Group E

Netherlands, Denmark, Japan, Cameroon

Group F

Italy, Paraguay, New Zealand, Slovakia

Group G

Brazil, North Korea, Ivory Coast, Portugal

Group H

Spain, Switzerland, Honduras, Chile

So who are your early predictions to take the cup ????

Would I be close in saying that France, Argentina, England, Germany, Netherlands, Italy, Brazil and Spain would be the first ones through of their groups ????

Any Countries who did not make the World Cup but should be there ????

Not including the favorites out of each group, is there a Country that could be a real danger team ????

Is there any Country that you really do not want to see win ????????

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as Brazil, France, Portugal and Italy don't win it all I'll be happy.

I'm cheering for England (they have no chance in Hell, but I always cheer for them) and I'm picking Spain to repeat after the Euro Cup victory last year. I'd also like to see the host team South Africa get out of its group...but I don't think that will happen.

Ireland should be there!!! I may be of French decendance from the 17th century, but damn I hope they get killed.

What the hell happen to Canada? Did they not qualify? We suck ass at this sport. We did win Olympic gold in 1904.

The USA could surprise, since they seem to have a pretty easy route out of their own group, other than the game against England.

As long as Brazil, France, Portugal and Italy don't win it all I'll be happy.

I'm cheering for England (they have no chance in Hell, but I always cheer for them) and I'm picking Spain to repeat after the Euro Cup victory last year. I'd also like to see the host team South Africa get out of its group...but I don't think that will happen.

Ireland should be there!!! I may be of French decendance from the 17th century, but damn I hope they get killed.

What the hell happen to Canada? Did they not qualify? We suck ass at this sport. We did win Olympic gold in 1904.

The USA could surprise, since they seem to have a pretty easy route out of their own group, other than the game against England.

Yes, I totally agree on Ireland !! They should definitely be there ! Cheating French ............. :thppt:

All I can say at the moment is.......

COME ON ENGLAND !!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry mate, but I think you will find that all the really talented players currently in England will be heading back to their own country to play for them ;):lol:

Sorry mate, but I think you will find that all the really talented players currently in England will be heading back to their own country to play for them ;):lol:

Ha ha ha .... !! :rofl2: Too TRUE !!!

Ho,ho..The no-hopers and the"Can only win on penalties" bring forth their wisdom ! :whistle:

"Can only win on penalties"

Which definitely cannot be said about the England team ! :whistle: If it comes to penalties whatever other team will win ! :tumbsup:

"Can only win on penalties"

Which definitely cannot be said about the England team ! :whistle: If it comes to penalties whatever other team will win ! :tumbsup:

one word....Ballack.

My prediction for the final stages is

Semi Final A : Brazil vs England (after all we've only really got to beat France to get to the semis!)

Semi Final B : Germany vs Spain

Final : Brazil vs Spain

To be honest its the final that everyone wants to see. Too close to call who would win that final but it would be fantastic football and that's all we're interested in!

Cheers

My prediction for the final stages is

Semi Final A : Brazil vs England (after all we've only really got to beat France to get to the semis!)

Semi Final B : Germany vs Spain

Final : Brazil vs Spain

To be honest its the final that everyone wants to see. Too close to call who would win that final but it would be fantastic football and that's all we're interested in!

Cheers

Yeah, why not ?!?! Looks good to me ! :drink:

Ho,ho..The no-hopers and the"Can only win on penalties" bring forth their wisdom ! :whistle:

We don't have a problem admitting we are no hopers simply because we are and the game is pretty irrelevant to most here, it's just a pity that some countries who claim it to be their number one sport, yet who have to flood their domestic competition with talented imports, only to have them go back and play for their own countries come the world cup and then wonder why they can never succeed at the highest level should think any different to us ;):lol:

Why do Australians always :whistle:claim that proper footie is "irrelevant" to them,but blow their own trumpets when they actually qualify and, perish the thought,maybe beat someone ?

They bring down their National side at every opportunity,but are first to shout and scream if they actually get any kind of result against footballing "giants" like TONGA for instance...... :whistle:

England will perhaps not meet Australia,because of the draw,and the fact you'll be the first side put out :whistle: ,but if we did.....

WE'D HAMMER YOU TO FUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!

We don't have a problem admitting we are no hopers simply because we are and the game is pretty irrelevant to most here, it's just a pity that some countries who claim it to be their number one sport, yet who have to flood their domestic competition with talented imports, only to have them go back and play for their own countries come the world cup and then wonder why they can never succeed at the highest level should think any different to us ;):lol:

'have' to is exactly correct mate.

The league title remains important to most sides in the Premiership but if you were to ask the managers of say the top 6 sides in the league what was more important, the League title or the Champions League.........they would answer the Champions League. If They were honest.

There is also a hell of a lot of pressure (by the mega rich owners) on the managers of those clubs to succeed in the Champions League.

& if you are looking to compete with the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona etc then you have to have the top talent from all over the world in order to succeed. Lets face it - a high ppn of their players are from overseas as well. Esp Real Madrid, with the likes of Kaka, Ronaldo, Van Nistleroy etc.

Our top team tho remains mostly British......Man Utd. They have always had one or 2 big foreign stars, but the main part of the team is British and they have been THE most successful English team in the last 10 years. So is foreign talent better?? the jury is out.

Cheers

The league title remains important to most sides in the Premiership but if you were to ask the managers of say the top 6 sides in the league what was more important, the League title or the Champions League.........they would answer the Champions League. If They were honest.

There is also a hell of a lot of pressure (by the mega rich owners) on the managers of those clubs to succeed in the Champions League.

Cheers

I am not surprised that the Champions League is more important. It's a lot more prestigious and obviously brings in the big bucks. BUT without the League title (or 2nd place) there is no Champions League.

Cheers

I am not surprised that the Champions League is more important. It's a lot more prestigious and obviously brings in the big bucks. BUT without the League title (or 2nd place) there is no Champions League.

Top 4.

Plus if you win the Champions League you automatically go back in regardless of your league finish.

Spot on mate :rofl2:

• My Little Pony
Bring on the old US of A :headbanger:

Oh! and goodnight Australia after the first round :D

Amen.

Australia can't compete against Ghana!

England will perhaps not meet Australia,because of the draw,and the fact you'll be the first side put out :whistle: ,but if we did.....

And that would be one of your better achievements ;)

Oh, and by the way......I would not have a fuckin' clue who we beat to even get there !!!!!!!

As I said, some people like the game but the large majority don't........simple as that.

Oh, and by the way......I would not have a fuckin' clue who we beat to even get there !!!!!!!

As I said, some people like the game but the large majority don't........simple as that.

Amen to that brother,i couldn't give a toss about it,i have my football team that i follow(AFL)and that's that.I watch a few Liverpool games that's about it,but i soon get over the girly twats rolling around on the ground looking for attention when real men get straight back up and get on with it :lol:

Amen to that brother,i couldn't give a toss about it,i have my football team that i follow(AFL)and that's that.I watch a few Liverpool games that's about it,but i soon get over the girly twats rolling around on the ground looking for attention when real men get straight back up and get on with it :lol:

Yaaaawn.

As usual every Australian on here is playing the "No-one in Australia gives two-fucks about the World Cup" card,as in years gone by the Americans did.

However,the U.S.A. internationally,ain't too bad but are behind the Europeans.But there seems to be some excitement on their part that they are in the Finals.Unlike the Oceanic boys,who now claim they're not interested,but tried like fuck to qualify.

Because no-one gives them fuck-all chance of winning they don't seem to care,but if they did win a game,they'd be screaming from the rooftops.

Anyways,COME ON ENGLAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........p.s. Outfield players are not allowed to pick the ball up during play,ok Australia ? :whistle:

As usual every Australian on here is playing the "No-one in Australia gives two-fucks about the World Cup" card,as in years gone by the Americans did.

However,the U.S.A. internationally,ain't too bad but are behind the Europeans.But there seems to be some excitement on their part that they are in the Finals.Unlike the Oceanic boys,who now claim they're not interested,but tried like fuck to qualify.

Because no-one gives them fuck-all chance of winning they don't seem to care,but if they did win a game,they'd be screaming from the rooftops.

Anyways,COME ON ENGLAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........p.s. Outfield players are not allowed to pick the ball up during play,ok Australia ? :whistle:

No matter what anyone says / slags off etc etc.

My betting is that there is at least a 90% chance we will be seeing England in the semis and that will no doubt piss off most of the Aussies on this board.

Whether they claim to not care about football or not.