Thoughts on FARCRY

NEH Records Top 30 Sellers for April 2009

1. Hardline - Leaving The End Open

2. Sunstorm - House Of Dreams

3. Alias - Never Say Never

4. Icon - An Even More Perfect Union

5. Impellitteri - Wicked Maiden

6. Farcry - High Gear

Normally I'd be unhappy that we weren't higher on the list but looking at who's ahead of us, not too bad! :D

Also considering that most of your orders came through Kivel and Myspace and as you said the big names up there I'd say that #6 is really good for a brand new band. :headbanger:

Brand new? I got the impression this CD was in the works for the last 17 years! :lol:

Well, it's brand new like "Chinese Democracy" is brand new... ;)

Difference is, "Chinese Democracy" kind of sucks.

Whereas FarCry totally sucks? ;)

No, no, no, you misunderstand...FarCry doesn't totally suck, just the guitarist does. ;)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6. Farcry - High Gear

Normally I'd be unhappy that we weren't higher on the list but looking at who's ahead of us, not too bad! :D

Also considering that most of your orders came through Kivel and Myspace and as you said the big names up there I'd say that #6 is really good for a brand new band. :headbanger:

Brand new? I got the impression this CD was in the works for the last 17 years! :lol:

No, no, no, you misunderstand...FarCry doesn't totally suck, just the guitarist does. ;)

:lol: Oh okay, that makes much more sense, thanks for clearing that up for me.... ;)

6. Farcry - High Gear

:lol: Oh okay, that makes much more sense, thanks for clearing that up for me.... ;)

He's nothing more than a CC Deville wanna be. :lol:

6. Farcry - High Gear

He's nothing more than a CC Deville wanna be. :lol:

Pfffff...I have heard the dude play. He's no CC.... :lol:

Great album !! :headbanger: Allthough, after a few spins I still haven't made up my mind, which one I prefer. This one or Rockarma - Bring it!. In any case Pete's guitar playing is awesome ! :drink:

My faves in no specific order are: Fine Line, Have it all, Heaven and She's crazy.

• 4 weeks later...
friend of mine got his today and basicly said BEST CD THIS YEAR.

Any of friend of yours is a friend of mine, especially after that post! ;)

And thanks Bernd, I'm glad you like it! :drink:

• 2 weeks later...

I got this a few days as an early birthday present and I'm liking it a lot. Guitar pick in the CD was a nice touch as well :)

Still need more listens, but for now Nowhere Fast is my fave then 'Those Were the days' - so catchy and summery feeling, makes you smile.

Out of Reach I thought was going to be a bit boppy for me, with the start of the "nah nah nah" thing, but it changes into melodlic bliss and it all works.

Lovin this guys voice.

Still need more listens, but for now Nowhere Fast is my fave then 'Those Were the days' - so catchy and summery feeling, makes you smile.

Lovin this guys voice.

These are my two favorites also. I love this dude's voice too and feel that at times he sounds like Eddie Smith, especially on Nowhere Fast.

Lovin this guys voice.

These are my two favorites also. I love this dude's voice too and feel that at times he sounds like Eddie Smith, especially on Nowhere Fast.

Okay, I hate to reveal my lack of knowledge... who's Eddie Smith? I've heard comparisons to Kal Swan, Graham Bonnet, and a few others, but this is a new one. :)

Lovin this guys voice.

Okay, I hate to reveal my lack of knowledge... who's Eddie Smith? I've heard comparisons to Kal Swan, Graham Bonnet, and a few others, but this is a new one. :)

Lead singer of Madd Margritt

Lovin this guys voice.

That's right, I remember you mentioning that before, I wondered why it sounded familiar!

Lovin this guys voice.

That's right, I remember you mentioning that before, I wondered why it sounded familiar!

The coke is fucking with your memory

Lovin this guys voice.

The coke is fucking with your memory

Yeah but the midget strippers have great "short" term memory... hahahahahaha... ha...

Lovin this guys voice.

What about the dude from Bombay Black? I know there are a few backing vocals from him which may cloud my view, but I also think there are a few times where he really sounds like him.

I love this dude's voice too and feel that at times he sounds like Eddie Smith, especially on Nowhere Fast.

yep you're right about the MM comparison, was one of my first thoughts with the voice :)

I had it om shuffle. the first few times through i thought it was MM. Not just "it kinda sound like them"

• 1 month later...

i hate to nitpick about this but i never got my signed booklet or poster :( its a shame because i prefer this album to the Rockarma one (even if Pete and i arent exactly best friends atm :P)

still, im stil spinning this occasionally although admittedly not much as the Steel Panther album, but then ive only had that one for a couple of months :P

Question for John or Pete:

Is there a chance of there being another pressing of this disc with the track order being correct on the back insert?

backed....well confusing. great disc tho :tumbsup:

i hate to nitpick about this but i never got my signed booklet or poster :( its a shame because i prefer this album to the Rockarma one (even if Pete and i arent exactly best friends atm :P)

still, im stil spinning this occasionally although admittedly not much as the Steel Panther album, but then ive only had that one for a couple of months :P

Have you contacted the label about this?

I played it just the other day in the car - since I got it it's been getting plenty of plays ...this time spurred on by the fact that Wes and the the gang went to the show and saw the band.

So to compensate for this I cut out little cardboard figures of Pete and the rest of the band and stuck them on the dashboard and blasted High Gear out, it was a nice day (for once) and we rocked the motorway. It was just like being at the gig! :bananamac:

I played it just the other day in the car - since I got it it's been getting plenty of plays ...this time spurred on by the fact that Wes and the the gang went to the show and saw the band.

So to compensate for this I cut out little cardboard figures of Pete and the rest of the band and stuck them on the dashboard and blasted High Gear out, it was a nice day (for once) and we rocked the motorway. It was just like being at the gig! :bananamac:

And with wind blowing the figures about, they probably were more fun to watch than us anyway... ;)

I just would like to take the time to tell all that Pete, Mark and the Boys kicked some serious ass at Dakota Rock Fest! From the opener to the end it was a stellar show. I was honored to have been there. Mark is a great showman and of course Pete shreds the six string. Hold your heads high guys because you kicked it. Great show!