Thoughts on FARCRY

Still waiting for my copy to arrive.. :crying:

Me too...hoping my copy arrives today. Can't wait to check it out!

Eric I think you ordered it from me and mine shipped Monday, so you should have it today.

Matt, I can't remember if you ordered from me or from Kivel, he shipped Friday, I shipped Monday so either way you should have it any second. :)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love every single song on this album! :headbanger:

(Full disclosure--I haven't actually gotten the CD in the mail yet, but I'm pretty confident the above is still true.)

It's coming my friend, I packed and shipped it myself!

Awesome! Thanks Pete, I'll keep an eye out for it today or tomorrow! :)

Eric I think you ordered it from me and mine shipped Monday, so you should have it today.

Matt, I can't remember if you ordered from me or from Kivel, he shipped Friday, I shipped Monday so either way you should have it any second. :)

I ordered from Kivel, but forwarded you the order confirmation (I think to make sure I got a signed copy). No big deal...just anxious to hear it. Thanks for the info.

I ordered from Kivel, but forwarded you the order confirmation (I think to make sure I got a signed copy). No big deal...just anxious to hear it. Thanks for the info.

Hello Chocularok

Email me the info on your order and i will double check when yours shipped. I would guess that if you havent gotten it yet, it would be arriving by this weekend the latest.

Thank You

John

KIVEL RECORDS

Damn this thing is GOOD! John, you've got yourself a winner with this one! The timing on the release is damn near perfect, because it's just in time for warmer weather and crankin' kickass rock in the car with the windows rolled down. And this is the perfect album for that!

Time to pick my favorite tracks: "Love Won't Wait", "Fine Line", "Heaven", "Out Of Reach" (really love this one!) and "Nowhere Fast". A few nights ago I woke up with "Fine Line" in my head, and that was from just hearing the soundbytes. But "Out Of Reach" really surprised the hell out of me...Outstanding tune!

Great work Pete! (me at DRF when FarCry goes on----> :beerbang: )

Hey BT

Thanks for the kind words on the new release. ALL of us busted our ass to bring the BEST cd possible. We couldnt be happier with the results AND public feedback. THANK YOU on behalf of myself, Ty and the band. We are already working on album two if you can believe it! LOL. FARCRY is already set to (hopefully) go back into the studio in sept to start work on album two. ALSO if you are attending the bands set at South Dakota, then you will be happy to know that they will be performing HIGH GEAR in its entirity, from begining to end!! So there will be no chance of anyone not hearing thier fave FARCRY tune!! Keep the comments coming and thanks to everyone for showing this new band so much love out of the gate.

Thank You

John

KIVEL RECORDS

I ordered mine way back through the Kivel site and haven't gotten it yet either. Does ordering through the site mean mine won't be signed?

Preorders should be autographed by the full band. :)

ALSO if you are attending the bands set at South Dakota, then you will be happy to know that they will be performing HIGH GEAR in its entirity, from begining to end!! So there will be no chance of anyone not hearing their fave FARCRY tune!! Keep the comments coming and thanks to everyone for showing this new band so much love out of the gate.

Thank You

John

KIVEL RECORDS

:bowdown: I will be there, and that is AWESOME news!!!! Thanks John!

ALSO if you are attending the bands set at South Dakota, then you will be happy to know that they will be performing HIGH GEAR in its entirity, from begining to end!! So there will be no chance of anyone not hearing their fave FARCRY tune!! Keep the comments coming and thanks to everyone for showing this new band so much love out of the gate.

Thank You

John

KIVEL RECORDS

No problem!! After a few discussion. Pete and myself felt that we should give something a lil extra at the show. The response has been so great, and in such a short time as well. It's taken us by surprise, and blown us all away. So we started talking yesterday, and we thought- hey why not just do the entire album!

Lets not worry about what song to cut etc. We may not get a chance to do the entire cd again. Plus knowing alot of the HH crew will be on hand. We felt with all these factors, It all made sense. Only draw back is Pete has to relearn the ENTIRE album while i sit in the vip tent drinking with you guys. LOL. Honestly i dont have it that easy. i wish. I think i sat down once last year in SD. LOL.

So now let me ask this...... FARCRY tshirts? should i or shouldnt i? hmmmmm.....

Keep the comments coming folks!

JK

Thank You

John

KIVEL RECORDS

No problem!! After a few discussion. Pete and myself felt that we should give something a lil extra at the show. The response has been so great, and in such a short time as well. It's taken us by surprise, and blown us all away. So we started talking yesterday, and we thought- hey why not just do the entire album!

Lets not worry about what song to cut etc. We may not get a chance to do the entire cd again. Plus knowing alot of the HH crew will be on hand. We felt with all these factors, It all made sense. Only draw back is Pete has to relearn the ENTIRE album while i sit in the vip tent drinking with you guys. LOL. Honestly i dont have it that easy. i wish. I think i sat down once last year in SD. LOL.

So now let me ask this...... FARCRY tshirts? should i or shouldnt i? hmmmmm.....

JK

T-shirts would be awesome! Wait... do I get a vote? :(

I ordered mine way back through the Kivel site and haven't gotten it yet either. Does ordering through the site mean mine won't be signed?

Hey Jason

If you ordered yours way back. Then your copy should and will more then likely be signed. Email me your order info and i will confirm what day yours went out kivel@kivelrecords.com

Thank You

John

Hey Jason

If you ordered yours way back. Then your copy should and will more then likely be signed. Email me your order info and i will confirm what day yours went out kivel@kivelrecords.com

Thank You

John

Thanks John,

I will get that to you as soon as I get home from work.

Thank You

John

KIVEL RECORDS

JK

T-Shirts definitely! And if you need someone to help sell the merchandise there I'd be glad to lend a hand.

Got mine earlier today and been spinning it all day long...AWESOME!!

Great sound and production...Man I'm blown away...Pete's playing is outstanding!!

It's really cool is to hear the Shotgun Alli Song "Heaven"...man that

is a KILLER Song....as are all of the others...Fave tracks so far..Have It all, Heaven,

Kick Me Down...really the whole thing!!! Congrats Pete and a big shout out to

John Kivel believing in the band!!!

Thank You

John

KIVEL RECORDS

JK

T-Shirts definitely! And if you need someone to help sell the merchandise there I'd be glad to lend a hand.

I've been asking Pete about t-shirts for a while now so sign me up for a shirt for both my wife and I.

If you have them at DRF we'll get them there.

My copy arrived today! Finally! I was a bit disappointed when I opened it that it was not autographed and no poster but after reading the comments here, it looks like John is on top of correcting this problem :bananamac: Not that I won't get it signed by Pete and the Boys at DRF!

First off, I am very impressed with the packaging. Very nicely done! I just love opening a new cd and digging into the booklet. Harkens back to the 80's for sure! I echo Rick's comments of this being a great Spring into Summer album! Warmer weather, drinking beer, cruisin the lakes and partyin'! (Although now that we are all older, it may include drinking GOOD beer, cruisin the lakes with a child seat or two, but we're STILL partyin'!!) :tumbsup:

As I was carefully reading the booklet, I noted a particular thank you to some dudes name Rick, Wes and Chad a.k.a. The Dakota Rock Fest Party Crew! How cool is that?? :beerbang::beerbang::beerbang: Pretty damn cool!!! :headbanger::headbanger::headbanger: Thanks to YOU Pete!!!! We're all back this year for 2009!!! Wes, you bring sunscreen, Rick, you bring the Rockarma business card and leave Evil Rick at home. I will bring Chris again (for Taco)!! Can't wait :banger::banger::banger:

I have yet to dig too much into the songs, I will comment on them at a later time. I am sure this will not leave my player for quite some time. I will say that after listening to it briefly, I am impressed with the WALL OF SOUND production. Nice work by all on this one! I look forward to playing it all summer long and to see the band live. :banana::banana::banana:

My copy arrived today! Finally! I was a bit disappointed when I opened it that it was not autographed and no poster but after reading the comments here, it looks like John is on top of correcting this problem :bananamac: Not that I won't get it signed by Pete and the Boys at DRF!

Hey DD

Glad to hear that your copy arrived without error. Sometimes you cant help/avoid transit time via the USPS. LOL. As for the poster and autographs. All posters are to be shipped sepratly as we did not want to have to fold them. So they will be sent via a poster tube this week. Hey you guys have to give us time we are working as fast as possible! lol. I apologize if your copy of the cd was sans autographs. The band only signed so many copies and in the end a few customers didnt get one. However , those customers will get the signed poster for sure. In the meantime im glad to see such great feedback. Please keep it coming folks!

It will help us formulate the next album for sure

Thank You

JK

Got mine earlier today and been spinning it all day long...AWESOME!!

Great sound and production...Man I'm blown away...Pete's playing is outstanding!!

It's really cool is to hear the Shotgun Alli Song "Heaven"...man that

is a KILLER Song....as are all of the others...Fave tracks so far..Have It all, Heaven,

Kick Me Down...really the whole thing!!! Congrats Pete and a big shout out to

John Kivel believing in the band!!!

This is what i love!! There seems to be no set pattern here. Peoples fave list is all over the map. YOu have people loving Love Wont Wait, while others say Have it All and now ametalhead1966 is saying Kick Me Down as a fave. THIS is the kinda of thing we were going for! A diverse melodic rock album along the lines of BON JOVI New Jersey. In the end a lil of something for everyone. Thanks for the kind words and feedback amh1966!!

JK

Hey DD

Glad to hear that your copy arrived without error. Sometimes you cant help/avoid transit time via the USPS. LOL. As for the poster and autographs. All posters are to be shipped sepratly as we did not want to have to fold them. So they will be sent via a poster tube this week. Hey you guys have to give us time we are working as fast as possible! lol. I apologize if your copy of the cd was sans autographs. The band only signed so many copies and in the end a few customers didnt get one. However , those customers will get the signed poster for sure. In the meantime im glad to see such great feedback. Please keep it coming folks!

It will help us formulate the next album for sure

Thank You

JK

I did receive my CD yesterday but like Chad's it was not signed. Seems I am 0 for 2 on the signed copies going back to the RocKarma CD. CD looks great though.

Still waiting for my copy to arrive from Pete. We have a long bank holiday weekend over here, so no Post today, or Monday ,which is good for me as I have time off, but not good, as I don't get any cd's delivered. Hopefully it may arrive tomorrow. Can't wait to hear it all.

As I was carefully reading the booklet, I noted a particular thank you to some dudes name Rick, Wes and Chad a.k.a. The Dakota Rock Fest Party Crew! How cool is that?? :beerbang::beerbang::beerbang: Pretty damn cool!!! :headbanger::headbanger::headbanger: Thanks to YOU Pete!!!! We're all back this year for 2009!!! Wes, you bring sunscreen, Rick, you bring the Rockarma business card and leave Evil Rick at home. I will bring Chris again (for Taco)!! Can't wait :banger::banger::banger:

Wow I didn't even notice that. That's pretty damn cool. Thanks for thank you Pete. :headbanger:

Wow I didn't even notice that. That's pretty damn cool. Thanks for thank you Pete. :headbanger:

Backed that is AWESOME!!!!!!

Shit I didn't catch that either!! And here I was admiring the booklet for it's quality when I first got it, maybe should have read it a little closer. Thanks a ton Pete for the shout out! :beerbang: