concerts

rickinmd

19 minutes ago, Doggy said:

The touring company that was bring them. Haven't update their page.

On their Facebook page, promoters, " Titan Touring", were asked same question the answer a week ago was " Very soon, confirming dates as we speak".

Tks

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2022 at 2:16 PM, lettard said:

Grabbed tickets for Steel Panther in Ulster Hall in May while I was up.

Tigertailz announced as support act for the Belfast gig

6 hours ago, lettard said:

Tigertailz announced as support act for the Belfast gig

Duel of the hairspray, who got most on.

Looking for gigs in London from 12th to 20th Oct

All I've found is Europe just after these dates 

If any bands lock any dates in please let me know UK people.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Nice! 

It was just one of those things where it was sposed to be a years break and ended up as five years. I had been to at least one gig a year starting in 1992 until 2018, and over the last 8 or so years of that I was going to more and more gigs every year, sometimes multiple in a week, and I was starting to get burn out. So decided that 2019 was my "gap year" for gigs.

Then 2020 rolled around and brought Covid with it. So that extended it to two years. 2021, that will be a better year for sure ... oh, what do you mean I have to catch covid, have seizures and then get diagnosed with cancer? Fuck you 2021.

2022 I was still recovering. I did book a concert around March I think it was, as I was sposed to have finished my treatment by January and was hoping I would be recovered enough to go (would you not wanna go see Crazy Lixx and Chez Kane on the bill together?), but my procedure got delayed til April. After that I was seriously compromised immune system wise so that ended up being 2022 as a total write off.

Now I am doing a couple of days a week working for a company I used to work for over 20 years ago, so have the money to afford the odd gig here and there, and what better way to start than with a band I got into a few years ago and its their first time over here supporting Muse and then outta nowhere they announce a headline gig in London. How could I not go?

• My Little Pony
6 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

It was just one of those things where it was sposed to be a years break and ended up as five years. I had been to at least one gig a year starting in 1992 until 2018, and over the last 8 or so years of that I was going to more and more gigs every year, sometimes multiple in a week, and I was starting to get burn out. So decided that 2019 was my "gap year" for gigs.

Then 2020 rolled around and brought Covid with it. So that extended it to two years. 2021, that will be a better year for sure ... oh, what do you mean I have to catch covid, have seizures and then get diagnosed with cancer? Fuck you 2021.

2022 I was still recovering. I did book a concert around March I think it was, as I was sposed to have finished my treatment by January and was hoping I would be recovered enough to go (would you not wanna go see Crazy Lixx and Chez Kane on the bill together?), but my procedure got delayed til April. After that I was seriously compromised immune system wise so that ended up being 2022 as a total write off.

Now I am doing a couple of days a week working for a company I used to work for over 20 years ago, so have the money to afford the odd gig here and there, and what better way to start than with a band I got into a few years ago and its their first time over here supporting Muse and then outta nowhere they announce a headline gig in London. How could I not go?

I don't think I know The Warning. But my first concert "post" Covid was late 2021, so it had been almost exactly two years. And that was long enough, so I can imagine after five you must be excited to get back. Plus all the shit you've been through recently. I'm happy for you. 

1 hour ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I don't think I know The Warning. But my first concert "post" Covid was late 2021, so it had been almost exactly two years. And that was long enough, so I can imagine after five you must be excited to get back. Plus all the shit you've been through recently. I'm happy for you. 

Thank you.

Oh and The Warning is these sisters from Mexico

• 4 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

I really hate social media, but I also hate that I miss out on a bunch of shows because I don't use social media often. I just found out Tears for Fears are performing in my area next week. That would've been cool to know sooner. 

The Teeatment and Smalll Town Titans are toiuring Australia in November

https://tickets.oztix.com.au/outlet/event/0053218f-88e0-4de2-90f1-089076537b80

That's the Melbourne link, also shows in Sydney and Brisbane I believe.

This is really cool, because I amd right into both bands.
Small Town Titans seem to have been overlooked here, which is a shame.

Some of their covers are killer, and their last album was solid.

• 1 month later...
  • My Little Pony

Concert season begins tonight!

Extreme in a few hours.

Earth, Wind & Fire with Lionel Richie on 12 September.

Jungle the following day. 

Roosevelt 7 October.

Boys Like Girls with the Summer Set on 10 October.

The Fugees in November. The 9th, I believe. 

We have Culture Club touring next week. Never seen them, so would go have a look but I'll be in China :(
Same with Paul McCarney. He is coming here in October when I'm in London. 

• My Little Pony

Extreme was incredible! The boys were in great form. 

All you nerds down under, they're headed your way next. If you have a chance to see them, don't pass on it. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Extreme was incredible! The boys were in great form. 

All you nerds down under, they're headed your way next. If you have a chance to see them, don't pass on it. 

What was THAT solo like live?

• My Little Pony
27 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

What was THAT solo like live?

Honestly, it was the last song of the night, there had already be a shit-tonne of face-melting solos, so it was just another guitar solo to me. But he didn't fuck it up. Heh. 

But the sheer musicianship of the night was amazing. Pat Badger playing Nuno's riffs on his bass was hilarious. 

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
3 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Honestly, it was the last song of the night, there had already be a shit-tonne of face-melting solos, so it was just another guitar solo to me. But he didn't fuck it up. Heh. 

But the sheer musicianship of the night was amazing. Pat Badger playing Nuno's riffs on his bass was hilarious. 

Nice.

Saw extreme with Mr big a few tears ago when they toured together.

Both were awesome.

Would go again, especially after the last album, but another band touring while I'm overseas 😔

Thought I'd check this out of curiosity. Never been the biggest Extreme fan but I guess it'd be pretty cool to see. However, they are touring with Living Colour, whom I have exactly 0 interest in seeing, and tickets are $125! That's a fair chunk of cash and sadly not something I'd be willing to pay for a band I'm only lukewarm interested in anyway. :(

Yep, Living Colour a weird choice.

Mr Big were a good fit.

Skid Row are supposed to be coming back (I still have tix from their first show which was cancelled and then their second shoe which was cancelled)

May as well team up and get it done finally.

• My Little Pony
6 hours ago, Geoff said:

Thought I'd check this out of curiosity. Never been the biggest Extreme fan but I guess it'd be pretty cool to see. However, they are touring with Living Colour, whom I have exactly 0 interest in seeing, and tickets are $125! That's a fair chunk of cash and sadly not something I'd be willing to pay for a band I'm only lukewarm interested in anyway. :(

$125?? Damn. They were only $50 for me. 

4 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

$125?? Damn. They were only $50 for me. 

I was definitely not expecting it. It’s not as sweet as $50, but I think it usually hovers around the $70-80 mark for a more “prolific” band and cheaper for a few rungs below. But usually you get about 2-3 bands worth seeing for that price. $125 is a small festival ticket price, to my thinking. So no way it’s going to happen, for me, for one okay band.