new Bon Jovi

66 mustang

tbh, both HAND and LH were albums that i counted the days till their release and went out and bought as soon as they hit the shelves....did i like them? of course! did i listen to them numerous times after purchasing? yup....was i happy with them? as much as could be expected....but, do i still listen to either of them? not really....i think Feel The Still has more longevity...

i hope this is their standout album for the decade...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this new one! I also didn't mind Lost Highway either although can't say I've listened to it a lot.

Lost Highway was just easy-listening background music to me... maybe a bit too "easy listening" but I didn't think it was that horrible :anon:

Agreed, also agree with much of what Mike is saying. As a melodic rock musician who's album dynamics were modeled after "New Jersey" I am only too fond of anything that will bring the appeal of good commercial rock back to the masses!

Heres the tracklisting:

Can I Be Happy Now?

We Weren't Born to Follow

Selfish

(Back From) Another Tragedy

The Truth

Just Like Friends

Drivin'

Never Again

Work for the Working Man

All I Want to Know

7 Oceans

Tomorrow

looks to be the same sorta fare as the last few albums, all rather "mature" song titles...

I hope to get promo of the full album sometime next month, the track listing has got me very excited :beerbang::beerbang::beerbang:

i envy you :P

although tbh, im already pretty bored of We Werent Born To Follow and i only heard it yesterday :unsure:

yet im still listening to the new Creed and Kiss songs alot.....its a shame, i hope the rest of the new album wont be the same story :(

Heres the tracklisting:

How fitting that song title is.... :whistle::lol:

The new single is just okay for me. It doesn't suck, but it's certainly not "Livin' On A Prayer" material.

While I've LONG given up on Bon Jovi recapturing the energy and dynamic that was their first four albums, I was hoping they wouldn't write a new Keith Urban album (again), and although the twang is absent, I think that's exactly what we have here.

I'll spin (yes, the vinyl) of Slippery and New Jersey once again this weekend and remember what it was like when I was young and music was good.

• 1 month later...
Heres the tracklisting:

Can I Be Happy Now?

Selfish

The Truth

Just Like Friends

Drivin'

Never Again

Work for the Working Man

All I Want to Know

7 Oceans

Tomorrow

looks to be the same sorta fare as the last few albums, all rather "mature" song titles...

ok, ignore that, some crock of shit internet rumours apparently, heres the new tracklisting:

When We Were Beautiful

Work for the Working Man

Superman Tonight

Bullet

Thorn in My Side

Live Before You Die

Broken Promiseland

Love's the Only Rule

Fast Cars

Happy Now

Learn to Love

i hope songs like Fast Cars, Thorn In My Side and Bullet are big rock songs that are pretty much literal and not "You're love is a thorn in my side" kinda stuff.....but then again, Bad Medicine rocked so even if it is it could still be awesome :D

can you confirm this tracklisting MRoz?

Am trying to remember the last time this band wrote a good song.... What year was the "Keep The Faith" album?

Am trying to remember the last time this band wrote a good song.... What year was the "Keep The Faith" album?

1993, but you only need to go back one year, my good man.

2008 - 'Any Other Day' and 'The Last Night'.

Yeah I think people are way too harsh on recent Bon Jovi. They've had plenty of great tunes on their more recent albums. Especially on Have A Nice Day and Lost Highway, both quite good albums IMO.

Yeah I think people are way too harsh on recent Bon Jovi. They've had plenty of great tunes on their more recent albums. Especially on Have A Nice Day and Lost Highway, both quite good albums IMO.

When you say 'quite good', you mean in a bargain-bin novelty-value-only kinda way? Neither album was horrible, but neither had any killer songs or big hooks or anything to warrant them being played more than once or twice IMO.

When you say 'quite good', you mean in a bargain-bin novelty-value-only kinda way? Neither album was horrible, but neither had any killer songs or big hooks or anything to warrant them being played more than once or twice IMO.

No I have to disagree with you. Both of those albums I mentioned have had many repeated listens in my player. When I say 'quite good' I guess I mean, good enough to stay in my CD collection and both have at least 4-5 great songs. IMO.

Wasn't expecting anything this soon. :christmas: Nice tune, definitely better than anything we heard in a long long time. Still, I miss something once again. Must be the great choruses of the 80's, the synths, the in your face Hard Rock and Jon and Richie's abilities in writing a wow song altogether. This still sounds a little too much like a standard Rock, Country Pop crossover song for my likings.

What makes it country? it sounds like a cross between Have A Nice Day and Undivided off of Bounce.....both Bounce and HAND were pretty rocky compared to their other albums of the last 10 years....

i get that Lost Highway is pretty country, but i dont see it at all in this song...

and im looking forward to this!! its not gonna be another New Jersey or even Keep The Faith, but if its like Bounce then ill be happy, i still love that record :)

you gotta wonder tho, if they recorded the songs that they cut from New Jersey when they went from a double album down to a single album, how succesful would that new album be? New Jersey Pt 2....they have enough great unreleased songs from the 80s, i think they should go back into the vaults and make an album out of them (one that isnt a box set)

I totally agree with you!If they release their 80's demos,we're gonna have the best album of this decate!

For the record, KEEP THE FAITH was released November 4, 1992... Same day as the presidential election. I remember that day as if it were yesterday.

I hated the outcome of the election, and hated the album at first as well.

The album grew on me... the President never did.

Looking back now, I wish Bon Jovi would release another album as good as KTF, and I wish Billy was in office rather than the Messiah.

Enough on that, I don't want to wrinkle any feathers :)

I just listened to all the clips from the new album "The Circle". Ummm.....no thanks. Seriously Jon....seriously? This is what you think the fans want to hear? I'm getting tired of like two good tracks and a bunch of fluff on these albums. Oh well, I can't say I had my hopes up anyway.

I just listened to all the clips from the new album "The Circle". Ummm.....no thanks. Seriously Jon....seriously? This is what you think the fans want to hear? I'm getting tired of like two good tracks and a bunch of fluff on these albums. Oh well, I can't say I had my hopes up anyway.

I haven't heard the new samples yet, but I agree with your comment completely about having one or two good songs then a bunch of shit none of fans who were in high school in 1986 care about.

I've said it before, and I think I'm 100% correct... Bon Jovi doesn't really care about us 1986'ers anymore. We're not the ones buying the t-shirts at the shows... Jon is aiming to please the soccer-mom crowd, and I think he's doing a pretty good job with that, so bully for him I guess.

I'll buy the new album because I do enjoy WE WEREN'T BORN TO FOLLOW and I want to hear it on my home system and not from some overly compressed MP3... although the CD is probably brick-walled too :(

"Can't pretend nothing's changed.". I think that line about sums up where Bon Jovi is as a band right now. Victims of Pop culture, and how it got to them. The power, the energy of rocking a good tune is long gone. On par with the rest of Bon Jovi's 00's output for me. It's not bad, a few decent tunes, but nothing really stands out as it did in the past. The band they once were did not make this record.

When we look back at 1986 when Bon Jovi first hit the mainstream we see the music sold was of a superior quality, comparing it to this decade's Pop Rap industry where Rock bands like Bon Jovi are holding back their guns. This given makes today's music and its impact going down. Music no longer sells, and it's not rocket science to figure out the reason why.

I'll await the whole thing for a final verdict. IMO.