Bands that you.. "JUST DON'T GET"

LV KIX

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well here I go........ (and these are not secret, nor have I been in an agonizing silence over them)

AC\DC, AEROSMITH AND METALLICA!! I wont even waste my finger muscle energy on the disgusting talentless top 40 sellout bitches, who's only contribution to music would be an actual live video where someone would kidnap them and "KILL THEM ALL"! but Aerosmith and AC\DC, Joe perry is about the most mediocre guitarist Ive ever heard be hailed as a "god" Ive never heard one riff that he's played that's made me even think "oh now that's fucking average at best" and I don't hate their music, they are just average and Ive never understood the "legends" moniker? I mean even CC Deville at least comes up with a catchy riff once in awhile, and AC\DC have some alright songs here and their, but in general they play the same few songs a hundred times through dozens of albums, and merely change the lyrics for the songs, or that's what my ears hear! go ahead boys, slam away!! im waiting.

Well here I go........ (and these are not secret, nor have I been in an agonizing silence over them)

AC\DC, AEROSMITH AND METALLICA!! I wont even waste my finger muscle energy on the disgusting talentless top 40 sellout bitches, who's only contribution to music would be an actual live video where someone would kidnap them and "KILL THEM ALL"! but Aerosmith and AC\DC, Joe perry is about the most mediocre guitarist Ive ever heard be hailed as a "god" Ive never heard one riff that he's played that's made me even think "oh now that's fucking average at best" and I don't hate their music, they are just average and Ive never understood the "legends" moniker? I mean even CC Deville at least comes up with a catchy riff once in awhile, and AC\DC have some alright songs here and their, but in general they play the same few songs a hundred times through dozens of albums, and merely change the lyrics for the songs, or that's what my ears hear! go ahead boys, slam away!! im waiting.

All 3 of those bands are way past their due date......they put out some excellent music years ago but haven't done anything worth hearing for years....

MARILLION.... What's all the hype about..?

I had a roommate in college who was totally over the moon for this band, I never understood what all the whoop-de-doo was either. Granted, it wasn't exactly "my" genre and I'll admit that they're very good at what they do, but I found them to be rather sleep inducing. My roomie, however, was absolutely fanboyus-extremus (I coined that term, I own the copyright on it, don't steal it) for the band, to the point where he probably would've taken a bullet for them. Too "Lite N Fluffy" for me I guess. I actually have a vinyl copy of their MISPLACED CHILDHOOD album (supposedly their "best" record) but I couldn't tell you the last time it was anywhere near my stereo.

One thing I do like about 'em, I will say they have absolutely gorgeous artwork on some of those old records.

Red Hot Chili Peppers & Nirvana, average bands extremely overrated

:agree:

I like a few tracks off 'Mother's Milk', but hate pretty much everything the chilis have done since. 'Zephyr Song' would be in my most hated 5 songs of all time.

• My Little Pony

KISS

You, sir, are dead to me now.

You will come crawling back for some lovin

There's nothing wrong with a little necrophilia...

I agree with Marilyn Manson and REM. Aside from them, the obvious one for me is Nirvana. I've never heard 'Bleach', but I hate 'Nevermind' with a passion.

As for bands more in keeping with this site, this will probably make me a HH pariah, but my offerings:

The Poodles

Pink Cream 69

FM

Thread got ruined here. Up to this point and beyond I agree with every single artist mentioned, except Jeff Scott Soto. No doubt there is a degree of overkill with him and projects like Humanimal and a lot of later Talisman albums, Human Clay etc... there is a lot of average stuff in his catalogue, but then there's the 2 Eyes albums, debut Talisman, Takara, WET, his 2 most recent solo albums... there is no doubt he is on some killer discs, imo.

As for the Poodles I do agree to a degree that they're over-rated, but they're still pretty damn good and don't belong in this thread, imo.

PC69 are just awesome and in no way deserve a place in this thread - Deris or Readman era.

Yeah, so FM have sucked for the majority of their career, but 'Tough it out' and 'Indescreet' and simply brilliant, and 'Aphrodesiac' is awesome too. Throw in 'Metropolis' which is also pretty impressive and they've done more than enough to deserve a fair amount of respect. Any band with an album as good as 'Tough it out' deserves to be eternally worshipped.

I agree with Marilyn Manson and REM. Aside from them, the obvious one for me is Nirvana. I've never heard 'Bleach', but I hate 'Nevermind' with a passion.

As for bands more in keeping with this site, this will probably make me a HH pariah, but my offerings:

The Poodles

Pink Cream 69

FM

Thread got ruined here. Up to this point and beyond I agree with every single artist mentioned, except Jeff Scott Soto. No doubt there is a degree of overkill with him and projects like Humanimal and a lot of later Talisman albums, Human Clay etc... there is a lot of average stuff in his catalogue, but then there's the 2 Eyes albums, debut Talisman, Takara, WET, his 2 most recent solo albums... there is no doubt he is on some killer discs, imo.

As for the Poodles I do agree to a degree that they're over-rated, but they're still pretty damn good and don't belong in this thread, imo.

PC69 are just awesome and in no way deserve a place in this thread - Deris or Readman era.

Yeah, so FM have sucked for the majority of their career, but 'Tough it out' and 'Indescreet' and simply brilliant, and 'Aphrodesiac' is awesome too. Throw in 'Metropolis' which is also pretty impressive and they've done more than enough to deserve a fair amount of respect. Any band with an album as good as 'Tough it out' deserves to be eternally worshipped.

The Poodles are pretty good IMO, yes their cheesy as hell but still fun melodic hard rock.

PC69 = One of the best bands of the HH genre. That includes both lineups although I prefer the Deris years but the Readman albums are awesome as well. Great great great band. :bowdown:

• My Little Pony

The Poodles

The Poodles are pretty good IMO, yes their cheesy as hell but still fun melodic hard rock. :bowdown:

Easily one of my favourite bands. Clash of the Elements was the best disc of last year--and possibly this year!! No Quarter is s'posedly in the mail, and I can't wait for their next release in the coming year.

The Poodles

The Poodles are pretty good IMO, yes their cheesy as hell but still fun melodic hard rock. :bowdown:

Easily one of my favourite bands. Clash of the Elements was the best disc of last year--and possibly this year!! No Quarter is s'posedly in the mail, and I can't wait for their next release in the coming year.

Awesome band. I want their baby. But even i couldnt be assed for a live album.

Isn't the thread just about opinions? So any band belongs in the thread if someone "doesn't get" them. I can't stand The Poodles or FM, although I accept I'm in a minority of around 1. The songs do nothing for me at all, but others love them, hence I don't "get" the bands. I'm not bothered either way about PC69, I find them really average, but I can see that they are extremely popular here. th_shrug-1.gif

TNT.....I've picked up all their stuff and I'm disappointed to say the least, after all the good things I've read here and elsewhere I was prepared to be blown away by this band but I'd be hard pressed to find 10 songs from their entire catalog that I'd want to hear repeatedly.....I could say the same thing about Victory....

TNT.....I've picked up all their stuff and I'm disappointed to say the least, after all the good things I've read here and elsewhere I was prepared to be blown away by this band but I'd be hard pressed to find 10 songs from their entire catalog that I'd want to hear repeatedly.....I could say the same thing about Victory....

Satan emerges. ;)

Satan emerges. ;)

:rofl2:

Satan emerges. ;)

Amazing how different our tastes can be.

I can find at least 10 good songs on EVERY Harnell fronted TNT release.

TNT? Uh, yeah. Pass.

Satan emerges. ;)

I'd consider myself as big a TNT fan as there is, but even I could see where someone could suggest there are a couple of fillers on most of their discs. The thing with TNT, though, is that their killer tracks pretty much define what a killer track should be. What I mean is that they literally have perfect songs in their catalogue, and a lot of them. As you say, with Harnell they were just a beautiful band. IMO of course. :)

Another one I never "got":

THE GRATEFUL DEAD.

OK, so they're not our "genre" so maybe I'm not supposed to "get" them, but still, their enduring popularity has mystified me for years...can someone tell me what was so stinkin' special about that band? What made them stand out above the zillions of other psychedelic jam bands that came out of that same era? Why were they still packing football stadiums well into the early 90s, while the majority of their groovy hippie brethren were either dead or doing the County Fair reunion/nostalgia circuit?

I dunno, I never "got" what all the whoop-de-doo was about.

Maybe I just never did the right drugs...or didn't do them in the proper amounts. (Shrug)

• My Little Pony

Maybe I just never did the right drugs...or didn't do them in the proper amounts. (Shrug)

Yeah, there is a bit of learning curve. Some get it quicker than others. Some never do.

Another one I never "got":

THE GRATEFUL DEAD.

OK, so they're not our "genre" so maybe I'm not supposed to "get" them, but still, their enduring popularity has mystified me for years...can someone tell me what was so stinkin' special about that band? What made them stand out above the zillions of other psychedelic jam bands that came out of that same era? Why were they still packing football stadiums well into the early 90s, while the majority of their groovy hippie brethren were either dead or doing the County Fair reunion/nostalgia circuit?

I dunno, I never "got" what all the whoop-de-doo was about.

Got to agree ....made the mistake of picking up one of their releases on vinyl back when I was a teenager thinking what a cool name, they've got to be heavy.... :yikes: ....thankfully the store took it back....which is a good thing because it would have got shoved up someone's ass if they hadn't taken it...

Satan emerges. ;)

I'd consider myself as big a TNT fan as there is, but even I could see where someone could suggest there are a couple of fillers on most of their discs. The thing with TNT, though, is that their killer tracks pretty much define what a killer track should be. What I mean is that they literally have perfect songs in their catalogue, and a lot of them. As you say, with Harnell they were just a beautiful band. IMO of course. :)

I agree with that. Hell I even liked the 'Firefly' disc.

Of course I almost even like the Westworld discs as much as TNT.