2010 FIFA WORLD CUP

Dave

CONGRATS TO ENGLAND !!!!!!!!

Germany next for us...as per !!!!!!....

Congrats to the USA for winning the group,and judging by the reaction of the team/squad/management,don't for one instance think it DOESN'T matter !!!!!!!

Glad to see both England and the U.S. go through, and you're right Ian, winning the group absolutely DOES matter, as we now face Ghana, and have a real shot at making the final eight! Good luck to England v Germany. beer2.gif

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Italy & France are both gone now. First time in WC history that both finalists from the previous tourney have gone out in the group stage!

That was a crazy round of results last night. Only got one of my tips right (Netherlands win).

The Paraguay vs. New Zealand match was painful to watch. NZ needed that one goal so bad but just had absolutely nothing going in attack. Impressive they made it through the World Cup without a loss, but a shame they couldn't go further.

Very disappointed to see Denmark go down to Japan too. Not a fan of Japan at all, I have discovered.

But the highlight of the night, no doubt, was watching those filthy Italians falter and disappear from the world cup. What a great moment. What an instense end of the match too. As I was flicking between the first 2 live games, I missed what exactly happened when there was a little slap / fake wrestle flare up in the goal after an Italian goal was scored. What the hell happened there? It was very embarrassing to watch (man these guys are pathetic!) but what started it?

No idea what caused the row after that Italian goal, but great result for Slovakia. France and Italy out = :tumbsup::banana:

Bit worrying for the other European sides though, we're not playing very well. My prediction before the tournament that the South Americans would struggle in South Africa proves that I know absolutely feck all about football!

France and Italy have been shite throughout...deserve to dumped out.

England looked vastly improved against Slovenia and should really have won at least 3-0, bar from a couple of inches off side and a post!

We were always destined to meet Germany in any case.....i bet if we had topped our group they would have come second lol! Theyre beatable anyway and Beckenbauer is obviously worried otherwise he wouldnt keep running his mouth off! Quite unprofessional and disrespectful really, but then he always was.....

He's right to be worried as Germany haven't been too impressive, there was a big over reaction to their 4-0 win over 10-man Australia and I thought they were very lucky against Ghana (if Ghana had a final ball they would have won the game). However, England still need to improve and we never beat Germany in major tournaments (at least not in recent history) so I am extremely pessimistic.

He's right to be worried as Germany haven't been too impressive, there was a big over reaction to their 4-0 win over 10-man Australia and I thought they were very lucky against Ghana (if Ghana had a final ball they would have won the game). However, England still need to improve and we never beat Germany in major tournaments (at least not in recent history) so I am extremely pessimistic.

Yes agree it will be a very tight match. However we always rise to the occasion. To be honest win or lose I dont care as long as it doesnt go to f penalties. Anything but penalties. I would much rather see one team win in full or extra time and save a life long nightmare for one player....so unfair.

Yes agree it will be a very tight match. However we always rise to the occasion. To be honest win or lose I dont care as long as it doesnt go to f penalties. Anything but penalties. I would much rather see one team win in full or extra time and save a life long nightmare for one player....so unfair.

Penalties suck.......if it comes to that I'll be stood at the bottom of the garden as far away from the TV as I can get!!!!!

Penalties suck.......if it comes to that I'll be stood at the bottom of the garden as far away from the TV as I can get!!!!!

Hopefully we won't need penalties !!!!!

Being the only German on the board I better keep my mouth shut ........

No, let it out! It will be interesting to hear what you have to say. You'll probably win on Sunday, so please be gentle with us after the game... :unsure:

No, let it out! It will be interesting to hear what you have to say. You'll probably win on Sunday, so please be gentle with us after the game... :unsure:

Are you insane James ? As much as Bernd's my mate it's COME ON ENGLAND !!!!!!!!!

And not this penalties lark !

Thank God Chile did it. Those south Americans were really stupid yesterday (2 goals as a gift) that would be really sad to be out of the tournament from crappy Switzerland... But now it's Brazil. :christmas:

I can't find any interest on those European matches (portugal-spain, Holland-Slovakia etc.) or American ones like Argentina-Mexico the most interesting are the winners of those matches for example Argentina-England or Germany. Imagine a knock-out match like Holland-Paraguay, Brazil-Spain or Portugal-Chile. More interesting definitely...

The first quarter finalist is URUGUAY !!

I hope the US give Ghana a "lesson" later !!!!

Oh no, I really really don't. Apologies to our US cousins, no offence but I am hating their football team at the moment; after a late, late goal England has to go through Germany and Argentina to get to the semis instead of Ghana and Uruguay. Plus they were so lucky to draw with England due to Robert Green's gift. I would also like to see an African team have a good run and thought Ghana did well enough to deserve a draw against Germany, so I hope Ghana wins about 5-0!

Are you insane James ? As much as Bernd's my mate it's COME ON ENGLAND !!!!!!!!!

And not this penalties lark !

Not insane; I'll be delirious if England win, but come on, it's Germany. We'll lose.

Good overall performance from the U.S. this time around. They've definitely shown over the last year or so that they're not push overs any more. Gotta pull for England and the Netherlands now...