What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

Visiting my Mom today, and my bro took me a few towns over to a cool "pop culture junk shop" (comics, used CDs/vinyl, video games, action figures, etc.) he's been meaning to show me for a while - cool little hole in the wall place with a lot of neat stuff, but everything is so haphazard (boxes upon boxes of stuff piled everywhere) that it would've taken me all day to do a halfway decent scrounge... there were a few racks of CDs I couldn't even get to cuz there was so much crap in the way.

I both love and hate those places.

Ha! Yea, I'm the same way. I love it when there's so much cool junk to search thru, but at the same time I'm like "how do you expect me to buy your stuff if I can't find anything under all this crap?" Haha

Those shops are good times for sure. HOWEVER $5 a throw is well outside my comfort zone and after being told that I would have not bothered digging...

Not sure where these junk shops get there pricing but sheeesh. Same as the Goodwill's out here $2.99 for cd's. Certainly nothing "goodwill" about them prices.

Those shops are good times for sure. HOWEVER $5 a throw is well outside my comfort zone and after being told that I would have not bothered digging...

Not sure where these junk shops get there pricing but sheeesh. Same as the Goodwill's out here $2.99 for cd's. Certainly nothing "goodwill" about them prices.

Five bucks is about as high as I'll go for used CDs nowadays. Dude behind the store counter was cool tho, in addition to my pile of CDs my nine year old had grabbed one Green Day disc, and while we waited on line to pay, Register Dude overheard my son saying that he'd seen a couple more G.D.'s he would've gotten if he had the $$. We get up to the register and the guy told him, "it's OK, go grab two more," then only charged me for the first one. My son was jazzed, he sez "let's come back again next week!" :D

The Goodwill I frequent out this way charges 1.99 for CDs, and depending on what day of the week it is, they can be 25% off, or buy one get one free, etc. Best deal in town,can't beat it with a stick...

There's one indie record store near me that still charges 8.98 or 9.98 a pop for used discs, I'm like "What are you, nuts? It ain't the 90s anymore!" I noticed that they recently started a "frequent buyers" program for the used stuff - buy five, get one free. So you need to drop approx. $50 to get a freebie. Gee, thanks, ya generous bastards. :rofl2:

Five bucks is about as high as I'll go for used CDs nowadays. Dude behind the store counter was cool tho, in addition to my pile of CDs my nine year old had grabbed one Green Day disc, and while we waited on line to pay, Register Dude overheard my son saying that he'd seen a couple more G.D.'s he would've gotten if he had the $$. We get up to the register and the guy told him, "it's OK, go grab two more," then only charged me for the first one. My son was jazzed, he sez "let's come back again next week!" :D

The Goodwill I frequent out this way charges 1.99 for CDs, and depending on what day of the week it is, they can be 25% off, or buy one get one free, etc. Best deal in town,can't beat it with a stick...

There's one indie record store near me that still charges 8.98 or 9.98 a pop for used discs, I'm like "What are you, nuts? It ain't the 90s anymore!" I noticed that they recently started a "frequent buyers" program for the used stuff - buy five, get one free. So you need to drop approx. $50 to get a freebie. Gee, thanks, ya generous bastards. :rofl2:

There's a 'Games Exchange' place not far from me that buys and sells used CDs ... they'll give you pennies for your stuff, and then try to sell it for £5+ ... I've seen second hand AC/DC discs in there for £8! You can get them brand new for less than that!

At the other end of the spectrum, I've found some gems in local charity shops for 0.50 - 0.99 :)

s-l1600.jpg

1. Love You Like I Never Loved Before / JOHN O'BANION
  2. Lonely Boy / ANDREW GOLD
  3. It's The Falling In Love / CAROLE BAYER SAGER
  4. Cool Fool / BRUCE ROBERTS
  5. Steal Away / ROBBIE DUPREE
  6. Don't Hang Up Those Dancing Shoes / TERENCE BOYLAN
  7. Full Circle / RUPERT HOLMES
  8. That's Wah I Love You / ANDREW GOLD
  9. Black Rose / JOHN DAVID SOUTHER
  10. Saturday Night / ROBBIE DUPREE
  11. Sara / BILL CHAMPLIN
  12. Shake It / TERENCE BOYLAN
  13. It's The Same / JOHN DAVID SOUTHER

• 2023 Gold Donors

Beastie Boys-Ill Communication

Boston-Greatest Hits

Chicago-1967-1997

The Clash-The Singles

Genesis -Live /The Way We Walk Vol.1

Great White-Once Bitten,Twice Live

Pretty Woman-Soundtrack

Primus-Pork Soda

Rush-Signals

Social Distortion-S/T

Sum 41-Chuck

Van Halen-II

One Desire - S/T

Eclipse - Monumentum

Night Ranger - Don't Let Up

House Of Lords - Saints Of The Lost Soul

Brother Firetribe - Sunbound

Bonfire - Byte The Bullet

Bonfire - Glorious

Lebrock - Action & Romance EP.

Osukaru - The Labyrinth

Journey - At The Summit

Tokio Hotel - Dream Machine

Alter Bridge - The Last Hero

The Pretty Reckless - Who You Selling For

Young Guns - All Our Kings Are Dead + Mirrors EP

Lightning Strikes - s/t

Dirty Skirty - Rebel

Devil City Angels - s/t

Gary Hughes - Strength Of Heart

Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe - s/t (2 CD)

Bulletrain - What You Fear The Most

Lynch Mob - Sun Red Sun EP + 4 (Deluxe Edition)

De Mont - Body Language

Subway - Taste The Difference

Subway - Hold On To Your Dream

Bewarp - In Your Face

Mama's Boys - Power And Passion

TKO - In Your Face

Icon - s/t

Perfect View - Red Moon Rising

Shakra - s/t

Bad Habit - Atmosphere

Harlot - Room With A View

Mass - Sea Of Black

Streetheart - s/t

Diesel Dahl's Tindrum - Drums Of War

Night Ranger - Don't Let Up

House of Lords - Saint of the Lost Soul

Eclipse - Monumenton

New England - Live At the Regent Theatre

Thrift store pickin's have been slim of late so tonight I opted to hit a real live honest to goodness record store for a change, found some used goodies:

Ratt - Detonator (I believe this completes my Ratt studio discography)

Quiet Riot - Alive And Well

Samson - The Polydor Years 3 CD

Thierry Condor - Stuff Like That

Thierry Condor - So Close

Fleetwood Mac - Tango In The Night (Deluxe Edition) 2 CD

QSP - S/T

Stewart Mac - Everything I Am

Stewart Mac - From Cautious Intent

I just got this CD in the mail today that I won off E Bay and after listening to it am just stoked as to how something like this released in 1997 could have flown under the radar of collectors for all this time. This is the track "Way Of The Crow" off this 8 track CD by CHARLEY IN THE BOX. A crazy name for this New York band, but they play classy hard rock with strong lead vocals and a chunky guitar tone. There's plenty of kick and a strong bottom end to boot. I hear similarities to HAREM SCAREM’s early demo material. Their style is like LILLIAN AXE, ST. WARREN or SKID ROW teaching HAREM SCAREM a thing or two about attitude driven hard rock. A solid, very enjoyable listen for my ears........

I just got this CD in the mail today that I won off E Bay and after listening to it am just stoked as to how something like this released in 1997 could have flown under the radar of collectors for all this time. This is the track "Way Of The Crow" off this 8 track CD by CHARLEY IN THE BOX. A crazy name for this New York band, but they play classy hard rock with strong lead vocals and a chunky guitar tone. There's plenty of kick and a strong bottom end to boot. I hear similarities to HAREM SCAREM’s early demo material. Their style is like LILLIAN AXE, ST. WARREN or SKID ROW teaching HAREM SCAREM a thing or two about attitude driven hard rock. A solid, very enjoyable listen for my ears........

Yep that is neat and a testament to ALL the one off unknowns that we all search for, well at least me, Del, James G (RIP,), Jim and a few others...

For those that missed it the name is a take on the Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer claymation movie from whenst we were kids. The island of Misfit toys and the "charlie in a box"... which is obviously pictured on the cover and disc art...

210054_b.jpg

Did you get it from the band per chance?