2010 FIFA WORLD CUP

Dave

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

France are getting everything they deserve after cheating their way to the finals.

Italians have been piss poor. Worse than England (if that is possible). I reckon they will finish second in their group which means a tough game against the Dutch in the last 16.

Another upset tonight?? I can see The Ivory coast making life very difficult for Brazil!

Yeah, going back from my last entry:

Aussies definitely restored some pride with a hearty performance. Would have loved to see them get away with the win, but as noted, they did as well as they could. I can't believe that in two matches we have had, in each game, our most prolific player red-carded. Unbelievable. It now means that we must beat Serbia and either Ghana beat Germany (unlikely) or Germany destroy Ghana with a big scoreline. We definitely look to be in a bit of trouble. :( But good on them for having a dig anyway.

Go New Zealand!! Haha. What a result for them. I love it. The funny thing is, although Italy had some awesome strikes (great goal keeping by the NZ keeper) the cheating c*nts, again, did not deserve that penalty goal they did score. Blatant dive from a harmless shove. The Italian guy should be shot. Jeez I'd love to see NZ make it through. I really hate Italy (no offence to any Italians here ;)). I pray to jeebers they don't make the cut somehow.

Most annoying thing I saw over the weekend was that dickhead from the Ivory Coast cop a slight shove in the chest, so he went down clasping at his face and of course the ref played right into it and red-carded the Brazilian guy. Everything about it just makes me so angry. The "injured" player looks like a f*cking idiot, the ref looks like as big a f*cking idiot for believing it and the game of soccer looks like a f*cking idiot for allowing it to happen. Goddamn it infuriates me.

I hope that "dick-shit" from the Ivory Coast gets in big shit after play-acting his way to getting Brazil's Kaka sent off during Brazil's 3-1 win last night !!!!!

It was ridiculous...he runs into Kaka and goes down clutching his face. idiot.

even if the ref didnt see it....surely one of the lines men or the 4th official did???! Re-introduces the need for video refs in football.

& just going back on what Geoff said. I didnt see the Italian penalty so cant really comment on that, but there is a massive difference between what the IC player did (which is blatant cheating) and a striker 'intelligently' going down in the box (upon contact) to win a penalty. The rules are clear for all to see.....if you make contact in the box without playing the ball and the player goes down, its a penalty. Defenders fault, not the strikers.

Cheers

I hope that "dick-shit" from the Ivory Coast gets in big shit after play-acting his way to getting Brazil's Kaka sent off during Brazil's 3-1 win last night !!!!!

It was ridiculous...he runs into Kaka and goes down clutching his face. idiot.

I remember a few years ago some poor bastard was murdered (From Cameroon? Or Cambodia? I don't know) after the world cup after scoring an own goal against his team. Very sad story.

But, what would be a glorious story, is if you heard this guy from the Ivory Coast (and any other blatant diver) had been murdered after the world cup. Someone needs to concentrate on ending these lives - not the poor bastards who accidentally score an own goal. I'm sure those guys already feel bad enough.

& just going back on what Geoff said. I didnt see the Italian penalty so cant really comment on that, but there is a massive difference between what the IC player did (which is blatant cheating) and a striker 'intelligently' going down in the box (upon contact) to win a penalty. The rules are clear for all to see.....if you make contact in the box without playing the ball and the player goes down, its a penalty. Defenders fault, not the strikers.

I can understand that rule, but if that is so there needs to be some element of consistency. How do they honestly determine what is a dive and what is not? Kewell (in his brief time on the field) went down in the box a couple of times, which was certainly no different to this Italian prick who got a penalty out of it. As you say, the only way it'll be 100% repaired is if you have a video ref. And I have honestly never seen a sport in more desperate need of a video ref! Sure it'll slow the game down a bit, but really, we're talking about soccer here. It's hardly going to make any difference.

Oh well.....My record of watching every game "live" has gone as today one is on ITV 1 and the other is on ITV 4 at the same time......

So it's France v Sth Africa on 1 fo me !!!!!

Uruguay (1st)

Mexico (2nd)

S. Africa (3rd)

France (4th)

Bye,Bye France.........

.... and well deserved !!

Uruguay (1st)

Mexico (2nd)

S. Africa (3rd)

France (4th)

Bye,Bye France.........

.... and well deserved !!

I would :rofl2: but I have a horrible feeling it would come back to bite me on the arse tomorrow afternoon... :unsure:

Oh well.....My record of watching every game "live" has gone as today one is on ITV 1 and the other is on ITV 4 at the same time......

Yep, this has pretty much killed any chance for me to see more live World Cup footage. Before these rounds we at least got the live 9:30pm game over here, but now the first game starts and midnight, and I've checked the upcoming schedule and every single game now is shown between midnight and about 7:00am (with a lot of 4:30am starts coming up). A tad unfortunate as I was getting in the spirit a bit. :(

USA-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------England

soc_donovan_rooney_614.jpg

It's simple... WIN and you're IN!

Just checked out the schedule for tonight - I am very interested in all of that action. Very curious to see how it goes for the US and Brits, and this is it for the Aussies too. I'm going to awaken at 4:30am for the Aussies, hoping for highlights of the other matches too.

Apparently Lampard is playing again. As far as I'm concerned, the single worst player in every England game he's played in for at least 3 years and true to form a passenger so far at the World Cup. I really fear for our chances; even if we put in a good performance, how far can we go with a player who is consistently so poor for his country?

The Nigeria game was unbelievable last night. Yakubu only had to fall over the ball to score and yet missed the sitter of the World Cup, probably the sitter of the decade. Martins also missed an easy chance. They would have gone through if they'd scored another goal. Sad, I have a soft spot for Nigeria and would like to see an African team doing well. Just hope Ghana can get at least a draw against the Germans, that one should be a great game.

Just hope Ghana can get at least a draw against the Germans, that one should be a great game.

A draw ? I hope NOT !!

Yet another goal from the U.S. disallowed. Dempsey was NOT offsides. Regardless, we should still be ahead at least 2-0, but have missed several enormous scoring chances.... the second half is going to be WIDE OPEN.

Heskey out, Defoe in = goal scored. About time Don Fabio wised up.... :christmas:

Ummmppfhh ..., that really wasn't a convincing game ....! -_-

I'm definitely proud of the Aussies for giving it a good shot. Great win, shame it wasn't enough. At 2-0 up and Germany at 1-0 it looked like the dream may still be alive. One more goal from the Aussies and one more from the Germans would have seen us slip past Ghana into the next round, but it was always going to be a huge ask.

Everyone will always go back to the 4-0 beating by Germany as our undoing, and it essentially was, but I think we had a great opportunity to beat Ghana and that was our biggest miss.

Oh well, another World Cup over for the Aussies, but they ended up giving it a fair shot in the end. :)

As for the next round, should be interesting. Would have loved to see USA vs Australia, but the US should beat Ghana, you'd assume. And Germany vs England? Well, both teams have been very uninspiring (after Germany's first round belting of the Aussies) so it'll be interesting to see who steps up for that one. I'd have to go with Germany, but who knows?

I'm definitely proud of the Aussies for giving it a good shot. Great win, shame it wasn't enough. At 2-0 up and Germany at 1-0 it looked like the dream may still be alive. One more goal from the Aussies and one more from the Germans would have seen us slip past Ghana into the next round, but it was always going to be a huge ask.

Everyone will always go back to the 4-0 beating by Germany as our undoing, and it essentially was, but I think we had a great opportunity to beat Ghana and that was our biggest miss.

Oh well, another World Cup over for the Aussies, but they ended up giving it a fair shot in the end. :)

As for the next round, should be interesting. Would have loved to see USA vs Australia, but the US should beat Ghana, you'd assume. And Germany vs England? Well, both teams have been very uninspiring (after Germany's first round belting of the Aussies) so it'll be interesting to see who steps up for that one. I'd have to go with Germany, but who knows?

Backed ! :drink: Well done to the Aussie team ! They showed their great spirit as the South African team did !

CONGRATS TO ENGLAND !!!!!!!!

Germany next for us...as per !!!!!!....

Congrats to the USA for winning the group,and judging by the reaction of the team/squad/management,don't for one instance think it DOESN'T matter !!!!!!!