Michael Vick

Chris

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this on Yahoo News earlier today and went, "Awwww....what a shame... NOT."

(This is an excerpt, the full article was much longer)

Vick wants to play, but what team would risk it?

By TIM DAHLBERG, AP Sports Columnist Nov 15, 2:35 pm EST

Michael Vick lives in a prison in Kansas, making 12 cents an hour while plotting his return to the NFL. His houses and farms will soon be gone, the two yachts are history, and he’s down to his last couple of Range Rovers.

A race horse he bought for $60,000 died of colic, the Atlanta Falcons are still trying to hit him up for millions they paid him, and the IRS and the state of Georgia want nearly $1 million in back taxes.

In 2006 he made nearly $15 million. Recently he reported total income of $12.89 for an entire month.

That’s $12.89 as in 12 dollars and 89 cents. This from someone who, before things went terribly bad, categorized a $1,000 check to his mother as “chump change.”

The numbers are cold, but they have to warm the heart of any animal lover sickened by what once went on at Vick’s Bad Newz Kennels. To many, seeing Vick stripped of the material things he and his fellow millionaire athletes like to enjoy is almost as good as watching him go to prison in the first place.

ADVERTISEMENT

Best of all, the dogs who survived the terror of Vick’s dogfighting ring are having the last laugh.

They’re the stars of a recent National Geographic Channel television special. They live in comfort in a Utah ranch, thanks to $928,000 Vick agreed to contribute to finance their care.

And now they have their own wine.

Yes, there’s Meryl, looking anything but ferocious on a bottle of Syrah. And there’s Lewis, peeking out from the front of another Vicktory Dog bottle.

Maybe Vick can pick up a $40 bottle when he gets out of prison next July, assuming things go as planned. If he’s careful about not spending his prison earnings in the commissary, he could be paroled with enough to buy a couple of them.

He shouldn’t drink too much, though. Because he’s still got some football to play.

Buried in the hundreds of pages of paper detailing Vick’s financial woes the other day in federal bankruptcy court was the declaration that not only does Vick expect to be reinstated in the NFL upon his release but also believes he will “be able to earn a substantial living” playing quarterback once again.

Good luck with that.

Speaking as a life long Falcons fan (37 years), I can say without hesitation, I hope the guy fucking rots in jail. End of story.

Thank God for Matt Ryan.

Agreed, my friend.

While not a Falcons fan, as a fan of the most basic human decency and definitely a defender of animal rights, this hoodrat thug doesn't deserve to make a "substanial" living doing anything that would remotely give him anything more than an ability to pay his bills and live day-to-day like many others. As a matter of fact, I'd love to see him be an employee of a police department, in the dog training department. However, as further penance for his crimes against the canine world, he would not get a padded suit. Let the bastard use his "skillz" to run as fast as he can to get away from the pooches.

(Yeah, I know, for being a fan of basic human decency, there's not much in my post/feelings towards another person. As long as he'd been making poor decisions though, and the atrocities he committed (as many other, sadly, do) against defenseless animals, the sick bastard gets no compassion and nothing but ill will from me.)

Speaking as a life long Falcons fan (37 years), I can say without hesitation, I hope the guy fucking rots in jail. End of story.

Thank God for Matt Ryan.

Agreed, my friend.

While not a Falcons fan, as a fan of the most basic human decency and definitely a defender of animal rights, this hoodrat thug doesn't deserve to make a "substanial" living doing anything that would remotely give him anything more than an ability to pay his bills and live day-to-day like many others. As a matter of fact, I'd love to see him be an employee of a police department, in the dog training department. However, as further penance for his crimes against the canine world, he would not get a padded suit. Let the bastard use his "skillz" to run as fast as he can to get away from the pooches.

(Yeah, I know, for being a fan of basic human decency, there's not much in my post/feelings towards another person. As long as he'd been making poor decisions though, and the atrocities he committed (as many other, sadly, do) against defenseless animals, the sick bastard gets no compassion and nothing but ill will from me.)

Could not have stated it any better myself.

I'm sure a lot of animal-loving linemen and linebackers are hoping he does get a shot at playing again. Think of the pain and suffering those behemoths could inflict upon that fucker at the bottom of a pile. Can you say displaced teeth? Crushed larynx? Ruptured testicalios? Release the hounds!

It takes one twisted, demented fuck to place a family pet into a ring with a trained killer, and laugh at that poor creature's misery and suffering. And this asshole wants the public to forgive him and allow him back into the limelight????? Anyone preaching acceptance of this cretin because he's "paid his debt to society" are simply unscrupulous fools, willing to bury their head in the sand to appease a celebrity they admire for Christ knows what reason. Bottom line - Vick the bastard deserves all the hardships that come with the territory of his disgusting crime. He is a lowlife scumbag, and will ALWAYS BE a lowlife scumbag despite what his brain-dead supporters claim. When I see stupid fuckers sporting his (former) jersey, I feel like ripping the garment off them and stuffing it down their throat. As far as I'm concerned, if someone shows support for that prick, they condone his actions, which makes them as big a waste of space as he is. For all the suffering he caused to those animals, he has not even remotely come close to repaying any debt at all, and should be greeted with all the ill-will, contempt, and scorn society can heap upon him at every opportunity. "Hanging's too good for him. Burning's too good for him! He should be torn into little bitsy pieces and buried alive!"

As far as how reliable the source is, I'm not sure. I mean, if they were there, that doesn't say much about their scruples, does it? However, I really have no trouble believing it/no doubt it's true.

To me, it goes to show: money certainly is not the only measure of a man. (Actually, it says something else too.)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/fbn_vick_dogfighting

A plea of "not guilty to animal cruelty"???????????????????????????

Slamming a dog to the ground until it's dead isn't cruel????????????????? WTF kind of bullshit is that?

3 year suspended sentence??????????

Clearing a possible return to the NFL?????????

What kind of fucking ostriches run the legal system? All this crap about Vick's ordeal coming to an end. What ordeal?????? He committed a heinous, disgusting crime, and the tone of that article suggests people should let bygones be bygones. What a crock of shit that is. No one should feel anything but contempt for this prick. If I never hear that asshole's name ever again, it will be too soon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You guys make me sick, all of you, you guys are no better then Mr.Vick, spewing your right wing, gun blazing conservative propaganda! not even taking into consideration what it's like to grow up a poor young man of color, on the brutal american streets of the ghetto! where to feed her family, Mrs. Vick probably had to turn a trick, or run as a mule for some cruel crack\cocaine dealer, where Michael and his poor younger brother Reggie, had to be humiliated by many pit bulls, pit bulls that would wait until all the hot girls were around, then proceed to indulge Michael and Reggie in dialogue way beyond the capacity of their knowledge, thus making them look incredibly stupid and the most in oppurtune times, years of being outwitted by the pits, Michael and Reggie finally snapped! knowing they would never be able to match the intelligence and knowledge of the pitbulls, Michael and Reggie resorted to physical violence, the last step in knowing it was the only thing they had over the pitbulls, this is why they seeked revenge against the Pitts, so as you guys can see now, Michael and Reggie are the victims here, they just never got to have their side get heard, now how do you guys feel? probably pretty stupid! don't jump to conclusions so quickly next time.

And fyi, their is one smart NFL franchise that believes forgiving, that will put Mr. Vick on the road to forgiveness, and redemption, the beautiful franchise of the Oakland Raiders will no doubtedly show all of you that their is a team willing to wait with open arms for Mr. Vick to arrive. the rest of the closed minded, racist, prejudice, intolerant franchises will be sorry they didnt give him that chance, for they will face the wrath of Vick, when he leads the Raiders into the game against your team, and proceeds to do whatever the fuck he wants, all 4 quarters, and watch his teamates give up while he plays at a 100 percent, he will make you all pay!

Unbelievable !! Is this true ?!?! :unsure:

If they are really MV's dogs they are mentally destroyed - a deadly and erratic weapon - and should be put down. Very sorry for these dogs - not their fault - but it would be a lot safer for the people around them.

I know what I'm talking about. I have been charged at by mentally fucked up Rottweiler once. That dog was stopped by its owner in the very last second, so I've been very lucky. It was put down a year later, because it wouldn't stop growling at small children.