What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

ROBBY VALENTINE - Androgenius

Nice (but expensive) digipack of his best old work - all fully re-recorded - and some new tunes. Will give it a full listen then let everyone know if it's worth getting....

I got the Jap version of this a while back and it is really cool. Where did you get the Euro Digipack from, as It isn't up on his website yet and I know Nick is looking into getting this?. Is all this re-recorded - There are 6 re-records on the jap version with the rest being remastered etc. :tumbsup:

originals or bootlegs? :tumbsup:

ahahaha, nope they're from a japo trustworth seller. ya know that i'm attack maniax. actually my best man and my sister have the other spare copies(so practically i consider them mine :tumbsup: ). i kept the original cds+vinyls for myself(with different cover artwork in some of them, like revitalize)....now, though, you made me curious and i will have to put them next to those i know they're originals to find out....shame on the japo if he deceived me.... :doh: by the way, i bought all the japanese versions from japo guys. the european ones(iceland recs) were purchased many years ago from rock city, when they used to bring some nice stuff(although overpriced, approximately from 5200 to 5500 drachmas each)

Japaneses are also good bootleggers when it comes to releases not from japanese artists...

I have some of the Attack cds but I'm sick & tired seeking for originals or not so I don't mind anymore...

A few goodies recently....

Safire - s/t (finally got my hands on this on at a very nice price)

Kenilworth - It's Time (featuring ex-Safire members and appears (by song writing credits) to be some safire songs not on the first album)

Downtown Clowns - s/t (swedish sleaze)

Fifty Sixx - Gun Powder Office (some really great aussie hard rock I'd never heard of before, quite recent modern style)

Innuendo - State of Reality (some polished aussie aor I've never heard of before)

Crunch Factor - s/t (some hard rock for this virtually unknown aussie group)

Vicious - Captured (Jap glam/sleaze)

Starlet suicide - (swedish glam, 2 early cd eps)

.... and plenty more, including a haul from Backster.

Whered you get Safire? get me one.

Fifty Sixx... im prettysure ive heard their debut Ep.. which was very Anberlin... if its the same band very surprised you like it. EDIT: yep same band, different EP.

I deleted half my PMs yesterday and I saw one on those Fifty Sixx guys you sent me a couple of years ago. I can't remember them but perhaps I should hear them again.

Kenilworth - It's Time (featuring ex-Safire members and appears (by song writing credits) to be some safire songs not on the first album)

Fifty Sixx - Gun Powder Office (some really great aussie hard rock I'd never heard of before, quite recent modern style)

Innuendo - State of Reality (some polished aussie aor I've never heard of before)

Fifty Sixx... im prettysure ive heard their debut Ep.. which was very Anberlin... if its the same band very surprised you like it. EDIT: yep same band, different EP.

I deleted half my PMs yesterday and I saw one on those Fifty Sixx guys you sent me a couple of years ago. I can't remember them but perhaps I should hear them again.

I think youd enjoy it. I dont know if theyve broken up cos theyre website is gone, and their myspace is really behind. They were doing alot of gigs around Sydney.

Safire I got from Ebay. It helps when the seller doesn't actually list the band name in the auction title!

And 'Yes Matt'... if I see another I will get it for you. :tumbsup:

The Fifty Sixx ep I got is pretty rocking. Having a look at their myspace page now it looks like they may have changed a bit. Their image looks a bit modern-grungy now. Not sure what the newer EP is like. Their not the best going around, but solid polished slab of modern rock.

Geoff/Matt...have you guys checked out Juke Cartel? Are they your sorta thing?

Safire I got from Ebay. It helps when the seller doesn't actually list the band name in the auction title!

The Fifty Sixx ep I got is pretty rocking. Having a look at their myspace page now it looks like they may have changed a bit. Their image looks a bit modern-grungy now. Not sure what the newer EP is like. Their not the best going around, but solid polished slab of modern rock.

Juke Cartel? Not heard the name to be honest. What's their story?

Oh... oh wait. This could very well be the song I heard on the radio about 3 months ago. My wife was going some cleaning with the radio on and this came on and I was very impressed. Never checked them out, but 99% sure we're talking about the same band. Really melodic/commercial modern rock, hey?

good man. if i believed you id be happy.

Juke Cartel? Not heard the name to be honest. What's their story?

Oh... oh wait. This could very well be the song I heard on the radio about 3 months ago. My wife was going some cleaning with the radio on and this came on and I was very impressed. Never checked them out, but 99% sure we're talking about the same band. Really melodic/commercial modern rock, hey?

Yeah, commerical modern rock. The singer was the Aussie bloke that was the runner up for one of those US rockstar singer comps (was it rockstar supernova?) I went to see em with a mate a couple of months back and thought they were ok, but more your sorta stuff. Pretty sure they're touring now or very soon as my mate asked me to go along again.

Here you go Geoff....

http://www.myspace.com/jukekartel

Haha. Thanks mate. Just started another thread. When I get a moment I'll give it a good listen. I will try to see them live soon too.

Here you go Geoff....

http://www.myspace.com/jukekartel

Haha. Thanks mate. Just started another thread. When I get a moment I'll give it a good listen. If you see any live dates can you let me know? I couldn't find any upcoming Sydney dates.

obviously didn't look at the pages then. they have 30-40 dates coming up. surely some are near you.

Okay, I am staying well away from Secondspin (and ALL CDs) forever now. But in the biggest modern rock CD haul of my life I picked up this batch, at an average price of us$3.82 a disc. Most were under $3 and as low as $1.08 but the few ones I sought out to get (like Hinder, Disciple, Anberlin, Framing Hanley [thanks Jim]) which were up around the us$7 mark kind of made the average higher than I hoped/expected. There is such beauty in being blissfully unaware. Wish I hadn't added all these up - :lol: :

Bastard... I went there myself and now I have about $50 less to my name... but I will have about 20 new CD's any day now... mostly modern rock, but all stuff that was well worth < $2 each in the clearance section. :)

Picked these up this week,

House Of Lords (Anthology)

House Of Lords (Liquifury)

House Of Lords (Power And The Myth)

Warrant (Greatest & Latest)

Winger (Demo Anthology)

London (The Metal Years)

Spread Eagle (Spread Eagle-Remaster)

Cobra (First Strike-Remaster)

Ted Poley (Smile)

Junkyard (Shut Up-We're Trying To Practice)

Hollywood Rocks (4 Disc Set-Picked Up Both Long Box and Short Box)

Black N Blue (s/t)

Black N Blue (Nasty Nasty)

Black N Blue (Without Love)

Signal (Loud N Clear)

Jorn (Live In America+Extra Tracks)

Circus Of Power (Circus Of Power)

Autograph (That's The Stuff)

And last BUT NOT least

Far Cry (High Gear)

just paid foir these from finland. filling some gaps....

Records 7717 Axel Rudi Pell - Ballads 1 4.9 €

Records 14050 Beyond Fallen - Mindfire 1 4.9 €

Records 4673 Charisma - Hunting You (mcd) 1 4.9 €

Records 12805 Crying Steel - The Steel is Back 1 4.9 €

Records 10786 Destiny - Future Of The Past (slipcase) 1 4.9 €

Records 12264 DGM - Wings Of Time 1 4.9 €

Records 12812 Feline Melinda - Morning Dew 1 4.9 €

Shipping fee: 4.50 €

Total: 38.8 €

nice bunch :beerbang:

Okay, I am staying well away from Secondspin (and ALL CDs) forever now. But in the biggest modern rock CD haul of my life I picked up this batch, at an average price of us$3.82 a disc. Most were under $3 and as low as $1.08 but the few ones I sought out to get (like Hinder, Disciple, Anberlin, Framing Hanley [thanks Jim]) which were up around the us$7 mark kind of made the average higher than I hoped/expected. There is such beauty in being blissfully unaware. Wish I hadn't added all these up - :lol: :

Bastard... I went there myself and now I have about $50 less to my name... but I will have about 20 new CD's any day now... mostly modern rock, but all stuff that was well worth < $2 each in the clearance section. :)

Would love to know what you got, mate. Please let me know. :)

Yeah, I worked it out. I got 40 CDs for under us$4; 30 CDs under us$3 and 14 CDs for under us$2. Simply amazing value and essential for any fan of modern rock.

Over the past several weeks or so, some are still in transit:

Blaz-On - In Our Free Time

Crazy Lixx - Loud Minority

Fifth Angel - S/T (original press)

Fury - From Beyond The Horizon

Guttersluts - Beg, Borrow & Steal

Guttersluts - Screaming At Deaf Ears

Intice - Taste The Night

Machinegun Kelly - White Line Offside (original press)

New Dynasty - Mad Monster Party

Noize Toys - Fallin' In Lust...Again

Pretty Boy Floyd - Bullets & Lipstik

Scatter Creek - S/T

Sure Conviction - Get Ready

Victory - You Bought It You Name It

Whiskey High - One Hundred Percent Pure

Wicked Angel - Saints And Sinners

Thanks to an awesome trade with Ali Rock (well, his side's complete anyway... now just have to get my CDs in the air!):

Idle Cure - 'Eclipse'

The Action - 'Louder than words'

and a long, long time want of mine; Swedish Erotica - 'Blindman's Justice'

This week's crap:

Reflexion - Dead To The Past, Blind For Tomorrow (-08)

Spiha - Egoreactor (-03)

Some crap Japanese pressings:

MSG - s/t (-91)

Saigon Kick - Devil In The Details (-95)

Faith Taboo - Psychopath + 1 (-97)

Heaven 'N' Hell - Sleeping With The Angels + 1 (-03)

White Wolf - Endangered Species (-96)

Southpaw - s/t + 1 (-98)

Mara - Poetry In Motion (-94)

Ten - Far Beyond The World + 1 (-01)

Under Suspicion - s/t + 1 (-01)

Duran Duran - Decade (-89)

And finally some really crap releases from Retrospect:

Defcon - s/t (-91/-06)

Brinx - Rain On The City (-89/-06)

Alliance - s/t (-82/-07)

Stranger - s/t (82/-05)

Stranger - Angry Dogs (-95/-05)

Shyanne - s/t (-82/-08)

Mariah - Somewhere Between Heaven & Earth (-91/-05)

Mariah - III (-92/-07)

Hamish....the Mac - River Of Hope (-94/-07)

Foxx - Stick It Out (-91/-09)

Far Cry - s/t (-91/-07)

Crash Alley - Loud n Ugly (-93/-07)

Criss Sexx - Bastard Barbie (-05/-09)

Bugsy Malone - s/t (-91/-07)

Alibi - s/t (-92/-08)

Bombay - s/t (-08)

Trexel - Balance Of Power (-91/-08)

Valor - Make It Big (-07)

Naked City - Crawlin' (-08)

Shotgun Wedding - If You Only Knew (-98/-07)

Messano - s/t (-89/-07)

Harlow - Now And Then (-08)

Finger Print - On File (-84/-07)

Fire With Fire - s/t (-91/-08)

Frontrunner - Up-N-Cummin' (-94/-08)