concerts

rickinmd

• My Little Pony
On 2/3/2022 at 8:20 AM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Alice Cooper rescheduled, after two years, for April this year, but I'm still worried my country might shut shit down. Again. 

This is finally happening. Just have to get through Buckcherry first. 

I actually went to see Ghost last Monday at O2 Arena, London. Absolutely friggin amazing. The top part of the seating was closed off but there must have been 15000 in there. This band is taking the world by storm and they put on one hell of a show. One of the best gigs I've seen in 40 years of concert going. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Dont know why, but I always find Crazy Lixx a bit average live. Perfectly fine but not amazing.

Chez Kane was awesome though, what a voice. And her backing were freaking amazing, including Danny's brother on bass. 

37 minutes ago, Glen said:

Dont know why, but I always find Crazy Lixx a bit average live. Perfectly fine but not amazing.

Chez Kane was awesome though, what a voice. And her backing were freaking amazing, including Danny's brother on bass. 

Your dislike of Rexon's vocals live is well known! :lol:

• My Little Pony
On 5/6/2022 at 3:31 PM, AlphaMale said:

Your dislike of Rexon's vocals live is well known! :lol:

Still goes to all their shows, though. 

14 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Still goes to all their shows, though. 

Well if 2 shows in 10 years counts as all their shows then yes ;)

I went for Chez.

And the first time Fatal Smile annhialated them live. 

• My Little Pony
4 hours ago, Glen said:

Well if 2 shows in 10 years counts as all their shows then yes ;)

I went for Chez.

And the first time Fatal Smile annhialated them live. 

Every. One. Of. Their. Shows. 

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...
  • My Little Pony

Roger Waters in a couple hours. Never seen him before. Hope he's still good. Tickets were bloody expensive! But, then, everything is in this town. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Some nice gigs lined up from December onwards:-

Cats In Space  - The Stables MK - December 17th

Muse - The National Bowl MK  - June 25th

Iron Maiden - The O2 - July 7th

Bruce Springsteen - Hyde Park - July 8th

• My Little Pony
5 hours ago, Glen said:

HEAT & Mason Hill next Tues.

CiS in Dec

might do NFO on 11th Nov 🤔

15 hours ago, Jez said:

Some nice gigs lined up from December onwards:-

Cats In Space  - The Stables MK - December 17th

Muse - The National Bowl MK  - June 25th

Iron Maiden - The O2 - July 7th

Bruce Springsteen - Hyde Park - July 8th

Yeah, I hate both of you. 

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2022 at 4:23 AM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Yeah, I hate both of you. 

Move to the UK, then you would get all of this..............errrr thinking about it, maybe best to stay where you are ;)

• My Little Pony
9 hours ago, Jez said:

Move to the UK, then you would get all of this..............errrr thinking about it, maybe best to stay where you are ;)

The plan is to move to Italy. From there I'd still be much closer to the scene. 

On 10/16/2022 at 8:20 AM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

The plan is to move to Italy. From there I'd still be much closer to the scene. 

Is this a serious post? Are you actually moving?

It's funny how Italy never once appealed to me as a destination until I was made aware of the Dolomites and now I want to live in those mountains for a few years and not leave until I've captured every single peak on film. Or on a memory card, to be more precise. What mind-blowing scenery. 

• My Little Pony
4 hours ago, Geoff said:

Is this a serious post? Are you actually moving?

It's funny how Italy never once appealed to me as a destination until I was made aware of the Dolomites and now I want to live in those mountains for a few years and not leave until I've captured every single peak on film. Or on a memory card, to be more precise. What mind-blowing scenery. 

I want a chill life. So I'm hoping to sell my place for around one million, and then buy five acres in Italy for less than two hundred thousand and do some small-scale farming. Maybe have a second dwelling to Airbnb out throughout the year. 

I love the Italian countryside, and the Mediterranean in general. As long as I never have to deal with winter ever again, I'll be happy. 

• My Little Pony
2 hours ago, auslander said:

If it was about moving where I want to see the most bands I currently like regularly in concert, I'd be immigrating to Sweden and having regular trips to Finland.

Have you ever been to Europe? It's extremely easy to get around once you're there. The cost of living in the Scandinavian countries is too high. And they're far too cold for me. 

7 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I want a chill life. So I'm hoping to sell my place for around one million, and then buy five acres in Italy for less than two hundred thousand and do some small-scale farming. Maybe have a second dwelling to Airbnb out throughout the year. 

I love the Italian countryside, and the Mediterranean in general. As long as I never have to deal with winter ever again, I'll be happy. 

Sounds like an excellent plan if you can execute it. Do you know, or will you learn the language? 

• My Little Pony
7 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Sounds like an excellent plan if you can execute it. Do you know, or will you learn the language? 

I've been learning for about a year and a half. 

Well as expected HEAT were a shadow of their former selves.

There is such a gigantic gulf between Erik & Kenny.

Last time I saw Kenny was about 12 yrs ago in a small club with about 40 people in attendance - that was obviously v good, but a decade on, in a larger venue he doesn't do it for me. Bouncing around like an over excited puppy shouting songs which weren't written for his voice or range.

It's a real shame that I'll never see HEAT again unless they happen to be on a bill at a wider festival or something. 

In my opinion, most disappointing album of 2022. and now most disappointing gig. 

2 hours ago, Glen said:

Well as expected HEAT were a shadow of their former selves.

There is such a gigantic gulf between Erik & Kenny.

Last time I saw Kenny was about 12 yrs ago in a small club with about 40 people in attendance - that was obviously v good, but a decade on, in a larger venue he doesn't do it for me. Bouncing around like an over excited puppy shouting songs which weren't written for his voice or range.

It's a real shame that I'll never see HEAT again unless they happen to be on a bill at a wider festival or something. 

In my opinion, most disappointing album of 2022. and now most disappointing gig. 

Did they play a lot of Gronwall-era stuff? What sort of percentage of the set? 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Did they play a lot of Gronwall-era stuff? What sort of percentage of the set? 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/heat/2022/electric-brixton-london-england-5bb157a8.html

I left after Living on the Run 🏃‍♂️