What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

Picked up the Diamond Head re-issues I mentioned a couple of posts back.

The Diamond Head Re-issues are really good - Completely forgot how good an album 'Canterbury' was/is. Hope you enjoy :beerbang:

Faber Drive - 'Seven second surgery' :wub:

I have a copy of that I probably would of given you for next to nothing as well. :lol: We are all feeling generous aren't we? - must be the new year or the fact that this is really quite rubbish!! :whistle:

Joey Dalmon - Carousel

Really quite excellent stuff that all the AOR boys and girls around here should grab right away.

Peace & Quiet - S/T

Cry Havoc............Fuel That Feeds The Fire

Adriangale............Feel The Fire

Goodbye Thrill......S/T

American Angel....Vanity

Delirious..............S/T

Helloween............Gambling With The Devil

Ted Poley............Smile

Shakra................Infected

Reb Beach...........Masquerade

Love Child...........Down on Your Knees

Beggars Playground....The Beg

Rainbow..............Straight Between The Eyes

Zychek...............S/T

Shogun...............31 Days

Tesla..................Reel To Reel Vol 2

Bloodgood..........All Stand Together

Faster Pussycat...Whipped

Latest acquisitions...

Testament: "Souls of Black"

Good one...

Actually, I wasn't impressed, but that's OK, it was a Christmas gift, so it didn't cost me anything. I've got Testament: "First Strike Still Deadly" on the way, so we'll see if I like that any better.

Latest acquisitions...

Good one...

Actually, I wasn't impressed, but that's OK, it was a Christmas gift, so it didn't cost me anything. I've got Testament: "First Strike Still Deadly" on the way, so we'll see if I like that any better.

Do have "Low" or any others?

Revlon Red.....Our Bubbleglam Era

from their myspace for about $10....

or you can try ebay and pay $50+

Man I love stuff like that... I remember buying the Mae West cd directly from the singer for $10.00 and at the same time seeing them sell between $50 and $100 on Ebay.

Thanks for the heads up!

Faber Drive - 'Seven second surgery' :wub:

I have a copy of that I probably would of given you for next to nothing as well. :lol: We are all feeling generous aren't we? - must be the new year or the fact that this is really quite rubbish!! :whistle:

You know I was actually honestly going to ask if you wanted to sell your copy for cheap when you said you hated it (obviously in denial) but you said you gave it to your wife, didn't you?

Man I love stuff like that... I remember buying the Mae West cd directly from the singer for $10.00 and at the same time seeing them sell between $50 and $100 on Ebay.

Thanks for the heads up!

Is that a proper CD, Lindsay? I have some demos from those guys but never thought they had any proper releases? Is it a bit like that Penny lane 'Anthology' or something? Is it good? Mostly, I should say... is the sound quality good? If I recall correctly the band were quite good.

Thanks for the heads up!

Note... it's a cdr - not a silver pressed cd.

Printed disc (not stick on label) and reasonably good artwork.

I think it's being pressed by the same people who do the Peppermint Creeps dsics, cos I have a feeling Billy Blades (who is playing with the creeps) also play with Revlon Red.

I'm after the Mae West disc. Is it still possible to pick up for $10 or was that a while back?

I was just gonna bring up Penny Lane.....

I've seen that going for over $100 on ebay, when you can buy it direct from the band on myspace for about $15. That was a great release.... silver pressed, and good quality.

In regards to the sound qulaity of the Revlon Red... I haven;t actuallyha d achance to listen yet. Just recevied it about 2 days ago. I believe it is a compilation of old stuff wiht a few new tracks... but don't hold me to that.

Thanks for the heads up!

Note... it's a cdr - not a silver pressed cd.

Printed disc (not stick on label) and reasonably good artwork.

I think it's being pressed by the same people who do the Peppermint Creeps dsics, cos I have a feeling Billy Blades (who is playing with the creeps) also play with Revlon Red.

I'm after the Mae West disc. Is it still possible to pick up for $10 or was that a while back?

Started a Clark Rabbitt thread...

I was just gonna bring up Penny Lane.....

I've seen that going for over $100 on ebay, when you can buy it direct from the band on myspace for about $15. That was a great release.... silver pressed, and good quality.

In regards to the sound qulaity of the Revlon Red... I haven;t actuallyha d achance to listen yet. Just recevied it about 2 days ago. I believe it is a compilation of old stuff wiht a few new tracks... but don't hold me to that.

Cool, let me know if it's any good and I might pick it up. I'll have to pull out my demos at home to recall what I thought. I'm sure I liked them. Penny Lane is already over $100??? Wow, maybe I should try to sell mine and get a new copy off their site. That's a good CD.

Latest acquisitions...

Good one...

I don't like "Souls of Black" either. "First Strike..." is the re-recordings of all their early stuff. It sounds killer & definitely should be more your sort of thing...

"Practice What You Preach" is the album you should probably get IMO...

Latest acquisitions...

Good one...

I don't like "Souls of Black" either. "First Strike..." is the re-recordings of all their early stuff. It sounds killer & definitely should be more your sort of thing...

If he didn't like 'Souls' then I don't know if he'd like 'Practice'.

I'd say that 'Low' and 'The Gathering' would be more his speed and maybe 'The Legacy' and 'New Order'.

Latest acquisitions...

Good one...

If he didn't like 'Souls' then I don't know if he'd like 'Practice'.

I'd say that 'Low' and 'The Gathering' would be more his speed and maybe 'The Legacy' and 'New Order'.

Dunno what it was about "Souls...." Just seemed like they didn't put their best effort into that one. I've heard some of the re-recorded tracks on "First Strike..." and they sounded pretty good. Hope to see it in my mailbox within the next day or two.

And actually, yes, I do own (and like) "Practice What You Preach." That one and "Low" are the only two I currently own. "The Gathering" had some great tunes on it, but too many fillers to make it a keeper for me. As you can see, Testament is a hit-and-miss band for me; pretty much when I want a Testament fix, I just reach for "Low." Not sure they'll ever top that one.