What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

Burn - "Global Warning"

Now there is a phantastic release !!! :guitbannana: :guitbannana:

Burn - "Global Warning"

Now there is a phantastic release !!! :guitbannana: :guitbannana:

Correct you are indeed! Been after it since it's release but it proved very elusive. Enter sleaszyrider.com and it's mine for the mere price of EU$4.99 plus shipping, plus it's the Jap version with a bonus track! :) Very pleased.

Big thanks to Jeff too, for the link to the site in a Lipstixx 'N' Bulletz thread, otherwise I'd never have stumbled accross it. :)

Latest consignment bought ages ago, but just arrived in my grubby paws:

Message - Fine Line

Departure - s/t

Excalibur - One Strange Night

Craaft - Second Honeymoon

Storming Heaven - Life In Paradise

Eddie Money - Shakin' With The Money Man

Eddie Money - Right Here

Starcastle - S/T (Rock Candy)

Starcastle - Fountains Of Light (Rock Candy)

How do you rate these mate, I`ve listened to a couple of tracks lately and probably something that would suit my tastes?

How do you rate these mate, I`ve listened to a couple of tracks lately and probably something that would suit my tastes?

If you like especially Yes and Kansas, then definitely something you should check out Faron. 'Citadel' (also on Rock Candy) and the latest 'Song Of Times' are both really good aswell, although be wary of 'Real To Reel' as it was more radio friendly and not that great to be honest. Rock Candy are definitely the best way to go with the first 3 - really nice versions.

The Enid - Live At The Town Hall, Birmingham 2 CD

From NEH:

Adrian Dodz - Adrian Dodz (reissue w/3 bonus tracks)

Bullet - Highway Pirates

Paul Laine - Stick It In Your Ear (reissue w/4 bonus tracks)

Stopped at the FYE at my job today.

BACKYARD BABIES-LIVE IN PARIS

BROTHER CLYDE-BROTHER CLYDE

You still have an FYE? Lucky bastard. :blink:

Yes! for my wife. Really!! They're not mine :whistle: )

Shania Twain-Come On Over

Ohhh, quit frontin'. You bought that CD so you could look @ the pictures of Shania in the booklet didn't you? :masturbanana:

Besides, hell, with the Mutt Lange production job, that disc might as well be a Def Leppard album with a chick singer anyway. :lol:

Stopped at the FYE at my job today.

BACKYARD BABIES-LIVE IN PARIS

BROTHER CLYDE-BROTHER CLYDE

You still have an FYE? Lucky bastard. :blink:

Yes! for my wife. Really!! They're not mine :whistle: )

Shania Twain-Come On Over

Ohhh, quit frontin'. You bought that CD so you could look @ the pictures of Shania in the booklet didn't you? :masturbanana:

Besides, hell, with the Mutt Lange production job, that disc might as well be a Def Leppard album with a chick singer anyway. :lol:

Correct on both counts Keef..

I do have a FYE by my job, but no great bargains..No more brand new c.d.s for $9.99 :crying:

I can't help it!!

I'm in love with Shania :wub:

BTW!

I will soon be putting it up on E-Bay for 99 cents. The incerts are stuck together, but the c.d. is near mint.. :whistle:

If you like especially Yes and Kansas, then definitely something you should check out Faron. 'Citadel' (also on Rock Candy) and the latest 'Song Of Times' are both really good aswell, although be wary of 'Real To Reel' as it was more radio friendly and not that great to be honest. Rock Candy are definitely the best way to go with the first 3 - really nice versions.

Thanks mate, will possibly have a look out for these in the future :tumbsup:

The incerts are stuck together, but the c.d. is near mint.. :whistle:

:rofl:

Accept - Restless And Wild (Remastered)

Accept - Balls To The Wall (Remastered)

Accept - Metal Heart (Remastered)

"and not that great to be honest"....cough, splutter! :lol:

Actually yeah Real to Reel is probably the weakest, yet I think it's judged a bit too unfairly. Sure the band weren't pleased with it (it contributed to their split) but I think it's a pretty good slice of Pompish/AOR - which was a million miles away from their earlier proggy albums and so lost favour with the fans but not a million miles away from say the second Trillion album.

The longer I've known it (had it in one form or another since 1978 - jebus has it been that long!! I was 16 sob!! :lol: ) the better it gets. Half a Mind to Leave Ya sets it off pretty well coming across as a bit Bostony especially the opening keyboard. Watcha Gonna Do is pretty inoffensive and fairly catchy. We Did It starts with a great keyboard and to me is total pomp...probably the most simplistic bass line Gary Strater ever did!! Nobody's Fool is pretty throwaway, but things pick up on Song for Alaya which is a great atmospheric ballad, So Here We are sets the pomp stall out again and it's fun, She is another throwaway really...but again kind of enjoyable. The Stars are Out Tonight is almost worthy of Citadel and if progged up a bit more could have been on...as it is it's dumbed down a bit and but comes across really quite enjoyable again. Finally When the Sun Shines at Midnight is a monster of a ballad and is probably one of my fave Starcastle songs now.

The band bowed to record label pressure "for hits" and the new sound was such a departure from the first 3 albums that it alienated the fans and even the band themselves and to that end it was dismissed as a poor album. BUT it's not really, at the time I was sorely disappointed with it (a similar thing happened when I bought Prism's Small Change but I like that now!), yet it has aged extremely well in my opinion and it can hold it's own against some of the classic pomp/AOR albums of the era.

So anyway I've grown to like it a lot.

By the way if you have cash to spare also grab Chronos I which is a collection of demo's and some unreleased versions ... it's verrry good!