Tim Karr

66 mustang

Aldo Nova? is this a band i should be checking out?

cause im into bands like Blue Tears, FM and Kane Roberts which have a real Jovi sound to em aswell (Kane Roberts is the most recent one)

Aldo Nova - Blood on the bricks is about the closest thing to Bon Jovi you can get.

noticed on the main board that a few people say this has a Bon Jovi style sound but I don't really get that feeling.

Aldo Nova BLOOD ON THE BRICKS is what I call having a Bon Jovi syle kind of sound.

there's a cover of blue tear's innocent kiss on tim's cd, really love that version too!

you want bon jovi, then you can't go padt the self titled blue tears debut album :beerbang:

cause im into bands like Blue Tears, FM and Kane Roberts which have a real Jovi sound to em aswell (Kane Roberts is the most recent one)

FM !!!! Bloody FM !!! I hope we're not talking my beloved Stevie Overland's FM here.

If so,that is like a knife in my heart..I'm stunned,I really am :yikes:

FM !!!! Bloody FM !!! I hope we're not talking my beloved Stevie Overland's FM here.

As for Aldo Nova..Aldo was the nasty gorilla,and Nova was the "mute" girlfriend of Taylor in the original "Planet Of The Apes".

Don't panic Ian - I presume He is talking about a couple of the Desmond Chiild tracks off 'Tough It Out' which have the 'Bob' vibe - well I hope that is it, as the similarity pretty much ends there.!!

Aldo Nova is a person, not a band by the way - I am quite shocked that sambora didn't know about the 'Blood On The Bricks' disc as it was on Bob Jovis Jambco label. I was going to mention it before, but presumed it was common knowledge. Any way - it is a good disc, although nowhere near as good as his other solo stuff imho.

What can i say, i hear music and relate it to other music....this is that case.

i think alot of you judge a band by reviews and looks more than sound....

Kane Roberts Saints & Sinners album sounds very Jovi-ish, anyone disagree with this statement? (and im not just talking about "Does Anybody Really Fall In Love Anymore"

What can i say, i hear music and relate it to other music....this is that case.

i think alot of you judge a band by reviews and looks more than sound....

Kane Roberts Saints & Sinners album sounds very Jovi-ish, anyone disagree with this statement? (and im not just talking about "Does Anybody Really Fall In Love Anymore"

I think a lot of us judge a band by actually having the cd's and listening to them. In FM's case, they have a couple of Desmond Child tunes, so the Desmond Child sound is going to be there. Listen to any of their other stuff - 'Indiscreet' would be a good place to start and the difference will become apparent.

Tim Karr's "Rubbin' Me The Right Way" really is a poor-mans Bon Jovi IMO. Which, given my opinion of Bon Jovi, is pretty damming. Jovi fans will find it disappointing as it's nowhere near as anthemic as the good Jovi material (like "New Jersey").

Still on the plus side, you can fetch quite a few $$$ on eBay for it...

A few of my own special opinions here:

I never liked the Tim Carr Cd at all and to be honest I don’t really get a Bon Jovi vibe at all.

I hope some of the above posts were not hinting that *gulp*, FM are in any way superior to Bon Jovi??? Yeah, sure, ‘Tough it out’ is heaven and the debut is quite nice. ‘Aphrodesiac’ has some kick-ass tracks but that’s where it ends. I hope some are not comparing one stunning album and two good albums to Bon Jovi’s 6 excellent albums from 1984-1995???!!!

I don’t think ‘Saints and sinner’s really sounds like Bon Jovi either. Yeah, it has DC all over it but I just think it’s a pretty damn different to anything Bon Jovi ever released.

Geoff..In my opinion FM are far superior than the "country-boys" in every dept.

Ok,Dead Man's Shoes was the result of the band "running out of steam" so to speak,and as stated "Indiscreet","Tough It Out" and to a slightly lesser extent "Takin' It To The Street" and "Aphrodisiac",were examples of Top AOR which catered for everyone's taste within the genre.

Capped to the max, with the vox of Steve Overland,who is a vastly respected and admired lead vocalist,who is plaudited at every opportunity.

FM or Bon Jovi ?? Only one choice....FM !!!

Both, i obviously think Jovi are better than FM, but FM have that Jovi vibe to them.

and the Saints and Sinners album sounds like early Bon Jovi, a few of those tracks remind me of songs like "Get Ready" and "Come Back" from the S/T album..

when i said 5 or 6, i meant 5 or 6 FM albums, i actually think i have them all, but im not sure...

Ok,Dead Man's Shoes was the result of the band "running out of steam" so to speak,and as stated "Indiscreet","Tough It Out" and to a slightly lesser extent "Takin' It To The Street" and "Aphrodisiac",were examples of Top AOR which catered for everyone's taste within the genre.

Capped to the max, with the vox of Steve Overland,who is a vastly respected and admired lead vocalist,who is plaudited at every opportunity.

Mostly backed there Wotters. 'Indiscreet' and 'Tough It Out' are better than anything in the Bob Jovi catologue IMO, which whilst excellent in 'S/T' And 'Slippery', is pretty spotty in places for a lot of the time (7800, New Jersey etc) so for me it is 2 discs up against 2 discs. Much prefer hearing Steve Overlands Magnificent voice to Croaky Jon as well. Don't get me wrong, I like Bon Jovi, but for me FM win the battle with Bob and the boys.

Mostly backed there Wotters. 'Indiscreet' and 'Tough It Out' are better than anything in the Bob Jovi catologue IMO, which whilst excellent in 'S/T' And 'Slippery', is pretty spotty in places for a lot of the time (7800, New Jersey etc) so for me it is 2 discs up against 2 discs. Much prefer hearing Steve Overlands Magnificent voice to Croaky Jon as well. Don't get me wrong, I like Bon Jovi, but for me FM win the battle with Bob and the boys.

I default my comments over to the new poll thread. You guys would be on my balls if I tried to tell you a band with 2 good albums was superior to a band with at least three times as many.

In reply to Jez, I don't think 'Indescreet' is better than Bon Jovi's s/t, 'New Jersey', 'Keep the Faith' or even 'Slippery'. I personally also prefer 'Have a nice day' and in all honesty would probably give 'These days' and '7800' the edge too. As for 'Tough it out', I admit it as good as the best of Bon Jovi, if not even better. But the rest of FM's catalogue doesn't begin to compare with the weight of Bon Jovi's.

One thing I didn't mention in the other thread, but I also HUGELY disagree with is the fact that Overland's voice is in any way superior to vintage Jon Bon Jovi. He voice pretty much defined hard rock for a long time and I think there was a long period there (okay, so it's pretty much shot these days) where his voice was perfect for the music we enjoy. I never really liked Steve Overland's voice that much. It's nice at times, but a little... for lack of a better word, 'needy'. LOL, I know that doesn't make sense, but his voice is nowhere near the calibre, confidence or quality of prime Jon Bon Jovi, IMO. Jon's voice is powerful, Steve's has always been quite weak, IMO. Even if I do like him.