2010 FIFA WORLD CUP

Dave

Watching Germany v Serbia right now. This match official has officially lost the plot. 6 yellow cards in 37 minutes, and a second (RIDICULOUS) for Klose which will DEFINITELY affect the outcome of this one. Serbia takes the 1-0 lead; can Germany fight back for the draw, or even a win? We shall see....

Gotta agree with Mike here,the Germans lost mainly to a solitary goal,a missed penalty and one of the most inept refereering displays not seen for a while !!!!!

As for Serbia,when the BBC co-commentator,Wolves manager Mick McCarthy,calls them "tarts",you get the picture !!!!!

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.... down 2-0 to Slovenia at the half. Woo-hooooooooooooo... the Americans really playing up to their f'n potential! :thppt:

MONSTER goal from Donovan!!! There is still hope....

Ok, Ian (or anyone else who was watching) what exactly was wrong with what would have been the 3rd and winning goal from the U.S.? They weren't offsides, three of our players were being held, but the official disallows the goal and calls no penalty. WTF? For the second match today, the officiating was ATROCIOUS.

That was terrible! How can we play so well in qualifying and be so pathetic at the tournament? Our players should be ashamed. What a f***ing disgrace!

Ok, Ian (or anyone else who was watching) what exactly was wrong with what would have been the 3rd and winning goal from the U.S.? They weren't offsides, three of our players were being held, but the official disallows the goal and calls no penalty. WTF? For the second match today, the officiating was ATROCIOUS.

That call was f'n atrocious. I've seen some bad calls but this one was called by Stevie Wonder for sure. Pathetic.

That call was f'n atrocious. I've seen some bad calls but this one was called by Stevie Wonder for sure. Pathetic.

Why that goal was disallowed is up there with the great mysteries of the world.Fookin' Outrageous !!!!

Well,to say I'm fookin' ashamed of England is an UNDERSTATEMENT !!!

Bad team selection,players who seemed NOT to give a fuck......

James - Worried he'd get the same shit as Green.

Johnson/Cole - Were at least on the pitch.

Carragher - At least tries.

Terry - "Donkey"

Lennon - The invisible man

Lampard - Looked as if tears were immenent.

Barry - Best player on view.

Gerrard - Hmmmm.

Rooney - Ugly,arrogant fuck-pig.

Heskey - Why ?

Simply,and it is the old statement,"On £100,000 a week,and SOOOOOO much better than everyone else",when in reality,when it comes to team-play other sides show so much more !!!!

Why that goal was disallowed is up there with the great mysteries of the world.Fookin' Outrageous !!!!

Oh man do I feel for the US team. Great comeback, only to be totally, 100% and obviously ripped off of the win. As Mike says, there were Slovenian players literally holding US players in headlocks, yet the Slovenians get a penalty and the US get a disallowed goal? Most shocking decision I've seen at this World Cup yet... and could be very costly for the US.

As for the Brits... wow, what a lesson in yawning that was. At the moment I will be really surprised if you guys can beat Slovenia and make it out of the pool round. Based on those 2 games Slovenia should have you covered easily. :lol: Not to say they were great, but certainly superior to the British "effort".

Very surprised by the Germany result too - did not expect that, though it was a poorly officiated game.

Do or die for the Aussies tonight... I'll be staying up for this one for sure. The best part? I'll be well drunk by the time it's on, just in case I need it. Looking forward to seeing Netherlands too, as I need someone to fallback on when the Aussies are done. :(

Capello should hang his head in shame! Stubborn idiot continues to play everyone out of position! No wonder the players looked as confused as hell! Gerrard playing on the left, rooney ended up in mid fucking field lol! Maybe now he will play Rooney up front on his own with gerrard in the hole like they do so well for their clubs - it ain't rocket science for Christ sake! Still think we will beat Slovenia on wed and qualify but they need to improve and fast!

Holy shit, what was that (Nehtherlands v Japan)? Most boring half of soccer all tournament? Too boring for words. I expect the Australia vs Ghana match will be the complete opposite, with both trying their hearts out to somehow make the cut. Can't be worse than this, but jeez I hope there is at least a bit of action.

Holy shit, what was that (Nehtherlands v Japan)? Most boring half of soccer all tournament? Too boring for words. I expect the Australia vs Ghana match will be the complete opposite, with both trying their hearts out to somehow make the cut. Can't be worse than this, but jeez I hope there is at least a bit of action.

1-0 to Holland

Ghana v The whipping boys,err,I mean Australia next.......

1-0 to Holland

Haha. I'd love to see the Aussies actually win this one. It would then ensure - assuming there'd be no draws - that the 2 winners of the last 2 games in this pool would proceed in the tournament. Would make for 2 very exciting matches. That is, if the Aussies can win this one, of course. :(

Good to see Holland get the goal too - nice strike. I forgot to agree with Mike above too, but loved the 2 US goals too. The first one was especially cool.

1-0 to Holland

Haha. I'd love to see the Aussies actually win this one. It would then ensure - assuming there'd be no draws - that the 2 winners of the last 2 games in this pool would proceed in the tournament. Would make for 2 very exciting matches. That is, if the Aussies can win this one, of course. :(

Good to see Holland get the goal too - nice strike. I forgot to agree with Mike above too, but loved the 2 US goals too. The first one was especially cool.

Second half of the Holland v Japan match was MUCH more entertaining than the first. Great strike from Sneijder!

<sigh> Kewell sent off after the Aussies had taken the lead from a nice set piece, and then Gyan knots it up from the penalty spot fro Ghana. Would love to see the Socceroos get the win, but it's definitely an uphill battle now.

Yep, both the U.S. goals were excellent, but the angle that Donovan made his from was just unbelievable. :crazy:

Yeah the goal was good, but terrible goalkeeping - backed off right to his goal rather than coming out. God Ghana must be shite drawing with Australia ;-) he he

Gutted for the Aussies. Didn't mind who won before the game, but was really cheering for the yellows by the end. Okay, Ghana didn't play well, but that has to be the best performance I have ever seen by ten men against eleven. I thought Australia would win it at the end, they really went for it and created a few chances, fair play to them. It must be nice to support a team of players who actually look like they give a shit!

Gutted for the Aussies. Didn't mind who won before the game, but was really cheering for the yellows by the end. Okay, Ghana didn't play well, but that has to be the best performance I have ever seen by ten men against eleven. I thought Australia would win it at the end, they really went for it and created a few chances, fair play to them. It must be nice to support a team of players who actually look like they give a shit!

Well said James......Unlike us,at least they showed some "grit" !!

Holy shit did anyone see Denmark vs Cameroon! How that game didn't end about 6-5 is beyond me!! Each team

had so many chances! Really open game with some great play and some real lol defending in the first half by Denmark.....quite unreal in places!!

Holy shit did anyone see Denmark vs Cameroon! How that game didn't end about 6-5 is beyond me!! Each team

had so many chances! Really open game with some great play and some real lol defending in the first half by Denmark.....quite unreal in places!!

Now that was "proper" footie !!!!!

Now that was "proper" footie !!!!!

Excellent match. Both teams (but especially Cameroon in the 2nd half) just kept on pushing as many people forward as they could, and it produced one of the most entertaining games of the tourney so far. Lots of shots on goal, some great saves, and great defending in general from both sides. 13aplaudir.gif

Italy 1-1 New Zealand

MASSIVE result for the Kiwis! Awesome goalkeeping from Pastor...great defending. Way to go All Whites! :tumbsup:

Italy 1-1 New Zealand

MASSIVE result for the Kiwis! Awesome goalkeeping from Pastor...great defending. Way to go All Whites! :tumbsup:

Agreed...There's always something amusing about watching the Italians getting more pissed off by the second !!!!!!

And solid play by Paraguay in their 2-0 win !!!!!!!

Supposedly,England are having a "clear-the-air","crisis",meeting later...

Good fuckin' grief !!!!!!!!!!

Agreed...There's always something amusing about watching the Italians getting more pissed off by the second !!!!!!

And solid play by Paraguay in their 2-0 win !!!!!!!

Supposedly,England are having a "clear-the-air","crisis",meeting later...

Good fuckin' grief !!!!!!!!!!

Could always be worse Ian... you could be a France supporter. Talk about a team imploding...:wacko: