Bands that you.. "JUST DON'T GET"

LV KIX

MEGADETH

I did like "Countdown to Extinction" and can see why people like "Rust In Peace" (though the endless solo'ing bores the shit out of me), but I generally just never got why they were in the same league as the others in the Big 4. Testament or Overkill or Sepultura should've replaced them in that group IMO. I think it's Mustaine's whiny voice that put me off, and the fact they're horribly dull live.

Ouch! For me, they are a million times better than Metallica, so if anyone in the big four was to be replaced...

I consider Metallica & Megadeth to be pretty much equal....

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My comments about Vinnie Vincent Invasion in various threads around here lately have probably made it abundantly clear that I don't "get" the love for them either. Simply awful stuff.

:agree:

I've never "gotten" Enuff Z'Nuff...From the first time I heard them I thought they were horrible & still do to this day...I've even had the displeasure of seeing them live on a package tour w/Bulletboys (Bang Tango & Pretty Boy Floyd both cancelled..I was pissed). I even said to myself "maybe they'll be good live & I might enjoy them"...well they weren't but they did sell alot of shirts which I couldn't figure out :screwy: By the way I don't get the whole Grateful Dead thing either... :crazy:

MEGADETH

I did like "Countdown to Extinction" and can see why people like "Rust In Peace" (though the endless solo'ing bores the shit out of me), but I generally just never got why they were in the same league as the others in the Big 4. Testament or Overkill or Sepultura should've replaced them in that group IMO. I think it's Mustaine's whiny voice that put me off, and the fact they're horribly dull live.

Those Marty Friedman solos are among the best ones that human being ever recorded imo.

Some other sucky bands...

AIRBORNE

Nice. I thought I was the only one.

I know I'm a bit late on this...but:

I think I mentioned that I thought AIRBOURNE was the most overrated release of 2007. Followed close behind by another band that "I just don't get"....ENDEVERAFTER.

I've never "gotten" Enuff Z'Nuff...From the first time I heard them I thought they were horrible & still do to this day...I've even had the displeasure of seeing them live on a package tour w/Bulletboys (Bang Tango & Pretty Boy Floyd both cancelled..I was pissed). I even said to myself "maybe they'll be good live & I might enjoy them"...well they weren't but they did sell alot of shirts which I couldn't figure out :screwy: By the way I don't get the whole Grateful Dead thing either... :crazy:

They're average at best....

Yes TNT sucks a big horse cock.

Some other sucky bands...

ROBBY VALENTINE

:yikes:

You don't like 'Sir' Robby?

Loved Zinatra, I couldn't stand his solo debut.

What about his other 7+ albums?

It's all good....Robby fans unite for a group hug at 13:00 Sydney time :)

And a discreet fondle?

From what I've read his first one was suppose to be his best.

Well I might as well paddle out my canoe -

Ratt

Def Leppard

Stryper

:whistle:

I'm guessing you are going to take some heat for that... :yikes:

Come on now not liking RATT...that's like saying you don't like pizza, pussy, and Santa. Well to each his own I guess.

Well I might as well paddle out my canoe -

Ratt

Def Leppard

Stryper

:whistle:

I'm guessing you are going to take some heat for that... :yikes:

Come on now not liking RATT...that's like saying you don't like pizza, pussy, and Santa. Well to each his own I guess.

Yea it's hard to not like RATT but there are some that don't like Iron Maiden and that's something I don't understand. Also surprised someone doesn't at least like one era of Def Leppard either the more metal era or the pop era. Also really like the heavier side of Stryper so hard to not like them IMO. But I guess it comes down to different strokes for different folks.

Enuff Z' Nuff - if they'd just released their first 3 albums, split and never been heard from again I think there would be few ill words for them. However, everything they have done since the 3rd album has been a bit if a shambles. I personally like a few of the albums and if not full albums, there's at least a few cool songs here and there. But there's just too much stuff at a pretty average level. I do like those first 3 discs, though... even if 'Strength' is really extremely patchy, in all honesty.

Stryper - I like them enough, mostly thanks to 'Against the Law' but they were soooo tacky and cheesy and their lyrics so consistently dreadful (and christian). I can totally understand someone not "getting them," but I kind of dig them. Musically I always loved their style.

Ratt - too consistent and too iconic for 80's hard rock to dislike... surely. ;) To be honest, I don't really understand how an 80's hard rock fan could not not "get" them. :)

Def Leppard - yeah, kinda agree with Wes. Even if you don't love everything, surely there's got to be something somewhere in that discography for everyone?

Enuff Z' Nuff - if they'd just released their first 3 albums, split and never been heard from again I think there would be few ill words for them. However, everything they have done since the 3rd album has been a bit if a shambles. I personally like a few of the albums and if not full albums, there's at least a few cool songs here and there. But there's just too much stuff at a pretty average level. I do like those first 3 discs, though... even if 'Strength' is really extremely patchy, in all honesty.

Stryper - I like them enough, mostly thanks to 'Against the Law' but they were soooo tacky and cheesy and their lyrics so consistently dreadful (and christian). I can totally understand someone not "getting them," but I kind of dig them. Musically I always loved their style.

Ratt - too consistent and too iconic for 80's hard rock to dislike... surely. ;) To be honest, I don't really understand how an 80's hard rock fan could not not "get" them. :)

Def Leppard - yeah, kinda agree with Wes. Even if you don't love everything, surely there's got to be something somewhere in that discography for everyone?

I agree with your Enuff Z Nuff comments. Those first three are essential IMO. However the rest of them have some good tunes but not much else. It does make you wonder how well the genre would think of them if they would of just broke up after the 'Animals with Human Intelligence' release.

Enuff Z'Nuff never did a damn thing for me either. That damn "Fly High Michelle" song annoyed the piss outta me back in the day.

Enuff Z'Nuff never did a damn thing for me either. That damn "Fly High Michelle" song annoyed the piss outta me back in the day.

Sorry Keef but you're :baneed::lol:

I've been trashing a lot of people's sacred cows around here this week. Must be that time of the month or somethin'... :yikes:

Or...maybe Vinnie Vincent and Enuff Z'nuff simply blow goat sac. :lol:

Ratt & Daft Leotard just bore the living crap out of me! Overated in my opinion & there's two things I hate about Stryper, his bloody voice for one, and secondly I don't much care for the whole religious thing.

At the end of the day I listen to music I like, not because 'everyone else' likes it.

Ratt & Daft Leotard just bore the living crap out of me! Overated in my opinion & there's two things I hate about Stryper, his bloody voice for one, and secondly I don't much care for the whole religious thing.

At the end of the day I listen to music I like, not because 'everyone else' likes it.

I'll have to overlook the Ratt reference, as I think they rock enormously, but 100% agree on Stryper. Not so much the vocals, just the actual songs, they do nothing for me at all. And don't get me started on religion..... :o

even if 'Strength' is really extremely patchy, in all honesty.

Surely you jest?

That album is their only perfect album from start to finish (with Animals a close second).

Really? I thought the debut and even 'Animals' were both very consistent. But 'Strength' was always patchy to me. In it's defence it has 3 of the best songs they ever recorded - 'In crowd', 'The world is a gutter' and 'Baby loves you,' but I didn't overly dig much of the rest. In all honesty, it's been that many years since I spun that full CD I would love to do it now and see how I feel about it. I will do it!

Emergency-Martial Law.....I've heard a lot of positive comments about this one release band but I just don't get it....average is the best thing I can say about them and I'm being kind when I say it.....

Agreed. That one kind of sucks. The band who released 'Boys will be boys' destroy them 89,000 times over.

Haha, nice to see Stryper copping a bit. As I said, I agree with every reason they are hated, but for some reason they just won over me with their extreme cheesiness and musicianship, even if there are plenty of songs in their discography that I outright despise. :lol:

Backed on all the Enuff z Nuff comments...the first 3 albums are defo the best.

& I too love 'In Crowd' and 'The World Is A Gutter'.....2 fab songs.

But their best songs are from the debut - 'Hot Little Summer Girl' and 'I Could Never Be Without You' are just perfect IMO

:-))

Backed on all the Enuff z Nuff comments...the first 3 albums are defo the best.

& I too love 'In Crowd' and 'The World Is A Gutter'.....2 fab songs.

But their best songs are from the debut - 'Hot Little Summer Girl' and 'I Could Never Be Without You' are just perfect IMO

:-))

'For now' is great too. Love that tune. I tried to get 'I could never be without you' on my wedding video, but it didn't make it. I'd bet it was those creepy but cool early vocals that made my wife give it the chop. :lol:

Some great tracks from those first 3 albums, but there is one everyone must check out from the later albums. I forget which CD it's from, but the song is called 'I'll be the 1 2 luv u' or something like that. Killer track. Hold on a sec... Yep, 'I'll B The 1 2 Luv U' off '1985.' Check it out, killer song, matches it with anything off the first three.