Good 80's Style Rock. New! Reckless Love.

TangoCharlie

I saw the video on MR.com and I have to say... and no doubt I will be hated and feared from this point forward... but it's more of the same overproduced Scandinavian AOR masquerading as rock. Don't get me wrong, it's very well done and the guys are talented, but this, and Brother Firetribe, and H.E.A.T., etc. just doesn't float my boat. I guess I just need more grit and more teeth in my music... :(

I do still like Wig Wam though, those guys have something different amid all the production and gloss IMHO.

I saw the video on MR.com and I have to say... and no doubt I will be hated and feared from this point forward... but it's more of the same overproduced Scandinavian AOR masquerading as rock. Don't get me wrong, it's very well done and the guys are talented, but this, and Brother Firetribe, and H.E.A.T., etc. just doesn't float my boat. I guess I just need more grit and more teeth in my music... :(

I do still like Wig Wam though, those guys have something different amid all the production and gloss IMHO.

You are not alone these guys are really cool . I emailed the band way back in July on it then there was a single out not the one with the video another single it is on there my space page . I asked them if they had a CD out only thing Oli said was itunes ..........But from what I have read lately the release is going to be early 2010 for it . Crazy the single has been out since July and finally releasing the CD 6-8 months later .

I do agree with you somewhat. I never got into HEAT and didn't understand the Europe comparisons that much and I do have one BT disc and it's good and all but I much prefer Pekka's other band Leverage for the heavy progressive but still melodic style. I do love Wig Wam to. Sure it's cheesy but they rock it up a little more than the other bands mentioned. I dig the Reckless Love single okay but would want to hear more of the disc before deciding to buy or not.

I do agree with you somewhat. I never got into HEAT and didn't understand the Europe comparisons that much and I do have one BT disc and it's good and all but I much prefer Pekka's other band Leverage for the heavy progressive but still melodic style. I do love Wig Wam to. Sure it's cheesy but they rock it up a little more than the other bands mentioned. I dig the Reckless Love single okay but would want to hear more of the disc before deciding to buy or not.

LOOKS LIKE A FEBRUARY/MARCH 2010 RELEASE

Wow Pete...you of all people????? I guess that's why there are so many different styles of music.....we all have different tastes!!! I really liked this band's sound. I think those background vocals and the melody infused in the song is what brought me over.

I know you are heavy into guitar oriented hard rock, and that's cool too. Maybe that's what turned you off on this band?????

I am one of those that really get turned on by melodic hard rock with keys and loads of harmony melody, but, I am also pretty diversified too. I can get just as turned on by Power Metal or some light weight AOR too. Charlie....thanks for the heads up on this one!!

And no......we don't hate you Pete.......I like your CDs too!!!! :cheer:

Wow Pete...you of all people????? I guess that's why there are so many different styles of music.....we all have different tastes!!! I really liked this band's sound. I think those background vocals and the melody infused in the song is what brought me over.

I know you are heavy into guitar oriented hard rock, and that's cool too. Maybe that's what turned you off on this band?????

I am one of those that really get turned on by melodic hard rock with keys and loads of harmony melody, but, I am also pretty diversified too. I can get just as turned on by Power Metal or some light weight AOR too. Charlie....thanks for the heads up on this one!!

And no......we don't hate you Pete.......I like your CDs too!!!! :cheer:

Haha, thanks man, I appreciate that. I can't put my finger on it, but I guess to me a lot of that stuff sounds a little forced, like they came out deciding specifically to follow that formula and as a result it doesn't sound heartfelt to me. And again like I said, it's top quality all the way from a talent/production standpoint, it just doesn't click for me, when I go light I prefer a Place Vendome or a Khymera style I guess... :)

BTW right now I'm on my first spin of Marc Ferreira's solo disc, I daresay if you liked Goodbye Thrill it reminds me a lot of that (yeah big surprise, right? ;) ), but the guitars are up a bit in the mix. I'm likin' it so far. :tumbsup:

Oh man, sorry dudes but I have to disagree 100 times over and then double it! This song just made my night. Tackiest filmclip ever, but the song made me damage my pants with huge spurts of sem... fun. I had fun in my pants. Seriously, I love that SOOOO much. I don't know if it's just the "bomb" in the title but it reminds me of 'Love bomb baby' in it's over the top infectious nature - which is what I love. This has immediately gone in the top 5 most anticipated releases of 2010 for me. :)

Oh man, sorry dudes but I have to disagree 100 times over and then double it! This song just made my night. Tackiest filmclip ever, but the song made me damage my pants with huge spurts of sem... fun. I had fun in my pants. Seriously, I love that SOOOO much. I don't know if it's just the "bomb" in the title but it reminds me of 'Love bomb baby' in it's over the top infectious nature - which is what I love. This has immediately gone in the top 5 most anticipated releases of 2010 for me. :)

:lol:

Agree with Geoff (although my pants remained dry), but this is seriously catchy stuff and fits Olliver Twisted so much better than Crashdiet did. Check out "One more Time" as well on the band's Myspace-page! It is a bit more "rock" than Beautiful Bomb...

This one in particular is pretty much fun, straight ahead rock n roll. It's not really tooooo overproduced. I've heard worse. For the most part I agree with your assessment of Scandi-rock, Pete. I never got into it because it seems soooo overproduced that the instruments get lost and all you hear is keys.

I'vs watched the video about 5 times and listen to both tracks about as often. This stuff gets me excited, although not excited as Geoff, since I never released any so called ''fun'' over hearing the tracks.

First of all I really dig the feel good sound of this all. I also pretty much appreciate the carefree message and all, but I'm afraid this formula is only gonna prove the prejudical set by today's industry against this stuff. The sound is great, but the lyrics are what they tag cheesy, and the image is 50/50. They look somewhat cool, but also like girls. People will have a problem with that. Especially the lead singer with the lip gloss riding his bike to the beach.

IMO we need more bands like Winger etc. Real men with the hard rock image having a more serious looking Pop Metal outing. The long hair, the cool image, but not too much makup and all that. They're fun, rocking and cool, but they possess the essence of both a good lyric and tune. It's more marketable that way.

On a side note I see the H.E.A.T. and Europe comparisons weren't understood somewhere. H.E.A.T. is more AOR, Europe has more Hard Rock guitar featured in their music at places, but the melodies and structures of the songs are there.

Loving this band so far, 'Beautiful Bomb' especialy is a terrific song. Definitely will be keeping a big eye open on these guys.

ollie got up and performed with hardcore superstar the other night in helsinki. i was speaking to him after the show and he said that the album was done, and he actually had a copy of it with him at the time. i would have asked for a listen, but don't ahve access to a cd player whilst on the road.

ollie got up and performed with hardcore superstar the other night in helsinki. i was speaking to him after the show and he said that the album was done, and he actually had a copy of it with him at the time. i would have asked for a listen, but don't ahve access to a cd player whilst on the road.

Would love to have seen that. I like Hardcore Superstar!

Would love to have seen that. I like Hardcore Superstar!

Me too! :banger:

As good as Beautiful Bomb is I think this one is even better.

Another great song... but I have to admit I still prefer 'Babylon Bomb' - that one is just sensational. I really like 'One more time' but my only tiny picky wish was that they hadn't used the big backing vocals on every single line in the chorus... just left one or two with the lead vocal alone. :) But that's just me being picky as the song is awesome anyway.