Bad Company - dangerous age

66 mustang

I've had this cd for years. seems whenever i've listened to it in the past is has been kind of background noise. today I took a really good listen to it and wow, what a good album. not quite as good as Holy Water but pretty close. if you don't have this one i'd say if you find it get it, is is worth the price.

Yeah I love this album! I agree, although very similar to Holy Water it's not quite as good. Still some excellent tracks on an underrated album.

All 4 of the Howe era discs are excellent. I love 'Fame And Fortune' the most, but no denying they all have excellent songs on them.

If you listen to the Rogers era and Howe/Hart era's in a completely different mindset and treat them as seperate bands, which stylewise, they are really, then the quality of these 4 discs really shine imo.

Dangerous Age was probably the first release I heard of Bad Company. That album really got me into the group. Later on I discovered Rodgers´ version of the band and I must point out that I like them both. Maybe Howe's lineup takes the upper hand. By a small margin. Not sure about the Hart era though.

As a matter of fact, a couple of days ago I thought about making a poll about just this. Rodgers versus Howe. Then this thread surfaced...

All 4 of the Howe era discs are excellent. I love 'Fame And Fortune' the most, but no denying they all have excellent songs on them.

If you listen to the Rogers era and Howe/Hart era's in a completely different mindset and treat them as seperate bands, which stylewise, they are really, then the quality of these 4 discs really shine imo.

yeah, i like them both too but since Mick Jones produced the Fame & Fortune it had a kinda Foreigner sound to it.

• 6 months later...

I agree about treating them like 2 different bands, just like I do with Van Halen. Love them both, but they really are like 2 different bands.

• 6 years later...

Got this and Holy Water in the summer of 2015 and played the shxt out of them. Depends on my mood sometimes the songs on those albums seem kind of ''basic'' or ''boring'' but when played at the right moment...... just perfect. Love the smooth vocals and big production

I owned the 'Dangerous Age' and 'Here Comes Trouble' albums for years. I remember liking both, considering them both good albums... but they just didn't hold my attention in the long run and I sold them at one point.

I'd actually like to hear these again, maybe bring back some memories. I wonder why I never tried 'Holy Water' back in the day? I'd be curious to hear all three again (and for the first time). I'm sure I'll have CDRs somewhere from when I sold them...

• 2023 Gold Donors

1.Dangerous Age

2.Holy Water

3.Here Comes Trouble

4.Fame and Fortune

All 4 are great releases and also don't forget the live CD-What You Hear Is What You Get.

I was lucky to see them co-headline with Damn Yankees.Awesome concert !

1.Dangerous Age

2.Holy Water

3.Here Comes Trouble

4.Fame and Fortune

All 4 are great releases and also don't forget the live CD-What You Hear Is What You Get.

I was lucky to see them co-headline with Damn Yankees.Awesome concert !

Lucky you!