What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

Dunno what it was about "Souls...." Just seemed like they didn't put their best effort into that one. I've heard some of the re-recorded tracks on "First Strike..." and they sounded pretty good. Hope to see it in my mailbox within the next day or two.

And actually, yes, I do own (and like) "Practice What You Preach." That one and "Low" are the only two I currently own. "The Gathering" had some great tunes on it, but too many fillers to make it a keeper for me. As you can see, Testament is a hit-and-miss band for me; pretty much when I want a Testament fix, I just reach for "Low." Not sure they'll ever top that one.

Testament phoned it in on "Souls of Black." That album was rushed cuz the record company wanted to get'em back out on tour (with Judas Priest and Megadeth) back in 1990. Even the band members themselves admit that it's not as good as it should be. I think Chuck Billy has said something along the lines of "Souls of Black should have been a 4-song EP," haha.

I'm in your corner about "Low," MM777 -- my fave Testament album. That thing crushes! :beerbang:

Latest acquisitions...

Testament: "Souls of Black"

Good one...

Actually, I wasn't impressed, but that's OK, it was a Christmas gift, so it didn't cost me anything. I've got Testament: "First Strike Still Deadly" on the way, so we'll see if I like that any better.

I don't like "Souls of Black" either. "First Strike..." is the re-recordings of all their early stuff. It sounds killer & definitely should be more your sort of thing...

"Practice What You Preach" is the album you should probably get IMO...

If he didn't like 'Souls' then I don't know if he'd like 'Practice'.

I'd say that 'Low' and 'The Gathering' would be more his speed and maybe 'The Legacy' and 'New Order'.

Dunno what it was about "Souls...." Just seemed like they didn't put their best effort into that one. I've heard some of the re-recorded tracks on "First Strike..." and they sounded pretty good. Hope to see it in my mailbox within the next day or two.

And actually, yes, I do own (and like) "Practice What You Preach." That one and "Low" are the only two I currently own. "The Gathering" had some great tunes on it, but too many fillers to make it a keeper for me. As you can see, Testament is a hit-and-miss band for me; pretty much when I want a Testament fix, I just reach for "Low." Not sure they'll ever top that one.

"The New Order" is pretty damn good as well I think it's probably my favorite Testament disc next to Practice.

Latest acquisitions...

Testament: "Souls of Black"

Good one...

Actually, I wasn't impressed, but that's OK, it was a Christmas gift, so it didn't cost me anything. I've got Testament: "First Strike Still Deadly" on the way, so we'll see if I like that any better.

I don't like "Souls of Black" either. "First Strike..." is the re-recordings of all their early stuff. It sounds killer & definitely should be more your sort of thing...

"Practice What You Preach" is the album you should probably get IMO...

If he didn't like 'Souls' then I don't know if he'd like 'Practice'.

I'd say that 'Low' and 'The Gathering' would be more his speed and maybe 'The Legacy' and 'New Order'.

"The New Order" is pretty damn good as well I think it's probably my favorite Testament disc next to Practice.

I'll agree, I think The New Order is excellent, probably my favorite but just barely. Practice would be second.

Megadeth - Warchest (4CD/DVD)

Dream Theater - Official Bootleg: Falling Into Infinity Demos 2 CD

Dream Theater - Official Bootleg: Live New York City '93

Dream Theater - Official Bootleg: Made In Japan

Distant Thunder - S/T

Prizoner - Voodoo

Forte' - A Dead Breed...

St. Elmo's Fire - Warning From The Sky

Heartless - S/T

Black Steel - Battle Call

Wicked Kin - Born Killers Thanks Steve & Matt for thinking of me!

Xalt - Under The Ruins

Juicy Lucy - S/T

Barracuda - Open Fire Original Rock Hard release

This one arrived today along with the Y&T DVD/CD

THUNDERHEAD_TB.JPG

Been looking forward to this one.

Lightspeed - Waves

TC Express - Awaiting ...

Rocket Scientists - Oblivion Days

Tall Stories - s/t

91 Suite - s/t

91 Suite - Times They Change

Nu - Vamos Al Lio!!

Beethoven R - Ja, Ja

Beethoven R - En poco Mas

Leverage - Blind Fire

A.C.T - Silence

Saga - The Chapters Live

EndeverafteR - Kiss Or Kill

Isom - Hearts on Fire

Mystic Healer - s/t

Survivor - Too Hot to Sleep

Hughes/Thrall - s/t

Beau Coup - Then And Now

Very cool compilation of 5 tracks from the 'Born And Raised' album, 4 tracks from the debut Mini Album plus 5 new tracks. VERY nice.

Larsen/Feiten Band - S/T + Full Moon (2on1)