2010 FIFA WORLD CUP

Dave

Argentina 0 Germany 4

What can you say....Team spiit,effort,no fear of the opposhition and what would give for a midfield full of Schweinsteigers !!!!!!!!

Note for Messi...When opposition players aren't scared,hassle,play you.and deny you possession,you are a one footed,failed passer of the ball,who the only people who get worried about your shooting,are sitting in Row Z of the stand.You may be deemed "brilliant",but on this World Cup showing........YOU AIN'T !!!

Maradonna.....Stick your "hand of god" goal up your arse,you ugly,stumpy fucker !!!!!!!!!! :fu:

BIG CONGRATS TO GERMANY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, mate ! :drink: What a game and what a day !! :beerbang: :beerbang:

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I did have a sneaky feeling that Holland and Germany might beat the South Americans against the odds, but I did not see 4-0 coming! I only saw the highlights from today, but at times Germany looked fantastic, better than I have seen them before in this World Cup. The last goal was sheer class, absolutely brilliant football and a perfect finish. Spain will have to seriously raise their game in the semi, surely Germany must be favourites now? And as for Schweinsteiger - what a player. I had read a lot about him before the tournament and he has delivered, very very impressive.

Well done Bernd, you must have had a great afternoon! Looking like a Holland Germany final.....?

A few things to add.

1. Germany awesome. Completely out-played the Argies (at least we werent the only ones!).

2. Spain look a little painful at times. Torres is unfit. Need to raise their game massively

3. Suarez is a deluded idiot. "This was the real 'hand of god'".......no it wasnt mate it was the actions of a cheating bastard. Not only did he purposefully handle the ball to stop Ghanas inevitable goal, but he then tried to walk away from the refs gaze as if nothing had happened. I seriously hope FIFA hand him a 2 match ban so he has no possible chance to take any further part in this world cup - not even the 3rd/4th place play off. Rant over.

Cheers

Spain vs Germany,

Well I still gotta support Spain (sorry Bernd...but good to see you guys beat the shit outta the Argies...BTW The Export got posted last Tuesday and I forgot to PM ya to let you know), if they play like they did in the last 15 - 25 minutes they may have a look in .... but the German team is just a goal scoring machine at the moment.

A few things to add.

1. Germany awesome. Completely out-played the Argies (at least we werent the only ones!).

2. Spain look a little painful at times. Torres is unfit. Need to raise their game massively

3. Suarez is a deluded idiot. "This was the real 'hand of god'".......no it wasnt mate it was the actions of a cheating bastard. Not only did he purposefully handle the ball to stop Ghanas inevitable goal, but he then tried to walk away from the refs gaze as if nothing had happened. I seriously hope FIFA hand him a 2 match ban so he has no possible chance to take any further part in this world cup - not even the 3rd/4th place play off. Rant over.

Cheers

Good point, I was so angry about that cheating bastard from Uruguay. That is something wrong with football though - a player heads a certain goal, another player handles off the line and what does the attacking team get? A penalty. How is that fair? "You would have scored a goal, but the other team cheated, so instead you get a chance to score a goal" WTF???? That is so f***ing outrageous. And did you see Suarez celebrate at the end? Disgraceful. I agree that he should be banned from international football, preferably for about 10 games. Ghana did enough to win the game, end of story. Then they find themselves in a penalty shootout having just missed a penalty - there was only going to be one winner. The ref should have had the penalty retaken until it went in - that would have been fair! :rant:

Paraguay have won a lot of fans in this World Cup, I have never seen a bunch of players cover so much ground, they have done it every game. Their enthusiasm has been fantastic to watch. Uruguay, on the other hand, have lost any goodwill they may have gained. Come on Holland!!!

A few things to add.

Cheers

Good point, I was so angry about that cheating bastard from Uruguay. That is something wrong with football though - a player heads a certain goal, another player handles off the line and what does the attacking team get? A penalty. How is that fair? "You would have scored a goal, but the other team cheated, so instead you get a chance to score a goal" WTF???? That is so f***ing outrageous. And did you see Suarez celebrate at the end? Disgraceful. I agree that he should be banned from international football, preferably for about 10 games. Ghana did enough to win the game, end of story. Then they find themselves in a penalty shootout having just missed a penalty - there was only going to be one winner. The ref should have had the penalty retaken until it went in - that would have been fair! :rant:

Paraguay have won a lot of fans in this World Cup, I have never seen a bunch of players cover so much ground, they have done it every game. Their enthusiasm has been fantastic to watch. Uruguay, on the other hand, have lost any goodwill they may have gained. Come on Holland!!!

Yes, that wasn't fair at all ! Ghana most definitely deserved to win this one !

But Uruguay will be DESTROYED by Netherlands !! :hammer:

Ghana deserved to win? Are you kidding me? They had 1 chance in the whole game & close to achieve 2 goals. You drink WAY too many beers during the matches right???

They scored 2 legitimate goals to Uruguay's 1. Enough said. Just a shame cheating prevented one of them actually crossing the line. I just hope Holland play to their ability, I don't think it will be easy for them unless they raise their game.

Ghana deserved to win? Are you kidding me? They had 1 chance in the whole game & close to achieve 2 goals. You drink WAY too many beers during the matches right???

They scored 2 legitimate goals to Uruguay's 1. Enough said. Just a shame cheating prevented one of them actually crossing the line. I just hope Holland play to their ability, I don't think it will be easy for them unless they raise their game.

Backed ! :drink:

I couldn't see 2 goals by Ghana. Just 1 goal with not even a chance. Uruguay had 1 goal & 5-6 chances to score against the overrpriced Africans... But that's football's rule. The team with the most chances was with the back on the wall... :christmas:

Holland, the other super duper loosers of the earth. Wins against crappy teams & thank God Dunka has been slept during the match... Go Uruguay!!!

Nice results over the weekend. I picked all 4 of them. :) Even got the score right in the Holland vs Argentina match! If only I'd put a few dollars on it...

For the remainder, I'm hoping dearly that Holland and Germany make it through. That'd be awesome. Either way I'd be content with the end result then, but I'd love to see Holland go all the way.

Nice results over the weekend. I picked all 4 of them. :) Even got the score right in the Holland vs Argentina match! If only I'd put a few dollars on it...

I've decided that Geoff is actually an international footie expert and has snowed us all with his constant complaining about the game. He's a sly one that Geoff... very sly.... :christmas:

But seriously, some good picks there; I got all 4 winners right, but couldn't muster a correct score.... damn it! :hammer::crazy:

I've decided that Geoff is actually an international footie expert and has snowed us all with his constant complaining about the game. He's a sly one that Geoff... very sly.... :christmas:

But seriously, some good picks there; I got all 4 winners right, but couldn't muster a correct score.... damn it! :hammer::crazy:

Yeah, I just wish I was going as well in my local footy tipping comps as I am this one.

BTW, what's my prize if I do end up taking this one home? (Please don't anyone overtake me now). us$100 cash from each other contestant is okay, is it?

Watch me lose my lead now that I've jinxed it...

If you pick Holland as the overall winner, you will be overtaken, my friend ! :lol: Won't happen !!

Goooooo ....., Germany !!! ;)

Yeah he's top in the footie stakes.....I wish I'd followed his tip for the Holland vs Argentina game......although i'd have looked a right prick at the betting shop. lol

;-)

If you pick Holland as the overall winner, you will be overtaken, my friend ! :lol: Won't happen !!

My hope, and my tip, is for Holland and Germany to win their semis. Then I hope Holland win the final.

And who knows, if that is the final I may still tip that way too, but if it were to come down to that I think logic would lead me to pick Germany as the winners of the 2010 World Cup. That said, the final could be Uraguay vs Spain. :lol:

My hope, and my tip, is for Holland and Germany to win their semis. Then I hope Holland win the final.

And who knows, if that is the final I may still tip that way too, but if it were to come down to that I think logic would lead me to pick Germany as the winners of the 2010 World Cup. That said, the final could be Uraguay vs Spain. :lol:

Holland will definitely beat Uruguay....esp without that cheating bstard Suarez.

Germany v Spain is much more difficult to predict. On paper youd have to say Spain, esp if they up their game to their true potential, but Germany have been playing so well and most importantly as a team!

Will be a close one.

IMO tho the ultimate winner of the world cup will come from Germany v Spain.

Cheers

Holland will definitely beat Uruguay....esp without that cheating bstard Suarez.

Germany v Spain is much more difficult to predict. On paper youd have to say Spain, esp if they up their game to their true potential, but Germany have been playing so well and most importantly as a team!

Will be a close one.

IMO tho the ultimate winner of the world cup will come from Germany v Spain.

Cheers

Loving the vitriol for this guy, well deserved too.

I think anything could happen in either game, but would love to see Holland win it. They have always played great football without winning the World Cup, having come close a couple of times. I see them as quite similar to England in some ways, although obviously a lot less shit.

On paper Spain's team is a lot better than Germany's, i.e. man for man rather than as a unit, especially with one of the best players missing for the latter, but Spain need to raise their game a few levels otherwise Germany will punish them. All very exciting though.

The English guys here act like the English football players do not use their hands EVER! Actually they are jealous of the awesome Suarez's goals.

If Uruguay will loose will be because of the missing of 4-5 basic players & not of the "spectacular" Dutch game when it was reality back in the... 70's. They couldn't make it back then, it doesn't mean that they deserve to win the cup this time when they were so lucky with their crappy games & Dunca's loosy tactic...

The hands of god yet again. The only time that the South Americans can win anything, is by using thier mitts, ask Diego. Maybe they should enter a masturbation competition, they would do very well I think ;)

Go the Dutch. :headbanger:

Think I'll throw my support behind the Dutch as well.... christmas.gif

425659.jpg

Was it just me, or was Uraguay's only plan of attack to dive? I'll give them the first goal they scored - both the Dutch and Uraguay's first goals just came from absolutely nowhere. Neither team looked like scoring and WHOOSHKA! Two nice shots (especially that pearler from the Dutch dude) and it was 1-1. But after that, I don't think I saw one attacking play from Uraguay that did not end in some pathetic dive and resulting penalty, hence their 2nd goal. What about that f*cking idiot who kicked the Dutch dude in the face, only to take the most embarrassing dive in recent matches when a Dutch chap put his hand on him... and then the Dutch chap got a yellow card for it? Poor bastard. This is not to say the Dutch didn't take a dive all game but it certainly didn't appear to be what their gameplan was based on. I really grew a new found hatred for the Uraguay team in that match. Good to see the cheating c*nts dismissed. Well done, Holland.

It's funny, my bros and I are only Dutch by association, but we're waking up at 4:30am in patriotic orange to watch their games, and my full-blooded Dutch parents are sleeping in. :lol: They are proud at 10am in the morning when they hear the result, though. :)

As for above discussion, I'll be surprised if Spain beat Germany. Unlike you fellas I don't know who is who and which team has bigger names, I just go based on what I see. And Germany have been quite impressive throughout the tournament. Spain have been mid-range and if all you guys didn't hype them up so much I'd just assume they were some lucky team that had scraped their way through. That said, they'll probably win the whole thing now. But my pick is for a comfortable victory to Germany. Then I'm going to tip Holland to take home the grand prize! :)

Oh, and what was with the ref who was either from Uraguay, or he'd put his house on Uraguay, dragging the game on at the end there? :lol:

LOL, at last Spain turn up and play to their full potential.

Germany found wanting in every department.

could have been 2 or 3 nil......should have been in fact.

Looking forward to the final....a new name on the cup. nice.

Yeah, that match took my completely by surprise. Germany were totally and completely dominated in every way. Spain must have had control of the ball for 80% of the match or something close to it. :lol: As I said above, I picked Germany and could never have expected they'd be made to look so inferior.

I'm going to stick with my Holland pick and thus kindly allow Mike to win this tipping comp, as I honestly can't see Holland beating Spain if they can control the match like that. But I'd rather pick the team I want to win so it's no split support when I watch it. :)

Congrats on the win, Mike. ;)