Michael Vick

Chris

From Yahoo Sports.........Another asshole thats fucked in the head.It figures it comes from an NBA player........

Stephon Marbury defends Michael Vick, calls dogfighting a sport

August 22, 2007

NEW YORK (AP) -- New York Knicks guard Stephon Marbury defended Michael Vick, calling dogfighting a sport and comparing it to hunting.

Marbury spoke Monday about the federal dogfighting conspiracy charges against Vick while promoting his basketball shoe in Albany, N.Y.

ADVERTISEMENT

"I think it's tough," Marbury said, according to Albany TV station Capital News 9. "I think, you know, we don't say anything about people who shoot deer or shoot other animals. You know, from what I hear, dogfighting is a sport. It's just behind closed doors."

On Monday, Vick said through a lawyer that he will plead guilty to a federal charge of conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities and conspiracy to sponsor a dog in an animal fighting venture. He also faces possible prosecution in Virginia.

"I think it's tough that we build Michael Vick up and then we break him down," Marbury said. "I think he's one of the superb athletes, and he's a good human being. I just think that he fell into a bad situation."

I saw this on the news last night and simply shook my head. Further proof that professional athletes should be seen and not heard. :ahole:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Yahoo Sports.........Another asshole thats fucked in the head.It figures it comes from an NBA player........

August 22, 2007

NEW YORK (AP) -- New York Knicks guard Stephon Marbury defended Michael Vick, calling dogfighting a sport and comparing it to hunting.

Marbury spoke Monday about the federal dogfighting conspiracy charges against Vick while promoting his basketball shoe in Albany, N.Y.

ADVERTISEMENT

"I think it's tough," Marbury said, according to Albany TV station Capital News 9. "I think, you know, we don't say anything about people who shoot deer or shoot other animals. You know, from what I hear, dogfighting is a sport. It's just behind closed doors."

On Monday, Vick said through a lawyer that he will plead guilty to a federal charge of conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities and conspiracy to sponsor a dog in an animal fighting venture. He also faces possible prosecution in Virginia.

"I think it's tough that we build Michael Vick up and then we break him down," Marbury said. "I think he's one of the superb athletes, and he's a good human being. I just think that he fell into a bad situation."

I saw this on the news last night and simply shook my head. Further proof that professional athletes should be seen and not heard. :ahole:

Amen, from reading his comments this guy isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Vick.jpg

:rofl2:

Scooby: "Ruh-Roh, Roo in BIIIIG rubble, Richael."

Stimpy: "Choo go-eeng to Pound You Een The Ass Prison, YOU EEEEE-DIOT!"

Coming over the wire now. Vick's camp is saying that he's not going to plead guilty to either killing dogs or gambling on dogfighting. He only plans to plead guilty to one count of interstate commerce violations.

How does this fucker get off not having to admit to anything! Money talks I guess. :2up:

Why would the feds even agree to this???

Sonofabitch.

Any star like this needs to do a least a year of prison time.... Its unbelievable with the fucking much money that cant find something legal to do. With that much money why not go over to another country and do it legally. Isnt like they dont have the money to get there and back. For all those that like to drink and drive. Go out buy 1000 acres of land make ya some streets and drink and drive all you frinkin want to. Those people deserve all they get. Maybe that much money makes you stupid and you cant help but act like a idiot.

New news.........................

Vick files plea in federal court, admits dogfighting

By LARRY O'DELL, Associated Press Writer

August 24, 2007

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- Michael Vick filed his plea agreement in federal court Friday admitting to conspiracy in a dogfighting ring and helping kill pit bulls. He denied ever betting on the fights, only bankrolling them.

The Atlanta Falcons quarterback is scheduled to formally enter his plea Monday in U.S. District Court.

ADVERTISEMENT

"Most of the Bad Newz Kennels operation and gambling monies were provided by Vick," a summary of facts in the case said.

The statement said that when the kennel's dogs won, the gambling proceeds were generally shared by Vick's three co-defendants -- Tony Taylor, Purnell Peace and Quanis Phillips.

"Vick did not gamble by placing side bets on any of the fights. Vick did not receive any of the proceeds of the purses that were won by Bad Newz Kennels," the summary said.

"Vick agrees and stipulates that these dogs all died as a result of the collective efforts of Peace, Phillips and Vick."

"Vick agrees and stipulates that these dogs all died as a result of the collective efforts of Peace, Phillips and Vick."

This flies directly in the face of what is currently being reported on ESPN Radio.

Too many conflicting reports right now....

-Dan

August 22, 2007

See? If only Vick had eaten the dogs after shooting them, all of this would be okay.

Now they're talking about how it's possible that because Vick is willing to inform on other dogfighters, that he may not end up doing any jail time at all, and may simply get "House Arrest" which would allow him to work, meaning he would get to play in the NFL.

What the FUCK is wrong with the authorities?

There's a certain segment of our society cheering that he'll get off scott free...

-Dan

More from Yahoo......

According to the statement, Vick also was involved with the others in killing six to eight dogs that did not perform well in testing sessions last April. The dogs were executed by drowning or hanging.

"Vick agrees and stipulates that these dogs all died as a result of the collective efforts" of Vick and two of the co-defendants, Phillips and Peace, the statement said.

In the plea agreement, the government committed to recommending a sentence on the low end of the federal sentencing guideline range of a year to 18 months. However, the conspiracy charge is punishable by up to five years in prison, and the judge is not bound by any recommendation or by the sentencing guidelines.

U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson, who will accept Vick's plea, has a reputation for imposing stiff sentences, according to lawyers who have appeared in his court. Vick will not be sentenced for several months.

"Our position has been that we are going to try to help Judge Hudson understand all the facts and Michael's role," Vick's lead defense attorney, Billy Martin, said in telephone interview. "Michael's role was different than others associated with this incident."

Martin said Vick will "speak to the public and explain his actions," but he declined to say whether that will occur in court or in a news conference after Monday's hearing.

The U.S. attorney's office, which has declined to comment on the case, said it would issue a statement after the hearing.

The case began in April when authorities conducting a drug investigation of Vick's cousin raided the former Virginia Tech star's Surry County property and found dozens of dogs, some injured, and equipment commonly used in dogfighting.

A federal indictment issued in July charged Vick, Peace, Phillips and Taylor with an interstate dogfighting conspiracy. Vick initially denied any involvement, and all four men pleaded innocent.

Taylor was the first to change his plea to guilty, saying Vick financed the dogfighting ring's gambling and operations. Peace and Phillips soon followed, disclosing that Vick joined them in killing dogs that did not perform well in test fights.

The sickening details outlined in the indictment and other court papers prompted a public backlash against Vick, who had been one of the NFL's most popular players.

Vick was barred from the Falcons training camp, but neither the NFL nor the team have taken further action.

Associated Press Writers Matthew Barakat in McLean, Va., and Michael Felberbaum in Richmond contributed to this report.

Play Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football games: Fantasy Football | Pro Pick'em | Survival | Salary Cap

CNN just reported that the NFL has suspended Vick indefinitely :baneed:

Well done !!! :tumbsup:

CNN just reported that the NFL has suspended Vick indefinitely :baneed:

Well done !!! :tumbsup:

Bout time someone cleaned up the league. First Pacman now Vick. Good job, Roger Goodell. :drink:

Well, it looks like the PR attempt from Vick's team yesterday didn't do any good.

Here is Roger Goodell's (Commissioner of the NFL) letter to Michael Vick today:

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/pdf/070824...lvickletter.pdf

Also ESPN is reporting that Nike has severed ties with Vick (took ya that long to figure out that Vick's image might not be great for advertising?... Duh.)

-Dan

Just heard Vick's press conference after his pleading guilty. Overall it seemed straightforward and unrehearsed, but I have to ask: why does it seem that any time a superstar is doing a mea culpa, they've always "just found Jesus" as if that makes everything OK? I just don't buy it. I guess there's a cross section of American Society that will absolve all guilt because of such a pronouncement. Why do they never "find Jesus" before getting caught? The number of jailhouse conversions boggles the mind.

If he had left out that part of it, I would have been impressed.

-Dan

still he didn't give the generic "I'm sorry for what has happend", no your not, you are sorry you got caught (not that Michael isn't sorry he got caught) He pretty much said I did, I'm wrong and I'm not going to blame anyone else. I can respect that.

should he get another shot at the NFL? good question. Leonard Little is playing after killing some one because he was driving drunk so it is a hard question for me to answer. The easy answer is NO. This is coming from a dog lover and someone who is disgusted with the whole idea of dog fighting.

• 5 weeks later...
Some people are just plain STUPID!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-v...p&type=lgns

The poor bastard....just trying to relax with a bit of weed after a hard day of dog killing and he gets caught :loser:

I heard Ricky Williams invited him over for a day of NFL Sunday Ticket. :ahole::loser: