New Bon Jovi album in 09

phaffas

from melodicrock.com

"NEW "BIG LOUD" BON JOVI IN 2009:

Jon Bon Jovi has posted a band update online - it seems Bon Jovi will be back in the studio soon. The update reads (in part): "President Elect Obama better be a Superman or at least surround himself with all the king's horses and all the king's men. The country is in bad shape. We wanted change and we will all be called upon to help implement it. I for one am ready. On the home front since the tour ended the Soul won the Arena Bowl in New Orleans. It was sweet. We're waiting on the rings. They too are sweet. I spent August getting fat and lazy, not wanting to even think about work. It lasted until September when that knock came to my door and to my head. It said "write you fool, Richie is bored and you are not the stay at home kind of dad as all of the neighbors are". So, I went off to Los Angeles and we started. As of now we're 12 songs into it. I'm very pleased. In case you're wondering, it's a rock record. A big loud one. John Shanks is set to produce again and we'll begin the demo process right after I ship the reindeer and sleigh back to the attic, I mean North Pole. In all honesty, I just wanted to drop you a note to wish you and yours a happy healthy holiday. I hope you really do find what you're looking for underneath the tree. It doesn't have to cost a thing. It's free. It is a smile. Thanks for bringing me one. See you in 09. JBJ.""

from melodicrock.com

Jon Bon Jovi has posted a band update online - it seems Bon Jovi will be back in the studio soon. The update reads (in part): "President Elect Obama better be a Superman or at least surround himself with all the king's horses and all the king's men. The country is in bad shape. We wanted change and we will all be called upon to help implement it. I for one am ready. On the home front since the tour ended the Soul won the Arena Bowl in New Orleans. It was sweet. We're waiting on the rings. They too are sweet. I spent August getting fat and lazy, not wanting to even think about work. It lasted until September when that knock came to my door and to my head. It said "write you fool, Richie is bored and you are not the stay at home kind of dad as all of the neighbors are". So, I went off to Los Angeles and we started. As of now we're 12 songs into it. I'm very pleased. In case you're wondering, it's a rock record. A big loud one. John Shanks is set to produce again and we'll begin the demo process right after I ship the reindeer and sleigh back to the attic, I mean North Pole. In all honesty, I just wanted to drop you a note to wish you and yours a happy healthy holiday. I hope you really do find what you're looking for underneath the tree. It doesn't have to cost a thing. It's free. It is a smile. Thanks for bringing me one. See you in 09. JBJ.""

I know a certain someone who will be glad when he reads this.....

• My Little Pony
from melodicrock.com

I'm glad, but I'm not the guy you were thinking of, was I?...

I never am. :(

from melodicrock.com

I'm glad, but I'm not the guy you were thinking of, was I?...

I never am. :(

It wasn't you. It was the other guy...

That sound you hear is SR86 imploding and spraying the wee-wee of joy everywhere. :lol:

hmm....

well, heres the resident bon jovi freaks opinion:

ateast theyre conciously going for rock, which they never intended to do on LH, its atleast gotta be as good as HAND, but im thinkin we should expect a Bounce type record

then again, their last tour was a greatest hits tour, maybe theyre in gear to go back to the classic sound but with a modern edge.....i think theyre hyped after the classic tour they just did and theyre actually gonna put some feeling into this

or, it could be another Crush....

If it ROCKS and is more in line with their releases up to Keep the Faith then I might pick this up.

The words in your sentence in that particular order make absolutely no sense to me Wes. I kind of get a feeling you think Bon Jovi may be able to rock like they used to but come on, we all know that's not going to ever ever ever happen again. :lol:

EVERY band that's going to release a CD will ALWAYS say that it's gonna rock... Sadly, Bon Jovi lost their balls somewhere around 1995 and possibly even before that...

then again, their last tour was a greatest hits tour, maybe theyre in gear to go back to the classic sound but with a modern edge.....i think theyre hyped after the classic tour they just did and theyre actually gonna put some feeling into this

You can go back over the last 10-12 years and every tour has been a greatest hits tour as they have continually played Bad Name, Prayer, Sleep When Im Dead, Wanted, Bad Medicine, KTF, Bed of Roses...ect

I thought the recent tour was the most different tour they have done cos they mixed up the set list far more and included some of the less commerically successful stuff like Die For You, Wild Is The Wind, Runaway, Say Goodbye, I'll Be There 4 U....

Well I'll admit I'm excited. Even after a couple of disappointing discs, I will never write off a Bon Jovi album until I've heard every song on it. I, for one, loved 'Have a Nice Day' and that alone showed me they still have what it takes to produce the goods. Granted there were a lot of fillers and it's no 'Keep the faith', but I'm looking forward to hear what they do next.

And for the record, I think 'Lost Highway' destroys 'Sparkle Face of Turds'.

We will never hear another Slippery when wet or New Jersey, just as we will never hear another Appetite for destruction, Hysteria, Cherry pie, Strength, Wake me when its over, Leather boyz with electric toyz etc etc etc etc

Most of the bands have moved on from that era, and can/will never repeat the sound of those albums.

Bon Jovi have continued to rack up huge sales, so their is even less reason for them to take the risk on a return to the earlier sound, potentially upsetting modern fans.

I'd never expect a totally "holy shit" take me back to the good old days album, from Jovi, I do hope it at least takes its cues from the harder rocking songs from the last few albums.

There are songs on Crush, Bounce, Have a nice day and These days, that if put together as a single album, would have made for a damn fine rock record.

EVERY band that's going to release a CD will ALWAYS say that it's gonna rock... Sadly, Bon Jovi lost their balls somewhere around 1995 and possibly even before that...

That is so very true.

I can't wait <_< I stalled the car at a crossing the other day trying to change the radio station when he came on the radio.

:rofl2:

I will reserve judgement as always until I hear it.

Me too.

If it ROCKS and is more in line with their releases up to Keep the Faith then I might pick this up.

The words in your sentence in that particular order make absolutely no sense to me Wes. I kind of get a feeling you think Bon Jovi may be able to rock like they used to but come on, we all know that's not going to ever ever ever happen again. :lol:

A boy can dream can't he? :tumbsup:

Well I'll admit I'm excited. Even after a couple of disappointing discs, I will never write off a Bon Jovi album until I've heard every song on it. I, for one, loved 'Have a Nice Day' and that alone showed me they still have what it takes to produce the goods. Granted there were a lot of fillers and it's no 'Keep the faith', but I'm looking forward to hear what they do next.

And for the record, I think 'Lost Highway' destroys 'Sparkle Face of Turds'.

Never write a Bon Jovi record off until you hear it, backed right there. Now I haven't been big on anything by them ever since Keep The Faith and they're a long way from the power Rock glory of the past but they're still Bon Jovi at heart. I for one do believe that with the current industry changes regarding a new generation interest in melodic Rock Bon Jovi might in fact dig up their old guns and shoot them for old times sake.

• My Little Pony

I just wanna say, and I'm not limiting this to Bon Jovi, why do we always wanna hear them return to their old sound? If we wanna hear that we can listen to their old records. But their new records will be new material and a new sound. I get caught up in that mentality, too, but I have to realize that the sound I've grown to love will always be there, on compact disc. So when new albums are dropped, why can't we just accept them for what they are, knowing we can always return to the glory days with a simple touch of a button?

I just wanna say, and I'm not limiting this to Bon Jovi, why do we always wanna hear them return to their old sound? If we wanna hear that we can listen to their old records. But their new records will be new material and a new sound. I get caught up in that mentality, too, but I have to realize that the sound I've grown to love will always be there, on compact disc. So when new albums are dropped, why can't we just accept them for what they are, knowing we can always return to the glory days with a simple touch of a button?

While I don't agree with this exactly, I would say I largely share this opinion as well. About the only objection I have to that comment is when bands go in a "shitty" direction.

(I mean, we can always squabble over the new direction and whether or not it's shitty, but when albums are completely devoid of any listening pleasure for me, that's where I draw the line.)

I agree that, could we all be a little more "open-minded" about the new releases from artists whose previous releases are seminal to our core listening pleasure, a different direction shouldn't automatically be dissed. (I remember totally trashing releases such as Native Tongue, These Days, and Slang when they came out, only to find them very good-tremendous albums upon revisiting them later.)

But, while I can't agree with trashing something because it's "new", when an artist releases an album with no redeeming quality from me, you can be I'll trash it. (And sometimes, erroneously or not, just because it's a different direction.)