest Motorhead fan but can't say they suck either.

I really dig Airbourne quite a bit but then again I'm a big AC/DC fan.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MOTORHEAD

PANTERA

AIRBORNE

CINDERELLA

I've always loved Cinderella and Pantera. Not the biggest Motorhead fan but can't say they suck either.

You said it Airbourne are AC/DC clones(and not very good ones at that), Cinerella maybe only has two or three decent songs on their CD's so that leaves seven or so fillers. Motorhead eh, I don't think they suck I just never got into them. Pantera probably the most over rated band along with Selloutica.

MOTORHEAD

PANTERA

AIRBORNE

CINDERELLA

You said it Airbourne are AC/DC clones(and not very good ones at that), Cinerella maybe only has two or three decent songs on their CD's so that leaves seven or so fillers. Motorhead eh, I don't think they suck I just never got into them. Pantera probably the most over rated band along with Selloutica.

To my ears Airbourne are doing it better than AC/DC have done it for years plus there's also a big dose of Rose Tattoo thrown into their sound as well.

I'm one of the few people around here that loves 90's era Pantera and that's okay and don't see them as overrated at all just a band that put in a long time of work through the 80's and grew up from a C level glam metal band into one of the most popular US metal bands of all time. Plus I've seen them live and they were incredible.

Cinderella were so talented and not just another glam band to me and had so many great songs plus again they were a great live band as well. Tom Keifer had more talent than most of the frontmen from other big groups of that era.

Scorpions

I can't stand Klaus Meine's German accent. Being a German I feel embarrassed when I hear it. It reminds me of a bad war movie. The only CD I ever liked was Humanity Hour 1. I have only heard a 1 or 2 tracks of the latest disc, but was put off for the same reason.

ROBBY VALENTINE

:yikes:

You don't like 'Sir' Robby?

Cinderella were so talented and not just another glam band to me and had so many great songs plus again they were a great live band as well. Tom Keifer had more talent than most of the frontmen from other big groups of that era.

:agree:

Although I would never have classed Cinderella as a glam band, 'Long Cold Winter' is an incredible album.

ROBBY VALENTINE

Loved Zinatra, I couldn't stand his solo debut.

What about his other 7+ albums?

Although I would never have classed Cinderella as a glam band, 'Long Cold Winter' is an incredible album.

I wouldn't categorize them as that either but the media lumped them in with Poison and Motley Crue for some reason.

ROBBY VALENTINE

It's all good....Robby fans unite for a group hug at 13:00 Sydney time :)

• My Little Pony

I'm really growing to appreciate Cinderella, and their bluesy southern hard rock sound. I don't know why I ignored them for so long.

• 4 weeks later...

AIRBORNE

Nice. I thought I was the only one.

Airborne are just .... wrong, fuck me it's like a DC tribute band.

My pet hates are all these metal bands with gothy girl lead singers in them, that inevitably have weak puny voices like some 6th form girl singing on a fucking karaoke machine at a party.

Bands like Evanescence...if I ever have to hear Bring Me to Life again I'll smash up something within reach.

ROBBY VALENTINE

And a discreet fondle?

ROBBY VALENTINE

And a discreet fondle?

I could use a hug right now. I'm freezing my ass off here...

• 1 month later...

Maybe it's me, but I don't get all the love for the band CLUTCH neither.

They seem like a strictly average 70s style rock/metal band to me, but whenever they release a new disc, rock critics and their fanbase alike launch a tidal wave of jizz in their direction. I don't get it. Maybe I just haven't heard the right album(s) from them.

- Did I mention the SCORPIONS already ?? .... yes, I did !

- Kiss - some dressed up clowns singing "I was made for lovin' you, baby ... !" (sorry, Keef, no personal offence !)

- AC/DC - some good songs, but over-rated. Bon Scott's death helped paving their path to stardom.

- and quite a few more ....

Well I might as well paddle out my canoe -

Ratt

Def Leppard

Stryper

:whistle:

I'm guessing you are going to take some heat for that... :yikes:

My comments about Vinnie Vincent Invasion in various threads around here lately have probably made it abundantly clear that I don't "get" the love for them either. Simply awful stuff.

My comments about Vinnie Vincent Invasion in various threads around here lately have probably made it abundantly clear that I don't "get" the love for them either. Simply awful stuff.

Hmmm, methinks he dost protest too much...I suspect there is an unrequited love affair going on here... :lol:

Hmmm, methinks he dost protest too much...I suspect there is an unrequited love affair going on here... :lol:

I love Vinnie's work in KISS - does that count? :blink:

MEGADETH

I did like "Countdown to Extinction" and can see why people like "Rust In Peace" (though the endless solo'ing bores the shit out of me), but I generally just never got why they were in the same league as the others in the Big 4. Testament or Overkill or Sepultura should've replaced them in that group IMO. I think it's Mustaine's whiny voice that put me off, and the fact they're horribly dull live.

MEGADETH

I did like "Countdown to Extinction" and can see why people like "Rust In Peace" (though the endless solo'ing bores the shit out of me), but I generally just never got why they were in the same league as the others in the Big 4. Testament or Overkill or Sepultura should've replaced them in that group IMO. I think it's Mustaine's whiny voice that put me off, and the fact they're horribly dull live.

Ouch! For me, they are a million times better than Metallica, so if anyone in the big four was to be replaced...