Most Consistent Band Over A Long Period

Dave

I'm going to catch alot of shit for this one but the band that comes to mind is Nickelback.

Nickelback ?? Compared to bands such as Thunder, Kansas and Harem Scarem ?? Interesting ............... !

Yeah, I'd really have to disagree. Although we're obviously talking a different style of worth, these are all pretty good CDs:

Silver Side Up (2001)

The Long Road (2003)

All the Right Reasons (2005)

Dark Horse (2008)

But imo those first two have a lot of fillers. But what about these two, which pretty much suck completely:

Curb (1996)

The State (1998)

Yeah, to each their own but if you ask me their discography - to date - has far more fillers than gems. Plus it has Chad Kroeger's voice.

I'm going to catch alot of shit for this one but the band that comes to mind is Nickelback.

Nickelback ?? Compared to bands such as Thunder, Kansas and Harem Scarem ?? Interesting ............... !

I'm not a fan of Thunder. HS is OK. I don't like everything they released. And Kansas to me was very hit and miss. Nickelback for the last 7-8 years or so have been releasing excellent material. And I don't mind Chad Kroeger's voice. It's no different that any shitty sleaze rock vocal. It's all personal preference.

• 4 weeks later...
JORN

starfire

worldchanger

out to every nation

the duke

lonely are the brave

unlocking the past

spirit black

Mmm, I love Jorn, but some of those albums are pretty patchy.

Worldchanger is the only real classic album.

JORN

starfire

worldchanger

out to every nation

the duke

lonely are the brave

unlocking the past

spirit black

Mmm, I love Jorn, but some of those albums are pretty patchy.

Worldchanger is the only real classic album.

I'd call him consistent, even if he does bore me in places. He rarely records an awful song... it's just trying to find too many killers which is the problem, imo. But yeah, I'd call him consistent at least.

I guess it depends on what you mean by consistent....

If you mean "true to their original sound" I'd go with Lillian Axe. Even with a change in singers the material remains strong and very much in line with the earlier releases. And I might add... all very strong releases in my opinion.

If by consistent you mean "releasing one great recording after another" my pick is Joan Jett and the Blackhearts. Though no longer a popular artist in the eyes of the general public, The Blackhearts seem to get better with each release which spans over 25 years now.

Warrior Soul

W.A.S.P.

Savatage

Iron Maiden (barring the Blaze Bayley years)

I would agree with that.. Except for the KFD Album WASP always delivers!!! :headbanger:

I would also have to mention..

AC/DC

Nickelback.. Hey Geoff?? While The Slate is NOT thir best album?? It's not all that bad either... The songs "Breathe" "Leader of Men"and "Digging This" Are all good....

Hammerfall

Primal Fear

Helloween.. Ok Minus Chameleon and Pik Bubbles Go Ape...

Sepultura.. Well until Max left....

Twisted Sister... Maybe minus Love is For Suckers. though I DO like most of that album....

Metallica.. Well up until the Black Album....

If you mean "true to their original sound" I'd go with Lillian Axe. Even with a change in singers the material remains strong and very much in line with the earlier releases. And I might add... all very strong releases in my opinion.

Wow mate... not sure you'd get many people to agree with you there. As a gigantic Lillian Axe fan I don't think they've released a good CD without Ron Taylor in the band. In fact, I saw 'Waters Rising' on Secondspin (!!!) for $7.99 with 30% off and free shipping and whatever discounts they throw at you and I still couldn't bring myself to actually buy it. :( Whereas I'd give my left nut for their debut.

Poison actually were consistently awesome arguably up to and including 'Crack a smile'. Obviously there is not doubt the wheels fell off in the most severely blatant fashion at the time of the release of 'Hollyweird' (and even 'Power to the people' to a degree). But if you ask me, from 1986 to 1993 (still not the hugest fan of 'Crack a smile' personally, even though most fans LOVE that CD) I think they were very consistent - in an excellent way.

Poison actually were consistently awesome arguably up to and including 'Crack a smile'. Obviously there is not doubt the wheels fell off in the most severely blatant fashion at the time of the release of 'Hollyweird' (and even 'Power to the people' to a degree). But if you ask me, from 1986 to 1993 (still not the hugest fan of 'Crack a smile' personally, even though most fans LOVE that CD) I think they were very consistent - in an excellent way.

In that time period, they consistently sold records and lots of them. On that note they were a success. To say consistently good....well thats another story. :whistle:

In that time period, they consistently sold records and lots of them. On that note they were a success. To say consistently good....well thats another story. :whistle:

I love every track on the debut, 'Unskinny Bop' is the only filler on 'Flesh and Blood', 'Stand' is the only filler on 'Native tongue', 'Souls on fire' is the only filler amongst 3 other perfect new tracks on 'Swallow this live' and the only kind of patchy disc is really 'Open up and say ah'. I personally like every song on that album and truly don't believe it has any fillers, but there are a few of their weaker songs on that CD.

I honestly rate them as one of my favourite bands ever and that is mostly because of how consistent they were in their prime. If it's not your style of music you won't like any of it, but if it is your type of music there's no doubt they kicked ass.

• 4 weeks later...