Thoughts on FARCRY

I just would like to take the time to tell all that Pete, Mark and the Boys kicked some serious ass at Dakota Rock Fest! From the opener to the end it was a stellar show. I was honored to have been there. Mark is a great showman and of course Pete shreds the six string. Hold your heads high guys because you kicked it. Great show!

Don't forget about Ronnie! And Angelo! And of course Tommy! Damn it was great to meet and hang out with all of those guys and to get to see them rock it up at Dakota Rock Fest! Great memories indeed and South Dakota invites FarCry back with open arms and raised beers again next year!!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just would like to take the time to tell all that Pete, Mark and the Boys kicked some serious ass at Dakota Rock Fest! From the opener to the end it was a stellar show. I was honored to have been there. Mark is a great showman and of course Pete shreds the six string. Hold your heads high guys because you kicked it. Great show!

Don't forget about Ronnie! And Angelo! And of course Tommy! Damn it was great to meet and hang out with all of those guys and to get to see them rock it up at Dakota Rock Fest! Great memories indeed and South Dakota invites FarCry back with open arms and raised beers again next year!!

Absolutely! I'll be there!!!! I would bet the beerbarrow will make an appearance for three years in a row too!

What is the deal, I went to purchase this on Amazon and it's not available til August 11th. I guess I'll have to wait a couple of more weeks to get it, got to help Pete make those sweet ass Saab payments. :tumbsup:

Sadly, the only purchases that benefit me directly are the ones through farcryband.net. However if you don't have PayPal I totally understand. :)

Absolutely! I'll be there!!!! I would bet the beerbarrow will make an appearance for three years in a row too!

Hey believe me, as far as FarCry is concerned YOU guys rock! Also thanks for accepting my friend Mike and his son into the fold, he had an awesome time!

Hey believe me, as far as FarCry is concerned YOU guys rock! Also thanks for accepting my friend Mike and his son into the fold, he had an awesome time!

Mike and Rob are awesome and it was great getting to meet them.

Here's :drink: to next year.

Hey Pete, you got Australian dates lined up yet? :):wub:

Haha, I wish! If you know a promoter that would be interested in working that out with us, I'm all ears!

Pete, you guys should team up with Bombay Black on the midwest tour they are trying to get lined up. :tumbsup:

Haha, I wish! If you know a promoter that would be interested in working that out with us, I'm all ears!

Pete, you guys should team up with Bombay Black on the midwest tour they are trying to get lined up. :tumbsup:

Yes and I hope they can come to Rapid City or even into Wyoming.

I still need to get some clubs in that area to Ty in BB.

Yes and I hope they can come to Rapid City or even into Wyoming.

I still need to get some clubs in that area to Ty in BB.

Wes, I talked to Court, she couldn't think of any in Rapid, but thought some club called the Loud American Roadhouse (I think) in Sturgis would be a good place to play. She was going to let you know when she gets back to Rapid today.

What is the deal, I went to purchase this on Amazon and it's not available til August 11th. I guess I'll have to wait a couple of more weeks to get it, got to help Pete make those sweet ass Saab payments. :tumbsup:

Sadly, the only purchases that benefit me directly are the ones through farcryband.net. However if you don't have PayPal I totally understand. :)

Oh I have Paypal. Let me go to the band site and order one.

OK done. I expect that autograph to be legible, not some chicken scratch baseball signature. ;)

OK done. I expect that autograph to be legible, not some chicken scratch baseball signature. ;)

Haha, I was wondering who the "Bob" was that just placed an order! No worries, my signature is extremely legible m'man, and seriously thank you!

Haha, I was wondering who the "Bob" was that just placed an order! No worries, my signature is extremely legible m'man, and seriously thank you!

I almost put "Your biggest fan Horsecock Johnson" but I was nice. You da man.

i hate to nitpick about this but i never got my signed booklet or poster :( its a shame because i prefer this album to the Rockarma one (even if Pete and i arent exactly best friends atm :P)

still, im stil spinning this occasionally although admittedly not much as the Steel Panther album, but then ive only had that one for a couple of months :P

Have you contacted the label about this?

To be honest i havent, i didnt want to bother John over something so small....you know how it is, end up looking like a petty little guy who's always squawking about what went wrong :P

now posting it in this here thread whilst also giving my second opinion of the album is a different story, im not causing as much of a fuss about the whole thing :P

and ive had a song stuck in my head for the last 2 days, i think its a FarCry song but im not sure....really must spin High Gear AGAIN, its already been in and out of my player all week :P

If it will be an acceptable substitute, give me your address and I will sign one myself and send it to you.

FYI it is ALWAYS a bigger deal when you post something on a PUBLIC message board as opposed to privately contacting the responsible party, at least in my opinion which is no doubt flawed.

You da man Pete, the disc came today looking forward to listening to it on the way into work tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...
Ok, I've only played the CD twice but so far I love it and in particular the later part of the album really stands out for me. Love the baking vocals, love the guitar solos, some nice lyrics, not much I can complain about here. Also a great job on the packaging which is good to see.

Fav tracks in order:

1. Same Mistake (Brilliant tune!!!)

2. Fine Line

3. Those Were The Days

4. Love Won't Wait

5. Talk To Me

6. She's Crazy

To be honest when I first opened the booklet and saw there was a song called 'Talk To Me' which was credited to another artist I was really hoping it would be a cover of 'Talk To Me' by Rat Bat Blue - love that song! Love this one too!

I really think track 9 'Same Mistake' is under rated, haven't seen a lot of comments about it.

Many spins later and I have to move 'She's Crazy' up to 3rd place - loving that song!!

Ok, I've only played the CD twice but so far I love it and in particular the later part of the album really stands out for me. Love the baking vocals, love the guitar solos, some nice lyrics, not much I can complain about here. Also a great job on the packaging which is good to see.

Fav tracks in order:

2. Fine Line

3. Those Were The Days

4. Love Won't Wait

5. Talk To Me

6. She's Crazy

To be honest when I first opened the booklet and saw there was a song called 'Talk To Me' which was credited to another artist I was really hoping it would be a cover of 'Talk To Me' by Rat Bat Blue - love that song! Love this one too!

I really think track 9 'Same Mistake' is under rated, haven't seen a lot of comments about it.

Many spins later and I have to move 'She's Crazy' up to 3rd place - loving that song!!

I have to admit, that was a grower for me too, but it's definitely one of the ones I like to show people now. :-)

You da man Pete, the disc came today looking forward to listening to it on the way into work tomorrow.

Sorry for the delayed response Bob, I hope you liked it!

Fav tracks in order:

2. Fine Line

3. Those Were The Days

4. Love Won't Wait

5. Talk To Me

6. She's Crazy

I have to admit, that was a grower for me too, but it's definitely one of the ones I like to show people now. :-)

Sorry for the delayed response Bob, I hope you liked it!

Oh yeah I liked it another great release from you. Is it me...your playing sounds much more fluent and relaxed on this one.

Oh yeah I liked it another great release from you. Is it me...your playing sounds much more fluent and relaxed on this one.

:lol: The secret is that I actually played all the guitars on this one, on Rockarma the only thing I played were the solos on tracks 1 and 5. I didn't even play the rhythm guitars, I was kind of a late addition to the band. :(

:lol: The secret is that I actually played all the guitars on this one, on Rockarma the only thing I played were the solos on tracks 1 and 5. I didn't even play the rhythm guitars, I was kind of a late addition to the band. :(

You did a helluva job, sounds more polished.

You did a helluva job, sounds more polished.

Thanks man, very cool that you noticed a difference! :drink:

• 3 months later...

No idea why it took me so long to pick this one up. Just arrived today.

Wow! I had no idea what I was missing!

GREAT CD!!! :headbanger:

My favorite songs so far are:

1 - Those Were the Days

2 - She's Crazy

3 - Nowhere Fast (although lead vocal seems strained at times. Did anyone else notice this?)

4 - Love Won't Wait

About my only complaint is the mess up with the song order.

No clunkers at all.

Although I like Rockarma a great deal, there is a chance this one may be even better.

Excellent, without a doubt. :guitbannana:

If anyone else out there has also foolishly delayed getting this, BUY IT NOW as a personal Christmas present! :christmas: You will not be disappointed.