new Bon Jovi

66 mustang

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never been a fan of acoustic versions of rock songs so I will wait for the full on version before I comment :unsure:

I think the song has some potention, not a bad structure. But if it's anywhere near this version I'd say no thanks. They need to come harder.

Backed, with electric guitars this has the potential to become a hit. I hope they don't turn it into a country song!

Where's Sambora's two cents on this? I figured he would've been the first reply, spraying the wee-wee of joy all over the board ... :)

ah dont worry Keef, i saw the vid the day it was upped :P

just didnt see any reason to post, you all know what i think of it anyway :P

and no, it wont be country, theyve done their country album and are moving on now....it could be folk, funk, hip hop, jazz etc, but it wont be country :)

This was one of my favorite bands in the 80's. Sadly, what they have put out this decade I think is crap. Last album of theirs I enjoyed was Crush. Everything after that has been emotionless rubbish as far as I'm concerned.

first single off new album

http://bonjovi.com/bonjovi/splash/

Could someone pm an mp3 of this to me please? i heard a shitty recording of it and liked what i heard...really wanna hear a high quality version tho....but i cant stream anything cause im on my psp atm and cant get to the computer for awhile :(

Wasn't expecting anything this soon. :christmas: Nice tune, definitely better than anything we heard in a long long time. Still, I miss something once again. Must be the great choruses of the 80's, the synths, the in your face Hard Rock and Jon and Richie's abilities in writing a wow song altogether. This still sounds a little too much like a standard Rock, Country Pop crossover song for my likings.

Wasn't expecting anything this soon. :christmas: Nice tune, definitely better than anything we heard in a long long time. Still, I miss something once again. Must be the great choruses of the 80's, the synths, the in your face Hard Rock and Jon and Richie's abilities in writing a wow song altogether. This still sounds a little too much like a standard Rock, Country Pop crossover song for my likings.

What makes it country? it sounds like a cross between Have A Nice Day and Undivided off of Bounce.....both Bounce and HAND were pretty rocky compared to their other albums of the last 10 years....

i get that Lost Highway is pretty country, but i dont see it at all in this song...

and im looking forward to this!! its not gonna be another New Jersey or even Keep The Faith, but if its like Bounce then ill be happy, i still love that record :)

you gotta wonder tho, if they recorded the songs that they cut from New Jersey when they went from a double album down to a single album, how succesful would that new album be? New Jersey Pt 2....they have enough great unreleased songs from the 80s, i think they should go back into the vaults and make an album out of them (one that isnt a box set)

That's more like it. I dig that. Good tune.

Backed.........cant see why people moan about BJ. Pretty decent tune to these ears. Hope the album is good.

What makes it country? it sounds like a cross between Have A Nice Day and Undivided off of Bounce.....both Bounce and HAND were pretty rocky compared to their other albums of the last 10 years....

i get that Lost Highway is pretty country, but i dont see it at all in this song...

and im looking forward to this!! its not gonna be another New Jersey or even Keep The Faith, but if its like Bounce then ill be happy, i still love that record :)

you gotta wonder tho, if they recorded the songs that they cut from New Jersey when they went from a double album down to a single album, how succesful would that new album be? New Jersey Pt 2....they have enough great unreleased songs from the 80s, i think they should go back into the vaults and make an album out of them (one that isnt a box set)

The aspect I'm not too fond of is that it's still a little too generic for my honest likings. Regardless of hearing a Country influence or not. Fair enough, they've always had that to a certain extend without taking anything away from the Hard Rock. I guess what I miss most is the Rock, or rather the high quality standard in the songs. That's where the other influences become more apparent, more dominant for me. Mind you, all that is definitely more present here than anything in a long long time, yet still not exactly 80's quality Bon Jovi. It's a decent song, but Bon Jovi used to wow people, myself included with their amazing song craftmanship. Granted, it is a definite first step in the right direction. B)

It is my vision that New Jersey part 2 would be pretty darn successful though, only with the proper promo. Doesn't have to be the exact same, but just trademark Bon Jovi with all the great unique songs they used to write. It's just that the industry needs to get behind them. The label needs to promote so the music will reach the right audiences. I give you there are a hella lot more people interested in good music than the crap that passes for it today. They are ignored. The Pop Rap industry which has Hard Rock acts either go soft or Alternative only appeals to a select amount of people. It's what you see back in the sales. It used to be so much more, despite the digital age often used as excuse. I foresee a return sometime soon. Mass appeal = major sales. And it's all in the quality of a good song.

I'll support this song though, I like it. I shouldn't be too hard on them either. That's more me being perfectionistic, always looking for the absolute best. It's like I said a decent song, and better than just about anything in the current industry.

I like this new one! I also didn't mind Lost Highway either although can't say I've listened to it a lot.

Lost Highway was just easy-listening background music to me... maybe a bit too "easy listening" but I didn't think it was that horrible :anon:

Because it wasn't. :) Sure it's not their best album ever, but it wasn't that bad. I quite like quite a few songs off it to be honest.