Books

JustJason

Raymond E. Feist....."Prince of the Blood".......

Feist KICKS ASS! I love his stuff, great choice. :drink:

Yep he is fast becoming one of my favorite authors...as I work my way through his writings in the order they were released... :beerbang:

I haven't read the latest stuff, I stopped at "The Riftwar Legacy" books, like "Krondor: The Assassins" and such, I thought it started getting a bit weak, but prior to that he was easily one of my favorite authors... I may have to see what he's doing these days, see if I'm likin' what he's putting out now... hmm, and I have a Barnes & Noble gift card in my wallet... hmm...

I know that I occasionally need a break from reading only one authors output.....even the mighty Robert Jordan can be tiring or at least trying if you read a half dozen of his books back to back....I bet you'll easily rediscover your taste for Feist.....

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been reading 'Carrion Comfort' (992 pages) since June 2007. :(

Since I lost my license I've had a lot of time to read on the train and I'm finally about 30 pages from the end of this! Haven't been able to put it down for a while now...

Raymond E. Feist....."Prince of the Blood".......

Feist KICKS ASS! I love his stuff, great choice. :drink:

Yep he is fast becoming one of my favorite authors...as I work my way through his writings in the order they were released... :beerbang:

I haven't read the latest stuff, I stopped at "The Riftwar Legacy" books, like "Krondor: The Assassins" and such, I thought it started getting a bit weak, but prior to that he was easily one of my favorite authors... I may have to see what he's doing these days, see if I'm likin' what he's putting out now... hmm, and I have a Barnes & Noble gift card in my wallet... hmm...

I know that I occasionally need a break from reading only one authors output.....even the mighty Robert Jordan can be tiring or at least trying if you read a half dozen of his books back to back....I bet you'll easily rediscover your taste for Feist.....

Jordan too huh? We have similarly excellent tastes. :drink:

I'll back that up, although if you want a biography of GnR, its not for you.....i think its aimed more at Guitarists and people who wanna read about the rock n roll lifestyle...

its mainly about his Smack habit, and how much he adores playing guitar....

Just finished the Aerosmith biography Walk This Way for about the 30th time!

Now working my way through my stash of Furry Freak Brothers comix

Aerosmith's "Walk This Way" is Incredible...anybody wanna know where

the Crue Got their idea for "The Dirt"..right here.

Great Stuff!! :beerbang:

Now working my way through my stash of Furry Freak Brothers comix

Excellent pick, sir. Greatest comic literature ever published IMHO. :beerbang:

All together now: "ARRRGH! You fat fool, you've been BURNED AGAIN! (CLANG, HONK, TWEET!)"

I've been reading 'Carrion Comfort' (992 pages) since June 2007. :(

Since I lost my license I've had a lot of time to read on the train and I'm finally about 30 pages from the end of this! Haven't been able to put it down for a while now...

Finally finished it yesterday! I now started:

'Vernon God Little' by DBC Pierre

Hover craft racer by Matthew Reilly..... pretty easy reading... i think its his only book for children... hence im reading it :)

Ive almost finsihed this.... its pretty weak. Even though hes a very well known author... avoid this.

Finished. Average at best. gotta love when a book has 300+ pages and they end all the storylines and loose ends in a page...

I finally finished the last Harry Potter.........just loved that series....

got bored with Harry Potter...

this isnt really "Intellectual Literature" but im currently reading Sandman: A Game Of You by Neil Gaiman (Yeah its a Graphic Novel, but i love em)

for those of you who want to read graphic novels but dont know where to start, theres only 3 things to remember; Neil Gaiman, Garth Ennis and Frank Miller

got bored with Harry Potter...

this isnt really "Intellectual Literature" but im currently reading Sandman: A Game Of You by Neil Gaiman (Yeah its a Graphic Novel, but i love em)

for those of you who want to read graphic novels but dont know where to start, theres only 3 things to remember; Neil Gaiman, Garth Ennis and Frank Miller

Fuck intellectual literature anyway, I read for entertainment. :woot:

Backed 1,000%!!! Blazed through the first 4 in about 2 weeks, could not and would not put them down!! Still need to read 5, 6, 7 ???

After being pestered by my girlfriend for close to 4 years, i picked up the first Harry Potter book early last year. Before i knew it, i had finished reading the first 6 in less than 2 months!!! Awesome series, and the final book is a cracker as well.

Being an avid reader, it's funny i never noticed this thread before. Currently reading "The Icarus Agenda" by Robert Ludlum. Quite good so far.

Backed 1,000%!!! Blazed through the first 4 in about 2 weeks, could not and would not put them down!! Still need to read 5, 6, 7 ???

After being pestered by my girlfriend for close to 4 years, i picked up the first Harry Potter book early last year. Before i knew it, i had finished reading the first 6 in less than 2 months!!! Awesome series, and the final book is a cracker as well.

Being an avid reader, it's funny i never noticed this thread before. Currently reading "The Icarus Agenda" by Robert Ludlum. Quite good so far.

Ludlum, another great author! :drink:

Over the weekend I re-read "Back To The Batcave" by Adam West, the actor who played "Batman" in the classic 1960s TV series. It's a great memoir not only of his "Batman" years but also the rather odd turns his career has taken since then.

My copy of the book is autographed by Adam himself, whom I met at a collectibles show back in the mid 90s. He was an EXTREMELY cool guy and answered all of me & my brother's fanboy questions. :tumbsup:

Philip Pullman’s His Dark Materials trilogy. I picked it up out of curiousity to see what's so scarry in it to make some religious orgainzation to press for its banning from public libraries... The first book was a bit childish, but from second onwards it unfolded into a killer fantasy story with intricate plot and provocative concepts. A+