Tim Karr

66 mustang

i think theyre both awesome singers, my fave song atm is actually an FM one...

albeit a cover (Heard It Through The Grapevine - AWESOME!)

NO YOU DI'NT!

Nah, to each their own but that is one of my most hated songs of all time as an original and probably my single most hated cover song of all time.

i grew up with the original, it captivated me when i was just 6 years old, i used to listen to a motown/soul compilation with Stand By Me, Heard it Through The Grapevine etc...

when i heard this, with the rocky gutiars AND the brass parts i just thought "wow"

its a song that got me into music at a young age rewritten to suit the rockier style that im into now, whats not to like?

if you hate the original then fair enough, but ive always liked that style of music anyway, i was thinkingof putting together a Soul Rock band

like Funk Rock or Blues Rock but with big brass sections mixed with electric guitars, that song just sounds great to me, kick ass, but still very musical.

When I was a kid my mum got her car written off when a guy slammed into the back of hers. 'Heard it through the grapevine' was on the radio when it happened. I found it fitting that such a horrid event would be accompanied by, imo, such a horrid song.

When I was a kid my mum got her car written off when a guy slammed into the back of hers. 'Heard it through the grapevine' was on the radio when it happened. I found it fitting that such a horrid event would be accompanied by, imo, such a horrid song.

Was Cauterize playing when you lost your licence? :nyanya:

i dont know how you cant like it, its a classic....on par with Superstition and Georgia On My Mind (or Leave My woman Alone, or even Hit The Road Jack)

i dont know how you cant like it, its a classic....on par with Superstition and Georgia On My Mind (or Leave My woman Alone, or even Hit The Road Jack)

It's just the most annoying chorus/hook/melody I can imagine.

Was Cauterize playing when you lost your licence? :nyanya:

'Primitive Soul' by Newman was playing... I think I was up to about song 5 or so.

Cauterize is the soundtrack to everything awesome in life.

My final BJ / FM point here Geoffrey. Jon Bon Jovi a better, more powerful vocalist than Steve Overland???. The first ever person in 20 years I have ever heard say that ,and for good reason!!! You' ll be saying he is better than Paul Rodgers next - No wait, don't answer that one please or you'll have to dig yourself out even more.!!!

My final BJ / FM point here Geoffrey. Jon Bon Jovi a better, more powerful vocalist than Steve Overland???. The first ever person in 20 years I have ever heard say that ,and for good reason!!! You' ll be saying he is better than Paul Rodgers next - No wait, don't answer that one please or you'll have to dig yourself out even more.!!!

Well I apologise that it's taken 20 years to meet someone with some common sense, my good man. Overland's voice is nice but I always got an "unstable" feel from it. A slight unsure feel in his delivery. Hard to explain. Jon in his prime had a great set of pipes and there was no doubting he knew what he was doing and how to do it well.

Either way, voices are personal preference and I definitely prefer Bon Jovi to Overland. And yeah, I like Bon Jovi's voice better than Paul Rogers, but no I don't think it IS better. Just my preference. I never was a big fan of Bad Company and never felt the desire to hear his voice.

Thank Jeebers Dave is beeing eaten by sharks as we speak.

Well I apologise that it's taken 20 years to meet someone with some common sense, my good man. Overland's voice is nice but I always got an "unstable" feel from it. A slight unsure feel in his delivery. Hard to explain. Jon in his prime had a great set of pipes and there was no doubting he knew what he was doing and how to do it well.

Either way, voices are personal preference and I definitely prefer Bon Jovi to Overland. And yeah, I like Bon Jovi's voice better than Paul Rogers, but no I don't think it IS better. Just my preference. I never was a big fan of Bad Company and never felt the desire to hear his voice.

You would be strung up by the bollocks and quite rightly so.

You would be strung up by the bollocks and quite rightly so.

Let's just hope he never sees this, then. In case he does, though... Dave, uh - nice muscles. You lost some weight on your holiday?

Either way, as I said, it's just a personal preference of mine. Hell, I like Ted Poley better than all the aforementioned vocalists but his days with Melodica show he may be the weakest of the lot... doesn't mean I don't prefer him most of all, mostly due to the joy his voice on the first 3 Danger Danger albums brings me.

Was Johnny Lima the guy I'm thinking of that had some Jovi influences?? You might look into that stuff.....

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Great album

• 1 month later...

Those three sound great so I found a sealed LP for $12 shipped from Amazon.

Hopefully here in the next week

• 2 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

anyone know what Tim's been upto of late?

He's about to release 'Lost In The Ether' this year.

17351977_10154254034686196_8839403457024

Getting back to his debut, here's some songs from it.

Now, what's the point of this music video? What I mean is, where would this have even been aired, 'cause it certainly wouldn't have been shown on MTV at prime time.