Most Consistent Band Over A Long Period

Dave

This is not "Who is your favourite band or artist" but who you think has "been the most consistently good" band or artist over a long period of time whether they are still going or not ??????

Mine would be THUNDER........IMO ,they have never failed to deliver :tumbsup:

What a sticky wicket of a question Dave! Many many bands have had some very impressive discocraphies over the years.

Here are some of mine in no particular order.

1) Triumph

2) Kings X

3) Enuff Z Nuff

4) Scorpions

5) Judas Preist

6) Rush

7) Kix

8) Dio

9) Y & T

I am sure I will liken to a few more but that gets me started.

I know it's a dull answer, but I'd have to go with HAREM SCAREM. Aside from the odd lapse in quality ("Voice of Reason") I'd always buy their discs by-sight as they just never disappointed from the debut right through to "Hope" - no matter what musical style they played.

I know it's a dull answer, but I'd have to go with HAREM SCAREM. Aside from the odd lapse in quality ("Voice of Reason") I'd always buy their discs by-sight as they just never disappointed from the debut right through to "Hope" - no matter what musical style they played.

Yep ! That was the first band that came to my mind as well. What they have achieved is stunning !

Tesla have had a pretty good run, though only 6 original studio albums in 23 years is not a huge output. I would agree with Harem Scarem having one of the most consistently good discographies around as well.

When I saw this thread the first band I thought of was Tesla.

Another band I could go with is Black N Blue. Although they haven't released a new disc since 88 I believe those four discs were all so damn good and ver consistent IMO.

Warrior Soul

W.A.S.P.

Savatage

Iron Maiden (barring the Blaze Bayley years)

This is not "Who is your favourite band or artist" but who you think has "been the most consistently good" band or artist over a long period of time whether they are still going or not ??????

Mine would be THUNDER........IMO ,they have never failed to deliver :tumbsup:

I've got to agree with Dave on this....Thunder is my first pick as well...... :tumbsup:

Quireboys

:lol: I like your spin on this thread, but dude, if we were going to list all the bands that are consistently terrible we'd be here for years.

Anyway, I agree with a few here - Harem Scarem and Tesla are about the top of the pick for me.

I also have to agree with Bob mentioning Treat - they never let me down over all 5 CDs. And Danger Danger. 'Dawn' is the best sell-out CD from any band, imo, and all 6 other studio releases are almost flawless to me.

Quireboys

:lol: I like your spin on this thread, but dude, if we were going to list all the bands that are consistently terrible we'd be here for years.

LoL. Well then, when I start the 'Consistently Lame Shit Band' thread, I'll be sure to list STEEL PANTHER over on that one just for you. :nyanya:

Quireboys

LoL. Well then, when I start the 'Consistently Lame Shit Band' thread, I'll be sure to list STEEL PANTHER over on that one just for you. :nyanya:

Even with the various names of the band so far they only have about 15 or 16 songs released so what would your basis for such a comment be? They have one CD of excellent songs where you only dislike the lyrics because you're a too conservative for rock n'roll, wheras Quireboys have a discography and decades worth of worthless crap. ;):lol:

Saga

19 studio albums and only 1 I would call very average (Pleasure And Pain') and maybe 2 below their usual standard. Phenomenal band and back catologue

Cheap Trick

A dip in the 80's with 'Next Position Please' and 'The Doctor' which were both very bog average, plus a few odd songs scattered throughout the next few albums. Otherwise damned consistent , especially the 8 albums from earlier years (The debut in '77 to 'One On One in '82). Nice to see them really back on form with the last 2 albums aswell, so they are far from over yet.

Y&T

Excluding the 2 albums when they were Yesterday And Today (which ain't too bad if truth be kown), then this band fits the consistency heading completely. 'Earthshaker' thru 'Black Tiger' 'Meanstreak' 'In Rock We Trust' and 'Down For The Count' are all pretty much flawless discs. 'Contagious' and 'Ten' were good, strong efforts and only 'Musically Incorrect' and 'Endangered Species' are what I would call really average. Even the 2 'Unearthed' discs were full of gems and they were all leftovers.

Toto

I know I am bias, but no denying the quality of this bands back catologue if you're into the whole Westcoast/AOR thing. The debut through to 'The Seventh One' are nearly flawless rock albums, that cover many styles and of their peers, there is seriously no one better at doing this stuff period. 'Kingdom Of Desire' 'Tambu' and 'Mindfields all had filler, but were still good albums overall, but 'Falling In Between' was a killer and will probably be their swansong now they have split.

I'm going to catch alot of shit for this one but the band that comes to mind is Nickelback.

I'm going to catch alot of shit for this one but the band that comes to mind is Nickelback.

Nickelback ?? Compared to bands such as Thunder, Kansas and Harem Scarem ?? Interesting ............... !